General Discussion #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
LAWYER CLAIMS POLICE USED SCOTT STEBIC'S ARREST TO PUT PRESSURE ON HIS BROTHER

The arrest of Craig Stebic's brother last week was more than a routine warrant collar -- it was a police tactic to squeeze his client, Stebic's lawyer said Wednesday.

Scott Stebic, 44, who had been living with his brother for several weeks, was apprehended at Stebic's house Sept. 20 on four warrants from Lake County and Highland Park.

"I think that (Scott Stebic's arrest) definitely was an attempt for them to continue to put pressure on Craig," said Stebic's attorney Dion Davi. "It's evident that the Plainfield police are at a point of desperation, given their arrest of Scott and the current (police department) administrative shakeup that occurred."

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/576254,4_1_JO27_PCOPS_S1.article

LOL Gee...it couldn't be because his brother was actually GUILTY of the charges or anything...and the reason he had arrest warrants out for him?!

I wonder where we are on the Grand Jury being convened?! They were supposed to decide this last week! GRRR!

LOL Gee...it couldn't be because his brother was actually GUILTY of the charges or anything...and the reason he had arrest warrants out for him?!

No kidding, a little dui, a few measly bad checks. Petty stuff.... :rolleyes:

SS, I think the brother was mentioned early on in the case. I believe the sister in law in Michigan that was interviewed is his wife. I seem to recall him also being mentioned as hunting with Craig and their father so I think he lives in Michigan but has visited Craig since Lisa's disappearance.

Nope, the brother lives in Vernon Hills, IL. Found him on one of those people search sites.

Ok....so Why No Grand Flipping Jury Yet?!?!?!?! What Is The Hold Up?!?!?!?! Grrrrr!!!

Nothing happening here, huh? I wonder why.........

Salem

I posted this in the media links also:

Family of Missing Illinois Woman Lisa Stebic Say Her Husband Cut Communication to Family

PLAINFIELD, Ill. — Family members of Lisa Stebic say her estranged husband, who has been named by police as a person of interest in her disappearance six months ago, has cut off all communication between his children and his wife's sisters.

and

Stebic had barred his wife's parents from the couple's Plainfield home and had not allowed his wife or their children, ages 11 and 12, to speak to them for the last two years, Greenberg said Monday. She did not explain why.

~much more at link~

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,306191,00.html

Lisa Stebic's estranged husband, described by police as a person of interest in her disappearance six months ago, has cut off all communication between his children and his wife's sisters, family members said Monday.

The family has long feared Craig Stebic would sever those relationships, said Melanie Greenberg, Lisa Stebic's cousin. He had barred her parents from the couple's Plainfield home and had not allowed his wife or their children, ages 11 and 12, to speak to them for the last two years, she said.

When they attended parties for extended family members, the children were not permitted to speak to their grandparents, who often were standing in the same room, Greenberg said. She could not explain why.

Lisa Stebic's sisters, Debbie Ruttenberg and Jamie Bouma, last saw the children alone about five weeks ago, after a fundraiser in Joliet. The women told the children how much their mother loved them and how she would never intentionally leave them. Greenberg said the children tried to change the subject.

"After that, Craig turned off the ringer to his phone and wasn't accepting messages," Greenberg said. "The sisters do not have the children's cell phone numbers. There is no way for us to contact them directly."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-stebic_30oct30,0,1715247.story?coll=chi_tab01_layout

What a ! It isn't bad enough the children have lost their mother, but now the people who love them and adore them are ripped away, too! This shows how vindictive Craig is and is an excellent example of how he does NOT have the best interests of his children at heart. Lisa's children need an advocate.

I don't know the laws there regarding grandparents, but in many states...the grandparents can file for visitation rights to see the children. If I were them...it is exactly what I would do! I would also ask the Judge to give the children a Guardian Ad litem to legally represent what is in their best interest.

What IS the hold up on the GJ?! I simply do NOT understand!

Serously Searching,

Those are EXCELLENT suggestions! I feel your frustration with this case. He is doing emotional harm to those children, at a time when they need empathy and compassion.

And Craig is about as intelligent as believing hiding and sheltering THEIR kids is somehowe helping. \

My mom is missing, my dad refuses to talk about it. We, my brother/sister and I have not been allowed to see our grandparents, we are now not allowed to see out Aunties....the only remainding family we know on our moms side.

Dad, do you really believe not being allowed to talk about this helps? Dad, do you think we are so niave, that we aren't understanding what we were NOT allowed to talk about 2 years before our mother went missing.

Dad, do you realize, you might be winning the battle, now, but once I/we are 18..... we can make our own decisions and talk, to whomever we choose, and dad....... Why did you waste the years you could have done something, shown some compassion to the woman who bore us.... our mother? Why do you hate moms family so much? Why won't you let us talk to them?

Dad, the day will come we will see the truth..... until then, enjoy your snowball, you are NOT fooling anyone!

Tick tick tick Craig....... If you were so slick, Jack, why not cooperate.

Tick tick tick................tock.

Oh yes, Craig, VERY smart to identify with Drew Peterson!! What, are you two following the same script??

What idiots, both of them....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member