GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, newbie here. Just wanted to say thanks and how happy I was to find you all! I have never been obsessed with a criminal case before. I don't know what's wrong with me. I found myself relying on live tweets via the courier mail but then I discovered a whole wealth of information on here and that other people were obsessed too! I still don't know why this is taking up my days. I have no personal connection at all. But glad to see there are others!

:welcome4:

Yes we are obsessed lol

Hell I wouldn't be surprised if Allisons phone was in Gerard pocket the whole morning of the reported disappearance. It was safe and sound. Gerard could check that Allison's phone had received his texts that would be really positive for him. I can just see him saying 'great that text has come through' what should I say next.....

Then after GBC had called his Dad over he would have given it to NBC. Much later it was disposed somewhere far away probably by NBC.

The thing that gets me is that there is no hint of a use of prepaids. This is common element between people who want to hide things particularly affiars. I can't believe GBC was so brazenly cunning that he wrote all his messages on his iPhone. One slip up to Toni or Allison or the many women and he is revealed.

I once wrote a message to my husband and sent it by accident to my youngest son. I was telling hubby how badly behaved my youngest son was at sport. It was an inane message just relating that I was so angry I could have swung him around by his hair. I ended up getting my older son to delete the conversation on the younger ones phone, cos it was simply me expressing my anger but I didn't want the youngest to read it even tho it was funny and moderately innane. This was harmless in the context of a mistake. The stakes were MUCH higher with GBC and his sexual encounters and dalliances!

How long do you think it will take for the jury to reach a verdict next week?

I personally think it's a slam dunk lay down mezare (?sp) but I have thought he was guilty since I first heard of Allison being missing - mother of three young girls .....
And I never thought lindy chamberlain was guilty

I believe that the time they crossed paths at the gym would have been before Toni and Gerard were back on.

I think this second time around she wasn't going to be satisfied with being the mistress anymore. He was determined in getting him to commit to ending it with Allison. Thus why she would now be confrontational. If Allison was at the conference it would suggest to Toni that she was not his top priority. It would be proved true, in her mind... "see he's put Allison before me again!"

I agree. Both Allison and Toni were laying down the law, he couldn't risk the two worlds colliding because it would cost him money he couldn't afford.

Sorry to be annoying, but what part of the phone did they get the pings from? If it's the sim, that could have been flushed down the toilet and the actual phone destroyed elsewhere. I keep thinking of the signal coming from the house behind.

Can a sim ping? Really? It doesn't have a battery.

Can a sim ping? Really? It doesn't have a battery.

I wasn't sure which part of the phone they were tracking. I'm completely ignorant on this part of info. I'm just trying to make sense of the signal they were getting nearby. Shall look into it more, as I'm very interested to know : )

I wasn't sure which part of the phone they were tracking. I'm completely ignorant on this part of info. I'm just trying to make sense of the signal they were getting nearby. Shall look into it more, as I'm very interested to know : )

My sons bamboozle me with Tech jargon but if I understand correctly, they are telling me that triangulation is done by measuring signal strength from towers and from that, they can measure an approximate distance by the time it takes to transmit a signal. The phone would need to be intact with SIM in place to do it.

Video or voice recordings of fights etc.

Couldn't these have been deleted? Wouldn't there be some sort of record with provider, or are these unique to just the phone handset itself. I am very uneducated in relation to mobile phones. :facepalm:

Couldn't these have been deleted? Wouldn't there be some sort of record with provider, or are these unique to just the phone handset itself. I am very uneducated in relation to mobile phones. :facepalm:

I found a link that states you can retrieve them even if deleted.

I found a link that states you can retrieve them even if deleted.

Yes, the police have the retrieval software. They used it on the phones of GBC etc. It threw up the facetime call that didn't happen. You need the phone to use it. Telcos do keep content of text messages on file for a time (I heard that in local court one day).

Yes, the police have the retrieval software. They used it on the phones of GBC etc. It threw up the facetime call that didn't happen. You need the phone to use it. Telcos do keep content of text messages on file for a time (I heard that in local court one day).

Hence the need for the phone to vanish.

RSBM I agree - and it's appropriate that GBC used the word dastardly, because that's exactly what his actions were, and still are.

Oh yes. His spontaneous use of the word "dastardly" to describe what he was being accused of was interesting. A case of if the shoe fits perhaps, or as some on WS have suggested, many dubious statements/lies do seem to contain just that small element of truth as well ...

My sons bamboozle me with Tech jargon but if I understand correctly, they are telling me that triangulation is done by measuring signal strength from towers and from that, they can measure an approximate distance by the time it takes to transmit a signal. The phone would need to be intact with SIM in place to do it.

Awesome! Thanks for letting me know!

Police conducted a search of the property, with the assistance of a helicopter equipped with a thermal imaging camera. Pretty elaborate furphy ...

Doesn't take a pathologist to work out a body putrefies quicker in warm, moist air than buried in earth or submerged in water.

Thermal imaging cameras will also pick up a person. They were searcing for Allison not just the phone! So no it's not an elaborate furfy at all.

Thermal imaging cameras will also pick up a person. They were searcing for Allison not just the phone! So no it's not an elaborate furfy at all.
But why would they search 61 Boscombe Road with a thermal imaging camera when the phone was never indicated as being in that area, it was just a "furphy" designed to full the defendant?

Are you suggesting Constable Thomson lied in her witness statement?

BIB. Yes, if you are the account holder, or Police, or a Lawyer in a case before the Courts. You can apply for a list of text messages, dates, times and content. You give a start date and an end date.

The initial suspicion looks to be it just seemed strange GBC would take the less accessible car, and that it was backed it. Further suspicion would be:
• the captiva was taken to hide his tracks the night before - i.e. he could have parked it on the edge of the property during the night to avoid waking the children - he then needed to reposition it back to normal first thing.
• why would he take his wife's car if he was expecting her to turn up - urgently needing her car to drive to Taringa? He knew Allison refused to use his car. It shows he was not thinking as if Allison was really missing.

I do not recall any questioning under oath to OBW or NBC about where the captiva was when they arrived that morning - anyone?

The removal and transfer of Allison's body may have taken place towards morning, Gerry may have been concerned with regard to heat in the motor of the Captiva had he not used it for the pretance of looking for Allison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44