GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
All so convenient that GBC doesn't know what CIB is or crime scene but thinks a lawyer would be a good idea.

I'll put my hand up and admit I didn't get what CIB, FBI and taking the fifth means. :facepalm:
If cops of every shape and size swarmed my house with choppers & dogs, horses and canoes I'd still think 'oh, they are helping me find my honey'! Yup answer all the questions.
Am I an air head or just naive. It wouldn't be the first time cops got it wrong.

Not in this case......

How easy would it be:-
Woman found with searches on pedophilia, murder, abduction of little children, implements of world destruction blah blah blah on her iPad. She is screaming for a Marlywings and many others to come and explain and bail her out.
I guess this couldn't happen to any of us, could it?? ((((Shudder))))

He said she was wearing pyjamas last time he saw her.
Well where are they ?

He said she was wearing pyjamas last time he saw her.
Well where are they ?

Both GBC and at least one of the girls mentioned Allison was wearing pyjamas on night of 19thApil.

In court QC Fuller asked GBC where are Allison's chequered pyjamas...to which GBC replied "they're not in the photo"...

We don't know if the pyjamas were in fact missing from the house as there's been no mention of them since.

I'm thinking we may get to hear a lot more once the trial is over.

I agree! Where are the pj's? They must have been in the house somewhere and if they weren't found why wasn't a bigger deal made about this in court??? If she slept there and changed into walking clothes they would have to be there!

There was quite a bit of discussion about the pyjamas a few threads back after GBC's very dodgy reply about them not being in the photo. I thought we might hear more about this next day, but we didn't. Maybe the reason for this is that there is nothing more to say - Allison was wearing pyjamas (GBC confirmed this), they are missing, GBC was unable/unwilling to answer when asked where they were. Enough said. Let's see if it's raised in the prosecution's summing up.

OK, i've been looking for the testimony about the captiva.

On http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...aden-Clay-1st-July-Trial-Day-13-Week-3/page10 the report frm the court says:

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 10s

The court is being shown a picture of front of the house. Gerard is pointing out his daughter's window, overlooks carport roof. #badenclay

Gerard says Allison had reverse parked the Captiva in the carport on April 19. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m
He says he reversed the Captiva into the garage after looking for Allison that morning #badenclay

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 1m
#badenclay says he used Sparky to go looking for his wife on the 20th. when he returned he reversed it into carport. @abcnews

Under cross examination the following day I'm sure he said he/she didnt, but I'm having no luck searching today and had to got through heaps of threads to find the first quotes... If anyone can find them please post. I know I posted at the time that he contradicted himself but i can't even search my own posts since the upgrade.

Oddsocks, I agree with others here..... your amazing portrait should go to the Dickies and the girls. What a great gift you have and what a great gift you would be passing on. A copy can placed at her memorial.
Think about it at least.

Funny how things come about.
My youngest boy is 8, and has exhausted his collection of books. Last night I pulled out my old collection of Famous Five books which I had as a kid, and have introduced them to him. Hopefully he finds them as interesting as I did (I reread them many times as a boy).

And as for "dastardly", I too thought of Wacky Races (and Mutley, my favourite) :)
Spent a bit of time searching for a photo of DD with some face scratches but no luck.

Dick_Dastardly.jpg

"Dastardly" - what a tosser !

I'm getting the impression that many of the womenfolk here (and some men?) believe that Fuller QC puts the "cute" in "prosecute"...:blushing:

Fuller appears Astute too.
May I suggest; a force not to be reckoned with. No pushover.

I just wanted to say, that even though NBC may have suggested a lawyer and to organise the insurance claim etc, it was ultimately GBC who went along with it and did it. He didn't have to. He's responsible for the choices he made. If it wasn't important to him them he could have told his Dad to pull his head in.

Thinking about Fighting Fuller:
From mensfamilylaw.wordpress.com/2010/05/28/how-to-fight-a-liar-in-court/

The question then becomes how to prove your case, if you know you’re dealing with a liar. Fighting a lie, is like shadow boxing, for so often it comes down to: he said, she said. Generally the best way to get rid of the shadow is to turn on all the lights and face them to your accuser and make them fight a battle that they don’t want.

That's how I feel too. We have seen no evidence or suggestion of even the remotest possibility that anyone else was involved either during or immediately after.

But something happened at the roundabout i am sure, and police wanted some hard evidence of proof of it. They might not have got anything meaningful enough to put up in court, but the attempts they made to publicise the need for anyone to come forward indicate to me there was something. I know it was a rumour, but there was a woman who had said she saw NBC at the bus shelter. Whether this was true or not I don't know, but I also considered the roundabout thing might have been to do with more than one vehicle being driven in tandem through the roundabout, or stopping in the carparks on the roundabout in front of the real estate office strip there, to meet up and then go on to Kholo.

I have always felt that NBC helped out after the fact in some way. Could have been in helping dispose of the body, to lift it down under the bridge, or could have been to return there to fix things up or reposition the body, or maybe he walked to the roundabout and was picked up by Gerred and taken back to the house to mind kids while Gerred went to Kholo.

The jury was shown a photo of the interior of the Holden Captiva.

He said there may have been botanical evidence taken from the car.

Sen-Sgt Taylor said a vacuum device was used to search for scientific evidence in the car.

http://m.news.com.au/QLD/pg/2/fi11757133.htm

More suss with the "route" she took out past the rest home with little or no footpaths.

Also as you said I lived very close to her and walked alot and never saw her.

However Alison's own daughters when interviewed on the afternoon that GBC reported her missing stated she went for walks in the morning

Originally Posted by FromGermany

A WITNESS has told police of seeing two four-wheel-drives near Kholo Creek crossing early on the day Allison Baden-Clay was reported missing.

It is alleged a white four-wheel-drive didn't have its headlights on, only parking lights, and was closely tailing a smaller, blue four-wheel-drive at about 4am on April 20.

The witness told of noticing the vehicles at Anstead in Brisbane's west - within 2km of where the 43-year-old mother of three's body was found 10 days later. Police said Mrs Baden-Clay was reported missing by her husband Gerard at 7.30am Friday after she failed to return from her usual morning walk.
"Point, and I can do the rest" ----------->(couriermail)

Yes, my point exactly, there was another person involved, either NBC or TM.

But something happened at the roundabout i am sure, and police wanted some hard evidence of proof of it. They might not have got anything meaningful enough to put up in court, but the attempts they made to publicise the need for anyone to come forward indicate to me there was something. I know it was a rumour, but there was a woman who had said she saw NBC at the bus shelter. Whether this was true or not I don't know, but I also considered the roundabout thing might have been to do with more than one vehicle being driven in tandem through the roundabout, or stopping in the carparks on the roundabout in front of the real estate office strip there, to meet up and then go on to Kholo.

I have always felt that NBC helped out after the fact in some way. Could have been in helping dispose of the body, to lift it down under the bridge, or could have been to return there to fix things up or reposition the body, or maybe he walked to the roundabout and was picked up by Gerred and taken back to the house to mind kids while Gerred went to Kholo.

Re the bolded. That was reported to us by one of our other Verified Insiders who had been told NBC was sighted at the bus stop.

Again this is one of the key aspects that bothers me. Despite extensive inquiries and examining the CCTV cameras at the roundabout no one has reported seeing GBC that night either going through the round-a-bout or at Kholo bridge.

OK, i've been looking for the testimony about the captiva.

On http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...aden-Clay-1st-July-Trial-Day-13-Week-3/page10 the report frm the court says:

Kate Kyriacou @KateKyriacou · 10s

The court is being shown a picture of front of the house. Gerard is pointing out his daughter's window, overlooks carport roof. #badenclay

Gerard says Allison had reverse parked the Captiva in the carport on April 19. #badenclay

David Murray ‏@TheMurrayD 1m
He says he reversed the Captiva into the garage after looking for Allison that morning #badenclay

Francene Norton ‏@francenenorton 1m
#badenclay says he used Sparky to go looking for his wife on the 20th. when he returned he reversed it into carport. @abcnews

Under cross examination the following day I'm sure he said he/she didnt, but I'm having no luck searching today and had to got through heaps of threads to find the first quotes... If anyone can find them please post. I know I posted at the time that he contradicted himself but i can't even search my own posts since the upgrade.

Day 14

He further agreed the Captiva had been parked nose-in to the car port.

He said the car was not reversed into the car port when he got up that day.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1226974352079

NBC said it was reversed in when he got there

Mr Baden-Clay said both the cars were in the driveway when he arrived at his son’s home, the Captiva in the carport with the bonnet facing out towards the road

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1226951597398

NBC would have had to go through that roundabout to get to GBC;s wouldn't he? And OBW? It would be interesting to see what times their cars came through as I doubt they'd go through the roundabout to get to Anstead.

However Alison's own daughters when interviewed on the afternoon that GBC reported her missing stated she went for walks in the morning

Yes, but there was the feeling they were 'coached'. They also said things like Mummy or Daddy didn't argue, and any disagreement only lasted a few seconds. This was similarly spoken of by GBC. Apparently there were debriefing sessions at the Nigelaine home, there could have been many things that were reinforced as true, which the girls might not have experienced, but came to believe because the information was given to them by people they loved and trusted. Remember that in questioning one of the girls was asked about a particular statement she made, asked "how did you know that", and she responded it was because Daddy told her. Perhaps Allison did sometimes go for walks but maybe it wasn't as common or regular as has been made out.

His answer to the PJ's question was quite subtle um how can I say, quite "off"?
"The PJ's were not in the picture!"

Uh, yes, that is true, they are um, ....missing.
Did he just notice this (gulp!)? Is that no pyjamas, or no evidence, or does no pyjamas mean evidence of some sort?
Why weren't questions regards the actual whereabouts of the pyjamas addressed at trial. The residence was a crime scene and would have been searched. Surely is would have been a simple question to ask the police who searched the BC house?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304