GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the case is getting to the business end, and now people are lining up for a seat in the court pre-dawn this morning so they can "be part of history" and "support Allison". Is this some sort of game to these people, are you kidding me, you would rather support Allison by being so damn selfish and taking the seats of family members that are there to ACTUALLY support each other. To all of you people that rush to get there early so they can get a seat, you should be ashamed of yourselves. This is not a spectacle, this is not a show. As if the family are not dealing with enough already, especially at this crucial time.

Some Family members could not get a seat in court on Thursday, they could not get in to the public gallery overflow room, it was only the kind gesture of the media to allow them to go into the media room that allowed them to see proceedings.

FAMILY MEMBERS ARE HAVING TO QUEUE UP FOR TICKETS TO GET SEATS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

In fact, how about those members of the public standing in line for seats today show some integrity and actually stand in line for the members of Allison's family, and offer up their tickets to them. Instead of comments like "its a better atmosphere in here" and "I going out now this is a boring bit" and "I want to be part of history". How about you support Allison and her family and offer your ticket to them?

I also could not find anything on GBC's googling about the Fifth Amendment that tragic morning. Hasn't that fact been included in the case?

GBC claims that, as his last use of web-browser was to search for taking the 5th (a couple of nights earlier when watching tv - for his mother apparently on that occasion - programme was The Good Wife), his browser opened up automatically to the last page when he next used it - on the morning of the 20th.

Don't most people use their iPhones as their alarms? Wouldn't GBC need his phone overnight to wake up in the morning? Please prosecution ask him that today.

So the case is getting to the business end, and now people are lining up for a seat in the court pre-dawn this morning so they can "be part of history" and "support Allison". Is this some sort of game to these people, are you kidding me, you would rather support Allison by being so damn selfish and taking the seats of family members that are there to ACTUALLY support each other. To all of you people that rush to get there early so they can get a seat, you should be ashamed of yourselves. This is not a spectacle, this is not a show. As if the family are not dealing with enough already, especially at this crucial time.

Some Family members could not get a seat in court on Thursday, they could not get in to the public gallery overflow room, it was only the kind gesture of the media to allow them to go into the media room that allowed them to see proceedings.

FAMILY MEMBERS ARE HAVING TO QUEUE UP FOR TICKETS TO GET SEATS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

How on earth does sitting in a court room, listening to GBC support Allison. Truly we are losing sight of some truths - Allison stayed for whatever reason, in a marriage with a man who she knew had cheated on her on numerous occasions, she stayed for over three years, she must have seen something in him that seemed worthy of her love. No matter what we all "see" as being evidence of his guilt, surely in the last week has been proven by the prosecutors to be either irrelevant or not worthy of mention in court.

We have canonized Allison for the sake of putting a name to our need to demonize someone. I don't think she might have wanted that. In every marriage there are two people, and those people play the relationship out, the scripts are not written in Hollywood, people change, situations change and in most cases good things happen, in a few tragedies occur (as in this case).

I think if anyone needs support in that courtroom it is the parents of both Allison and Gerard, and that is why family members and friends from both sides should be given priority in seating. Whatever the outcome these people are the ones who will and do cope each day with this tragedy.

Our rules on social media...ie..facebook, blogs etc

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Rules Etiquette & Information - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

How on earth does sitting in a court room, listening to GBC support Allison. Truly we are losing sight of some truths - Allison stayed for whatever reason, in a marriage with a man who she knew had cheated on her on numerous occasions, she stayed for over three years, she must have seen something in him that seemed worthy of her love. No matter what we all "see" as being evidence of his guilty, surely in the last week has been proven by the prosecutors to be either irrelevant or not worthy of mention in court.

We have canonized Allison for the sake of putting a name to our need to demonize someone. I don't think she might have wanted that. In every marriage there are two people, and those people play the relationship out, the scripts are not written in Hollywood, people change, situations change and in most cases good things happen, in a few tragedies occur (as in this case).

I think if anyone needs support in that courtroom it is the parents of both Allison and Gerard, and that is why family members and friends from both sides should be given priority in seating. Whatever the outcome these people are the ones who will and do cope each day with this tragedy.

Patterns of Abuse - Domestic & Family Violence

Dynamics of Abuse

The dynamics of domestic and family violence can mean that victims frequently live their lives concealing the fact that they are a victim of such abuse and violence.

Victims can find it difficult to seek-out assistance. The reasons can include:

fear of not being believed,

fear of the offender minimising the incident to police and to others after police attendance,

fear of increased abuse, violence or physical restrictions by the offender,

fear of having being left with no financial security or home,

fear of being alone and isolated,

fear of shame by exposing the family to outside scrutiny,

fear within the victim that causes them to minimise the abuse believing that the abuse is not serious enough to warrant outside assistance, (this belief increases over time and is evident in long term abuse)

the victim believing the perpetrator's promise that “It will never happen again ” (a stereotypical response in the cycle of violence)

http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/commun...violence/about_domestic__and__family_violence

Looking forward to news from the court room today - hoping he will trip over his words and convict himself [emoji41]

Wow ! I couldn't have said it better myself. You've made me cry :blushing:

Could I respectfully suggest that if you do go to court and you recognise one of the relatives in the line trying to get a seat ( as we did ) that you take them under your wing, pull them into line with you (and be prepared to defend yourself why you did it) and make sure they get a seat ! No matter how you look at it, it's not right ( IMO) that the general public are taking seats from the close relatives. Makes me sick !

Just letting you guys know I'm around today & can re-tweet Kate's tweets.

Wow ! I couldn't have said it better myself. You've made me cry :blushing:

Could I respectfully suggest that if you do go to court and you recognise one of the relatives in the line trying to get a seat ( as we did ) that you take them under your wing, pull them into line with you (and be prepared to defend yourself why you did it) and make sure they get a seat ! No matter how you look at it, it's not right ( IMO) that the general public are taking seats from the close relatives. Makes me sick !

Sorry to make you cry. And great suggestion, thank you.

Sorry to make you cry. And great suggestion, thank you.

Don't be sorry - it's been building for a while :blushing:lol

I have a very close extended family ( like I observe the Dickies to be ) I just imagine if that was me they were there to support I would hope people would take care of them as well.

As if they haven't been through enough already. This is not a movie, it's real life.

Patterns of Abuse - Domestic & Family Violence

Dynamics of Abuse

The dynamics of domestic and family violence can mean that victims frequently live their lives concealing the fact that they are a victim of such abuse and violence.

Victims can find it difficult to seek-out assistance. The reasons can include:

fear of not being believed,

fear of the offender minimising the incident to police and to others after police attendance,

fear of increased abuse, violence or physical restrictions by the offender,

fear of having being left with no financial security or home,

fear of being alone and isolated,

fear of shame by exposing the family to outside scrutiny,

fear within the victim that causes them to minimise the abuse believing that the abuse is not serious enough to warrant outside assistance, (this belief increases over time and is evident in long term abuse)

the victim believing the perpetrator's promise that “It will never happen again ” (a stereotypical response in the cycle of violence)

http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/commun...violence/about_domestic__and__family_violence

~I don' think the question of ongoing domestic abuse in the GBC family has ever been posed has it?

My point to be very blunt is, that Allison is dead, we cannot support her, but we can support those who are living and dealing with this murder each and everyday. It occurs to me often that it is easier for us all to empathize with those who are distant. We prefer to donate to children in Africa, rather then those living in our suburb. I think it has something to do with conscience and our need to placate that little, but irritating voice in our hearts, that reminds us of our humanity. Have a good day everybody, I am sure it will be very interesting. Better go now and do what I need to do, before the ten o'clock bell.

~I don' think the question of ongoing domestic abuse in the GBC family has ever been posed has it?

My point to be very blunt is, that Allison is dead, we cannot support her, but we can support those who are living and dealing with this murder each and everyday. It occurs to me often that it is easier for us all to empathize with those

WS is victim friendly. We support all victims even if they're not here to defend themselves.

May 5, 2012

Mrs Baden-Clay's grief-stricken parents, Geoff and Priscilla Dickie, hinted at the underlying discontent in their daughter's life in an interview with a Brisbane newspaper. Mrs Dickie said her daughter wasn't the type to complain.

''She was probably so proud,'' she said. ''She had all the stresses and strains of a 43-year-old mother of three.''

Her best friend, Kerry-Anne Walker, told the newspaper Mrs Baden-Clay ''wouldn't have wanted anybody to think she failed at anything''. ''She wanted that appearance that things were good. She always looked good, whether she felt bad on the inside, she always looked good,'' she said.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/frie...e-done-more-20120504-1y489.html#ixzz364WePUlj

according to msm, Allison moved to reduce the cover on the 17th of April. It could have been still in progress on the 20th, meaning unfinished.

Yes but was it really Allison making that call or was this another female and all part of the alibi plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288