General Discussion and Theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
SNIP: Apparently Millard has tweeted about using heroin. Already discussed here.

I don't believe this is true. AM (a friend of DM) sent a tweet that quoted DM talking about either doing heroin or sleeping, but it's very likely that it was meant as a joke.

Is anyone a member of the steam gaming site? I have not seen too much posted about it other than the eye picture (but might be looking at the wrong threads). You can see who is online, when, what games that are playing, hours logged, their friends, etc. as just public info. I am wondering if members have a message system other than the comments that are shown. OR if possibly there is "in game" chat like on Minecraft. The reason this interests me is because a few profiles have been very active. In one instance, the "online now" button was lit up for apps 12 hours, yet no game time logged. Seems the server COULD be set up like gmail, where it shows if you are online at all.... Or it could be set up like Facebook where the online now button shows up only when you are logged into Facebook. If like FB, wonder what is happening for hours there with no game time??

Make sense? All my opinions, of course, mostly just asking :)

Tb truck frequently crossed the border.. They have a condo in fl paid for til 2014

Are you trying to say that TB and his family had a condo paid for in Florida until 2014? If so, that probably means a time-share that they used maybe once a year. (do you have a source to link for that info??) Also annual access to a time-share could have been shared by extended family members, which would mean that TB went to FL once every other year or so. That is not crossing the border "frequently".

Is anyone a member of the steam gaming site? I have not seen too much posted about it other than the eye picture (but might be looking at the wrong threads). You can see who is online, when, what games that are playing, hours logged, their friends, etc. as just public info. I am wondering if members have a message system other than the comments that are shown. OR if possibly there is "in game" chat like on Minecraft. The reason this interests me is because a few profiles have been very active. In one instance, the "online now" button was lit up for apps 12 hours, yet no game time logged. Seems the server COULD be set up like gmail, where it shows if you are online at all.... Or it could be set up like Facebook where the online now button shows up only when you are logged into Facebook. If like FB, wonder what is happening for hours there with no game time??

I think u might be onto something as far as it being a way that "they" can communicate with each other. Same with any of the Xbox live games where they can chat online - verbally.

I think u might be onto something as far as it being a way that "they" can communicate with each other. Same with any of the Xbox live games where they can chat online - verbally.

Good point, gardenia! I had forgotten about that!

This is all very interesting...I just asked my son how the xbox chatting works, as he plays frequently. A user can create a "party" and invite any other online users they want to join. Whatever they talk about back and forth in this "party" can only be heard by the other members. I'm not into the whole gaming thing, so can't really research this any further than my son, lol. He has not heard of steam, but I would guess it is set up much the same way.

My son plays Minecraft, I can ask him how this works.

I actually play with my young daughter, and while you can't message someone directly, there is a running stream of HTML/slash command messages , for example her little guy friend will call on the phone and say meet me at the sky server, then she can sign on and communicate directly with everyone on that server using a (complex for me) command. It all flies by and I don't see how someone could read it and play at the same time, but she can! I also would think that this kind of communication would be very hard to trace.

Definitely makes sense. People used to use IRC (Internet Relay Chat) and MUD (Multi User Dungeons) in the past for similar purposes that you are alluding to here. Of course most discourse on these servers (whether set up for games or for just text chatting) is logged just in case there ever is a dispute or a legal issue. Heck, even on Xbox Live your in game voice chatting is logged somewhere in the off chance that someone complains about you.

Definitely makes sense. People used to use IRC (Internet Relay Chat) and MUD (Multi User Dungeons) in the past for similar purposes that you are alluding to here. Of course most discourse on these servers (whether set up for games or for just text chatting) is logged just in case there ever is a dispute or a legal issue. Heck, even on Xbox Live your in game voice chatting is logged somewhere in the off chance that someone complains about you.

This is great to know! Thank you!

I actually play with my young daughter, and while you can't message someone directly, there is a running stream of HTML/slash command messages , for example her little guy friend will call on the phone and say meet me at the sky server, then she can sign on and communicate directly with everyone on that server using a (complex for me) command. It all flies by and I don't see how someone could read it and play at the same time, but she can! I also would think that this kind of communication would be very hard to trace.

<---uses Skype IM to tell his friends these things and in Game text lines. We don't let him use the video option...and his Dad (an IT guy) checks his logs daily.

That could be why they chose to use a gaming site such as steam? Not monitored in the same way as Microsoft(with xbox) would want to?

Highway 401 West bound closed at Cambridge for police investigation.

http://www.therecord.com/news/local/article/940879--hwy-401-westbound-closed-near-cambridge

You know it's serious when...

The location (between Hespler and Frankin) sounds more to me like a traffic accident. In fact, that same area had a five car accident on May 16 of this year.

I know what you're thinking though... there's a stretch of the 401 that comes very close to the Roseville farm area...

I think so. I do not have a Steam profile but my teenage son does. If I have to turn on his computer for something, he has Steam set to open and auto log on. I assume he would show as online but no games are being played.

The location (between Hespler and Frankin) sounds more to me like a traffic accident. In fact, that same area had a five car accident on May 16 of this year.

I know what you're thinking though... there's a stretch of the 401 that comes very close to the Roseville farm area...

unrelated....
http://www.570news.com/2013/05/28/opp-investigate-sudden-death-in-cambridge/

The Westbound 401 at Townline Road in Cambridge was closed for several hours Tuesday afternoon for a sudden death investigation.

Cambridge OPP Constable Lisa MacIntyre tells 570 News one man, a pedestrian, was struck and killed on the highway just east of Franklin Boulevard.

He was pronounced dead at the scene and his name has not been released.

Westbound lanes on the 401 re-opened just before 7pm.

I think so. I do not have a Steam profile but my teenage son does. If I have to turn on his computer for something, he has Steam set to open and auto log on. I assume he would show as online but no games are being played.

Thanks, that makes sense as long as you leave the original page open and then open a new tab. ( I do this for email so I get alerts if I am on another page).

AND. Wow. Just took a peek and personal names have been removed... In the last hour. Wonder what's going on with that?
ETA: maybe just my computer acting up... All seems back to as it was earlier.

I heard today that A guy jumped off the overpass at Franklin into rush hour traffic.. they said it was Tuesday when it happened It was on 91.5 the beat radio this morning. I guess MSM must have been told not to publish it in the paper.... hmmmmmm Interesting

So if I understand correctly, the accident occurred Tuesday and the highway was closed today for an investigation? That is interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74