GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep. Daddy took care of the insurance papers, Daddy also took care of the Lawyers what else did Daddy help with?

"He asked me to take care of the paperwork and he would duly sign it," Baden-Clay Sr said.

He said he filled in a claim for his son, who signed the forms which were sent to the insurance company.

I immediately telephoned my son and said it's probably time that you had a lawyer, would you like me to organise that for you?

"He said 'yes please'."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ther-helped-accused-file-life-insurance-claim

Better get a lawyer son, better get a real good one. As sung by The Cruel Sea.

Is it Anti-Bullying? A resilience program? Didn't Allison run some kids' workshops?
I think that's what it is too - no Anti Bulling to be seen on the web - but I didnt know Allison ran workshops for kids - so that explains the income.
OK - back to the numbers :)
:tyou: to all the posters above who answered that question for me. Cheers!!

IMO
Fuller showed the bedroom photo's and asked GBC about the pj's.

Is Fuller implying Allison had them on when she was murdered and was changed into her walking gear by someone else. In which case the Pj's should be in the house and GBC being so up on his wife's wardrobe would know where they were. He deflected that question saying "they are not in the photo." and offered no alternative to the jury of which I am aware.

Even if they were in the house had been washed and folded GBC said when asked by Fuller no he had not cleaned.

GBC objected when Fuller suggested that the jumper was pulled over Allison's head when she was fighting him off.........................
Then he asked the direct question "Or did that happen LATER as you moved her body?

The pj's have nothing to do with money, Toni, stranger or suicide
They IMO have either
* vanished
* were not worn at all
* or had been washed as part of the clean up
It seems to me the pj's are important where ever they are.

If she was wearing her pj's when she died, if she was suffocated, she would have urinated her pj's. Perhaps that is the reason why they have been done away with like the phone. They obviously weren't there when the house was made a crime scene. If they were, they would have been put into evidence of either being there, and clean, or being there and soiled. My guess is that the pj's and phone are in the same place.

Just watched an episode of "New Tricks" the guy was kidnapping women and keeping them isolated by brain washing them and making totally dependent upon him, he told them he was a spy etc. When he was being interviewed everything was someone else's fault - he reminded me so much of GBC, I couldn't believe it.

Hi, I watched this show too and immediately thought of GBC - I said to my brother 'This guy is a Narcissist', which he appeared to be. Great minds think alike Sprats. Lol

Hiya fellow Sleuths!!!! It's taken me 5 days to catch up (we're away and busy with family- worst timing ever right??? Lol...
Not a lot to add that hasn't already been said...
The handing the paper to go to the jury??? Wtf was that??? Where was that going??? Will we ever find out??!!! Argh!!!!
Secondly- the pyjamas!!!! Where the hell are the pyjamas??????? Surely what happened on the stand with the "I can't see the pyjamas in the photo" thing needs to be addressed???? Why did Fuller not ask him- well where are they??!!!!!!!
Still feeling relatively positive, I think.... Lots of us will need therapy if he gets off though I think!!!! Sign me up for the "after" meeting please, I would love to meet you all, after over 2 years being here chatting :)
Roll on Monday!!!!

Hiya fellow Sleuths!!!! It's taken me 5 days to catch up (we're away and busy with family- worst timing ever right??? Lol...
Not a lot to add that hasn't already been said...
The handing the paper to go to the jury??? Wtf was that??? Where was that going??? Will we ever find out??!!! Argh!!!!
Secondly- the pyjamas!!!! Where the hell are the pyjamas??????? Surely what happened on the stand with the "I can't see the pyjamas in the photo" thing needs to be addressed???? Why did Fuller not ask him- well where are they??!!!!!!!
Still feeling relatively positive, I think.... Lots of us will need therapy if he gets off though I think!!!! Sign me up for the "after" meeting please, I would love to meet you all, after over 2 years being here chatting :)
Roll on Monday!!!!

there will be a meetup/debrief lol

Sorry to interrupt discussions. About halfway, having issues, but they are fixable I think. Goodnight :)

OMG you are so talented. She is a beautiful woman and you really got that on paper ;)

Those lies are his truth. 'Tell a lie often enough and it becomes your truth'. It's what he believes but isn't the reality.

Totally agree with you jens.

Why weren't questions regards the actual whereabouts of the pyjamas addressed at trial. The residence was a crime scene and would have been searched. Surely is would have been a simple question to ask the police who searched the BC house?

Maybe, Allison's pyjamas have disappeared, maybe no pj's in laundry basket and the only other pj's are clean in her dresser, so where are the pj's GBC and the girls said she was wearing? If they are missing, GBC is in :jail: for a long time. If this is the case, PT will bring this into the closing address. GBC will be going :gaah: JMO

Allison Baden-Clay had three jobs at the time of her death, plus a plan a friend described as 'her dream'.

The 43-year-old was working at her husband's Century 21 real estate business at Taringa in western Brisbane, as well as holding parties to sell health food and hair products for an outfit called New Ways and conducting a youth resilience program at her children's Brookfield State Primary School.

Then there was the ballet school she ran in the school hall after classes.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...es-muddy-river-bank-dumped.html#ixzz36aywHcCn

And yet she was supposedly 'manifesting' behaviours of lying around on the couch during the day for hours on end. When on earth did she manage to fit that in?

Well Im :eek:fftobed:
Roll on Monday!!
Oh.. Its is Monday..
:seeya:

This interview was the afternoon of Alison's disappearance. It seems to confirm Alison went for walks and took her phone with her

Mr Baden-Clay said he received a phone call from Ms Walton at 10am who asked him to pick up one of the Baden-Clay girls from school because she was feeling a bit anxious.

I don't know where this daughter spent the day as she was picked up 1 hour after starting school, so she could have been gently told what to say. Hard to know really. :dunno:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/day-3-gerard-badenclay-on-trial-accused-of-murdering-wife-allison/story-fnihsrf2-1226951597398

"Dad" told a lot of things....

June 23, 2012

To some, officers say, he said Allison liked to take a walk early in the morning. To his sister, Olivia Walton, he allegedly described a particular route. He told a close friend of Allison's that she would walk at 10pm each night and he described to Allison's parents two different walking routes.

But when police asked, they said he told them he had no idea where she would have gone walking.

http://www.news.com.au/national/ger...d-in-court-claim/story-e6frfkvr-1226406037780

<bbm>

The first I heard of Allison's disappearance was accompanied by the story about the 10pm walk. I can't remember for certain what publication it was in but probably either The Australian or Melbourne's Herald Sun.

I remember it like yesterday: I was so utterly appalled at the idea of a guy blithely describing the scenario of his wife heading out unaccompanied at 10pm, I headed into Mr.F's study saying can you believe this, a Brisbane woman has gone missing after she headed out for a walk at 10pm and her husband says that's the last he saw of her. I mean, what sort of a bloke would be okay with that?

As we now know, that story was a complete fabrication, but it just demonstrates how much misinformation was flying around right from the outset. I don't want to criticise the PT, I think they've done a great job, but I could wish they'd made more of GBCs multitude of inconsistencies. Although having said that, I still think he'll be found guilty, so hopefully it doesn't matter.

Just putting up a link, sort of a refresher really, just to show how deluded someone really is. Also what a liar someone really is. Article is from 27/4/2012, published just 3 days before Allison's body was found.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...built-on-honesty/story-e6freoof-1226340594889

If only it had been true. Allison would still be alive with a loving husband, and three little girls would still be growing up in a happy family.

But the happy family was just an illusion, wasn't it ... the reality was that he destroyed the love and trust of his wife and little girls to feed his own ego.

I grew up with a narcissist, an older brother, and did my psych thesis on narcissism. They are vile people. Rearrange vile and you get evil.

I'm sure I'm not saying anything new but...

I get that being a cheater or a liar doesn't make a person a killer. But I feel like if you have someone who has a history of (and even admits to it) lying, how can you trust him when he says he's innocent? How can you believe a word that comes out of his mouth?

I ripped a co"worker" ("" because "work" is a very generous and inaccurate description of what he does) a new one about this not too long ago. The situation was that the first time he met me, when he was interviewing for grad school and I was nothing more than a random student at a social to meet interviewees and enjoy free coffee, he lied to me about his degree. When I found out in the course of web-snooping on interviewees, I thought that was kind of weird, but I was also willing to believe that maybe I'd misheard or misremembered what he said. Then the second time we met, at the first lab meeting I went to as a new student in my current lab, he stated that he had just finished running a study on rotation in the lab. I found out within a couple hours that in fact he never showed up ONCE for his rotation and our manager ended up running the study. Since then there have been many more lies, including "we submitted the manuscript" (statement made almost 2 years ago but paper not yet actually submitted), "I started my study at the same time every day" (directly contradicted by computerized time stamps), and so on. Easily verified or refuted little lies that he has directly told me and others. He couldnt understand why I didn't take his word for it when he said he took care of the equipment the way he was supposed to, because "you and [manager] have had unexpected problems with these computers so why are those problems not your fault but when it happens to me you blame me?!" I had to explain that it is because when the lab manager tells me she did everything correctly but the computer "randomly" shut down or froze, I believe her because I have no reason not to. But when you tell me lie after lie, many of them about things that "don't matter" and almost all of them about things that are easily found out, I can't just take your word at face value. it isn't being petty; it isn't jumping to conclusions. It is what people do when you teach them that you're a pathological liar.

I don't think the girls realised that they were told what to say that first day. It would have been everyday chit chat by whomever was looking after them. "Mum's gone for a walk and she's not home yet. Mum goes for walks a lot in the morning but she's always home by the time you're up." "I don't know why mummy won't answer her phone, she always takes her phone with her when she walks". It would be as easy as that in the beginning because they're being given info by someone they trust, but they don't realise they're being fed info. Therefore as far as they know they weren't told what to say.

I'm staying at my mum's for a few days. I drove past the BC house. They'redoing landscaping works at the moment, the whole front is dirt. I wonder if they had to wait until after the jury visit to start it. I'm only half the distance from the house than Kholo Creek and that seemed like a very long way. Hopefully Allison will be able to rest in peace very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie