General discussion #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
NCBanker said:
I contacted a senior anchor with WRAL News a couple of weeks ago, which I believed helped in prompting them to do their coverage last week on the 11:00pm news.

I believe the more folks that contact the news people, the better.
I agree, if we can't bombard LE with emails, let's bombard the media with them!

NCBanker said:
I contacted a senior anchor with WRAL News a couple of weeks ago, which I believed helped in prompting them to do their coverage last week on the 11:00pm news.

I believe the more folks that contact the news people, the better.

When I was in my *mood* the other day and throwing attitude all over the board, I posted all the email addresses for those reporters who have reported on this case.

tiffany said:
How about emailing durham police?

We've established a very positive contact with LE ... I don't want to do anything to make them think we are a bunch of loons over here. Right now, we have a detective who is actually willing to take tips from us.

Let's not blow it!

tiffany said:
How about emailing durham police?
...........from a couple of the earlier media stories:

Anyone with information about Abaroa's murder should call the Durham Police Department at (919) 560-4440.

Anyone with relevant information to the investigation is asked to call CrimeStoppers at 683-1200.

NCBanker said:
This is complete speculation, relative to why no one is talking from the soccer community. Again - complete speculation. MOST of the people I know who are avid soccer players are from Latin America. MOST of those people are here in the US illegally. If there were any players associated with Raven who have no Visas or work permits to be here, they may be laying low to avoid being deported. Again - this is pure speculation.

This isn't entirely true, NCBanker, it may once have been, but not any longer. My daughter is an avid soccer player, she evens plays club/premier soccer much like Raven did in his youth. There are literally hundreds of soccer clubs to choose from in my area alone, very few of which are latin clubs though there are some. Soccer is huge now, the community is growing and it just isn't what it used to be here in U.S.

who is LE? not to sound stupid...!

This is my suggestion from earlier today on how to pass along tips to our detective:

golfmom said:
Just a suggestion, so we don't inundate the detective with emails, I think it would be a good idea if we worked out a system to consolidate information that we feel he needs.

My thoughts were ...

1. That our regular websleuthers could by consensus decide what material to send along. Just bounce it off those that you usually bounce things off of and we'll use each other as a check and balance to make sure that the material we send along is meaningful.

2. Those who have a personal connection to the case, should contact Detective Bradley directly if they have anything.

3. Those who are new here and do not have a direct connection to the case but feel they have information that needs to be passed to LE, please seek out the guidance of some of our more seasoned posters. I'm sure any of us will be happy to help.

Let me know what ya'll think!

golfmom said:
We've established a very positive contact with LE ... I don't want to do anything to make them think we are a bunch of loons over here. Right now, we have a detective who is actually willing to take tips from us.

Let's not blow it!
..............ohhhhhhhhhh...i didn't realize you were in touch with a detective...excellent....!

...in which case, i agree, let's not have all posters calling...

...has the detective been able to tell you if/when they might be releasing an update on the case ?

Well you need to remember that you are in Massachusetts, not NC. Our population of Hispanics is exponentially larger than up north.

LvsAMystry said:
This isn't entirely true, NCBanker, it may once have been, but not any longer. My daughter is an avid soccer player, she evens plays club/premier soccer much like Raven did in his youth. There are literally hundreds of soccer clubs to choose from in my area alone, very few of which are latin clubs though there are some. Soccer is huge now, the community is growing and it just isn't what it used to be here in U.S.

lauriej said:

...has the detective been able to tell you if/when they might be releasing an update on the case ?

No, but I didn't think it would be polite to ask! Honestly, even if I had I'm sure he would have told me ....

blah blah blah ... can't release any info at this time .... blah blah blah

So I decided to take the high road and not look foolish.

LvsAMystry said:
If you can get the the cached version of ncsoccer.org, you will see that the majority of their soccer leagues are hispanic. And from looking on one of their websites, there were very, very few anglo faces in their bunch (and I was looking hard for Raven).

Sorry but I am just really getting impatient. Janet was such a wonderful girl. Its unfair to her and her memory to have her just forgotten...I just want everything to just come out in the open about all of it. Its just a mess right now.

NCBanker said:
Well you need to remember that you are in Massachusetts, not NC. Our population of Hispanics is exponentially larger than up north.

Okay, it may be different there to some extent, but there is likely still a huge non-hispanic soccer community as well. I guess we just don't know which he belonged to.

tiffany said:
Sorry but I am just really getting impatient. Janet was such a wonderful girl. Its unfair to her and her memory to have her just forgotten...I just want everything to just come out in the open about all of it. Its just a mess right now.

Tiffany, I don't mean to pry and if you don't feel comfortable answering of course I'll understand ... but do you know the abaroa family in Utah?

tiffany said:
I'm with you girl!

Can you get out of your source any additional information about the conversation she (I assume it was a she) had with Raven the night of the murder?

My information was not from the person Raven talked to that night. I heard it from another person. I must go but I will be back on later tonight.

golfmom said:
I think Raven did chase around get-rich-quick ideas and kept sinking further and further into debt. When he refers to his bad decisions, I mean come on, is that the understatement of the century or what? He doesn't just make mistakes, he makes the same mistake again and again and then acts surprised when things turn out the same. I wonder how much he sank into scams, this just seems like a guy who wouldn't recognize a pyramid if it bit him his well-manicured butt.
YES!! He did... in reference to your post (the part I bolded), I found more information yesterday about some site he was visiting called richdad.com or something like that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member