General Questions, discussions, briefings, newbies, etc.

Discussion in 'Unidentified "How To" & Reference Forum' started by Kimster, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Giucy

Giucy Former Member

More a lurker than a contributor.

I am so confused alone that I'd like to be mentored in sleuthing. Guidance would be beneficial.

Thank you

2. Bohemian

Bohemian Well-Known Member

Despite searching, I can’t find records for all of the unidentified males that have been recovered in the San Joaquin Valley, near Fresno CA.

I’ve been using NCMEC’s National Unidentified Remains Cases
    Map and this ‘cluster’ of unidentified males aged between 14 to 25 years, caught my eye:

[​IMG]
    Source:http://ncmec.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=504833a14fcb42198d67a2c53fcbc96e

Of the eight cases on the map, only one has details entered into NCMEC, ie:

John ‘Kingsburg’ Doe 1986:

Date Found: 08/20/1986
    Race: Hispanic
    Estimated Age: 15-16 years
    NCMEC #: 1184577
    Link: http://www.missingkids.org/poster/NCMC/1184577
    NamUs UP#: Not entered

and only one has details entered into NamUS, ie:

John ‘Corcoran’ Doe 1981:

Date Found: 01/05/1981
    Estimated Age: 17-21 years
    NCMEC #: 1184141
    NamUs UP#: 1013
    Link: https://identifyus.org/en/cases/full_report/1013

The other decedents are not entered into NamUs or listed on The Doe Network, and have no records available from NCMEC despite appearing on the map, ie:

John Doe 1978:

Date Found: 06/27/1978
    Race: Unknown
    Estimated Age: 16-20 years
    NCMEC #: 1184551

John ‘Fresno City’ Doe 1980:

Date Found: 05/28/1980
    Estimated Age: 17-25 years
    NCMEC #: 1184599

John ‘Fresno’ Doe 1971:

Date Found: 07/05/1991
    Race: White
    Estimated Age: 16-21 years
    NCMEC #: 1184559

John ‘Carruthers’ Doe 1985:

Date Found: 08/28/1985
    Race: Unknown
    Estimated Age: 16-20 years
    NCMEC #: 1184550

John ‘Tulare’ Doe 1985:

Date Found: 09/02/1985
    Race: White
    NCMEC #: 1184489

John ‘Sanger’ Doe:

Date Found: 09/15/1987
    Estimated Age: 15-20 years
    NCMEC #: 1184508

Does anyone know where I can access their case reports online?

TIA.

3. Nocturnal 911

Nocturnal 911 Member

Hello-- Unidentified persons threads are SO not my forte. Can anyone recommend the best place to post this link? Somewhat local, so it came up in my news feed today. I know that some of you are absolute rock stars with recalling specific missing person's cases (by state, etc) and I'm just hoping to get these pics under THOSE eyeballs. Thanks!! :0)
    https://www.facebook.com/PAStatePolice/posts/1962288357369785

NON Facebook link----------
    http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/news/index.ssf/2018/02/do_you_know_this_woman_her_rem.html

4. popsicle

popsicle faith hope love

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...18-40-in-Ridley-Creek-State-Park-Jan-16/page4

5. Ubee0173

Ubee0173 Active Member

I have been looking in to how to do facial reconstructions and stuff but there is so much info on the process itself and so little "how to" information. I'm an artist with a biology background, and I start visually reconstructing halloween decorations when I see them (only half joking there).
    Forensic reconstructions have fascinated me since I can remember, and given my interests and skills I think I might be okay at it... I just don't know where to start. And the closest community college is an hour drive and last I checked they don't offer any classes on it anyway so that's definitely a hindrance, since that seems like the most logical starting point. I thought about asking law enforcement, but my town is so remote that we don't have weekend cops! I might walk down there and see if the police chief would know, but I don't want to bug the only 2 cops on duty with weird questions, lol.

But anyhow, if anybody can possibly point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. I'm 36 and finally figured out what I wanna be when I grow up... and I have no clue where to start.

6. sunnynz

sunnynz Well-Known Member

Help on the new Namus site please - is it just me or is there no detail on DNA, fingerprints and dentals? I can't see it in the new layout. Thanks

7. EffyElsewhere

EffyElsewhere Active Member

Not quite sure where the best place to ask, but I recently stumbled across a Jane Doe in my state that is listed in the findagrave site, however she is not listed in NamUs. I've searched newspaper archives in hopes of finding a report of some sort to no avail. Where/who'm would be the best place to contact to see if I can dig up some information? The funeral home associated with the cemetery? I'd appreciate any insight.

sunnynz likes this.
  8. Mrs. Badcrumble

Mrs. Badcrumble The North remembers

I was trying to create a new thread, but the prefix part will not let me enter a country that's not already in the prefix list! H A L P

9. insearchoflight

insearchoflight Well-Known Member

I have a question!

Is DNA always taken from unidentified remains and if so what year did they start doing this?

What I’m trying to determine is if the families dna has been entered into Namus and there was no matches, is it still possible that their missing loved one is a Jane Doe out there, or no it means the body is still undiscovered?

Thank you!

10. sunnynz

sunnynz Well-Known Member

Even if law enforcement have DNA for an Unidentified deceased it doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s been entered into Namus. Not all agencies are great at entering info.

insearchoflight likes this.