George Anthony Reported Missing *UPDATE FOUND*#2

Status
Not open for further replies.
George and Cindy are prisoners in their own home. Their life as they knew it prior to July 15th will never be anymore. Imagine going to bed one night to wake up the next day and have your entire world tumble down around you and each day a little more crumbling until you are raw. I have always felt sorry for the George and Cindy. They appear to be hard working people that were trying to somehow maintain a home environment as best they could. Life happens to all of us, some in this degree, some more, some less. It is sad to think they are only existing at this point and each day has to be harder than the day before. The hurt took George to the level he went yesterday to maybe get a little relief from all the pain even it was to take his life.

:clap::clap::clap:

In my opinion, Florida’s “Sunshine Law” is to blame for nearly all the cruel, and needless, public humiliation George has had to endure.

Take for example, the e-mails between Cindy’s mother, brother, and aunt, which were made public under that law. Those e-mails informed the entire internet-savvy planet that George Anthony was little more than worthless baggage to his family--a lazy, perpetually unemployed man; a dishonest, compulsive gambler who lived off his poor beleaguered wife; a man whose own wife cared nothing for him and was only staying married to him to prevent him from grabbing half of what she’d been paying for her whole life.

Courtesy of that same Sunshine Law, George discovered, along with the rest of the world, that his children thought he was a pathetic joke, worthy only of a Fathers Day gift called Job Hunting for Dummies (or something like that).

Will someone please explain to me why we are all “entitled” to know these embarrassing, personal, damning things about anyone who isn’t accused of a crime? I don’t feel entitled. Do you? I think the Sunshine Law is a travesty that tramples on the rights of all of us who are not charged with any crime. Maybe it was instituted prior to the explosion of Internet information?

I thought it was pitiful when I watched and listened to George’s interview with LE when he confided things to them that he said he didn’t want Cindy, or Lee, to know. I can only imagine how he was treated by them both after those tapes became public under the Sunshine Law.

If that wasn’t bad enough, he was then promptly forced by Cindy to continually appear on camera and state exactly the opposite of what he’d said in those publicly released interviews with LE. How weak, and how ludicrously dishonest, that made him seem to all of us! And he had to know that’s how he looked to everyone watching and listening.

To me, GA is a victim of the Sunshine Law, his own nagging conscience, and his wife and daughter who seem to be able to completely silence theirs. Many see him as weak, and perhaps he is—but I am very strong yet I couldn’t have lasted nearly as long as he has in a house with those two women.

I apologize in advance to all of you who will be upset by my words and strenuously object to them. I can take the heat, but please be kind to each other.
I agree with you. I think after this trial, Florida will be re-thinking their Sunshine Law. It has completely gotten out of hand.

Looks like Casey had an interview witht is guy On Jan 20th.... I am disgusted!

Juan Pablo M
Posted February 21st, 2008
Juan Pablo M has worked as a Director/Producer, Creative Director, Advertising and Public relations director and as manager of his various projects. International experience in multimedia production and award winning creative marketing campaigns for Mobil, Mitsubishi, Porsche, Peugeot, Ford, and more.

Joining Full Sail in 2007 as Associate Course Director for Typography and Page Layout he brought an interactive way to work with students and a dynamic structure of lecture. knowledge in all aspects of production including television, advertising, syndication and communication with diverse experience in the creative, technical, and administrative aspects of Multimedia production.
Strengths include excellent communication skills, creative thinking with the ability to direct both the content and presentation of a program. Experience includes television, radio, print and web production, as well as a valuable mix of major-market creative leadership and independent production.

hmmm..

I know. What is with those interviews? :waitasec:

If GA's physical well being had been compromised in any way whatsoever, paramedics would have been called to the scene. GA would then be transported to a hospital by ambulance. This tells me he did not actually attempt suicide. IMO

Per Conway presser, he did, indeed, take pills and alcohol.

Things that bother me about this whole George Suicide.

Why did it take Cindy's lawyer wait so long before calling LE..11:00 p.m. right ?
meeting was at 4:00

two text he sent to whom? We hear NOT to Cindy she probably knew "he said I am out of here..I need a break"
I know MJ, but did they say he was going to commit suicide or just he needs to get away and not to worry and they jumped to that conclusion. The media is running with this and we don't know for sure.
Then
George wants a good pizza not a fast food type, does this sound like a man going to committ suicide..NO

then suppsodely writes a note stating he believes KC didn't kill Caylee WTF..who else Martians

This bothers me..

I also feel like prehaps i should come out of "lurkdom" and share this also...
I lost my precious son at age 4 months, extremely suddenly. I know it was about 2 months later when I strongly desired to commit suicide. For me, it was not the overwhelming sadness and despair that drove that decision, it was the overwhelming desire to be "with" my son again. Perhaps this is GA's thinking? No one but GA can be certain why he chose this path, all I can say is that it is a valid reaction to losing someone you love and treasure. I know firsthand the horror that family is living, so I have never judged their actions in the past. I have my beliefs about who is or is not involved, but I feel completley and totally sure that they are all suffering this loss. I know all about misplaced guilt also, I had nothing to do with my son's death, yet I was plagued with guilt. I felt so certain that I must have done something, or not done something because babies don't just die for no reason. It was a completely irrational thought process, and it was simply because I am his mama, and it is my life's work to protect me child from harm. I felt surely that I had failed. Perhaps this is what is driving GA? just a theory or two...

Oh, Mimi. I am so sorry for your loss. My sister lost her son at 4 months as well. She was never the same.

In my opinion, Florida’s “Sunshine Law” is to blame for nearly all the cruel, and needless, public humiliation George has had to endure.

Take for example, the e-mails between Cindy’s mother, brother, and aunt, which were made public under that law. Those e-mails informed the entire internet-savvy planet that George Anthony was little more than worthless baggage to his family--a lazy, perpetually unemployed man; a dishonest, compulsive gambler who lived off his poor beleaguered wife; a man whose own wife cared nothing for him and was only staying married to him to prevent him from grabbing half of what she’d been paying for her whole life.

Courtesy of that same Sunshine Law, George discovered, along with the rest of the world, that his children thought he was a pathetic joke, worthy only of a Fathers Day gift called Job Hunting for Dummies (or something like that).

Will someone please explain to me why we are all “entitled” to know these embarrassing, personal, damning things about anyone who isn’t accused of a crime? I don’t feel entitled. Do you? I think the Sunshine Law is a travesty that tramples on the rights of all of us who are not charged with any crime. Maybe it was instituted prior to the explosion of Internet information?

I thought it was pitiful when I watched and listened to George’s interview with LE when he confided things to them that he said he didn’t want Cindy, or Lee, to know. I can only imagine how he was treated by them both after those tapes became public under the Sunshine Law.

If that wasn’t bad enough, he was then promptly forced by Cindy to continually appear on camera and state exactly the opposite of what he’d said in those publicly released interviews with LE. How weak, and how ludicrously dishonest, that made him seem to all of us! And he had to know that’s how he looked to everyone watching and listening.

To me, GA is a victim of the Sunshine Law, his own nagging conscience, and his wife and daughter who seem to be able to completely silence theirs. Many see him as weak, and perhaps he is—but I am very strong yet I couldn’t have lasted nearly as long as he has in a house with those two women.

I apologize in advance to all of you who will be upset by my words and strenuously object to them. I can take the heat, but please be kind to each other.

I 100% agree!!!

Even when I try to look up other cases out of Florida, I have never seen this much information! Thank you Friday for saying what I have been thinking all day long! God Bless you, and Thank You for updating us all!

In my experience, the only way he would have gone by police car and not ambulance was if there proof that he didn't take any pills. If he is acting appropriately and is alert to person, place and time you could contact medical control and get permission for him to be taken by LE instead of an ambulance.

I've run on thousands, if not ten's of thousands, of suicides/suicide attempts/suicidal ideations. Previous posters are right. Those who are serious about committing suicide usually do. They don't make last minute calls. They don't leave notes where they know they'll be found. They don't "reach out" to anyone. We usually find them dead.

While not to diminish GA's stress or grief or problems, this is ASB (Attention Seeking Behavior). George wants help, George is going to get help. Whether George is helped by the help is entirely up to George. Like I posted earlier this morning when this all was breaking. I have compassion for George. I feel for him for the horrendous situation that he is in. I cannot, however, turn a blind eye to what the Anthony's have done and said in the last 6 months. They still need to be held accountable for their words and actions. They chose the path they are walking after July 15th. The Anthony's, especially KC, are the ones to blame for the current family situation, not the media or internet forum participants. They had the power to chose which way this was all going to go. It's possible to continue to love their daughter but still seek the truth and demand justice for their granddaughter. They chose to spin a web of lies and mis-truths instead. I never expected them to stop loving KC but they should have been more worried about getting the truth from her, whatever it takes, instead of preserving the "family image".

Like I said early this morning. I pray that George heals his heart and his head. No one deserves to be another victim of KC. She has already claimed one life and changed countless others. The Anthony's need to stand up, tell the truth, seek justice for Caylee and stop being a pawn of their manipulative, sociopathic daughter.

Thanks for reading.

Thanks for this. I always believe that experience is the best teacher. I try to base my opinions on my life experience. I agree that when someone wants to really kill themselves they ALWAYS, in my experience, find a way. :blowkiss:

You know, I totally understand where Brad Conway is coming from and I realize that he is trying his best for his clients. But, I do have a problem with him putting the blame for George's mental state directly on the media and the public.

If anyone caused this, it was Casey and she deserves to have the blame for that put directly on her shoulders.

Friday, I agree. I remember GA telling LE things he thought would be in confidence too. I worry that this case will hinder the pursuit of justice in future cases in Florida. I can see where people would hesitate to tell the bleak truth when it will be plastered all over the newspapers/airwaves/internet the next day.

And we have to take some of the blame. We, as specators of this mess and readers of all of the documents, feed the beast.

Flip side of the coin though... GA and CA have not helped themselves with their incessant denial of what their daughter has done. In the same situation, I might support my daughter to the bitter end too. But, I wouldn't have pandered to the media as much as GA and CA have done in the past. I wouldn't have made a circus out of the protestors in front of my house.

I once made a serious attempt at suicide for far less understandable circumstances than what this poor man has faced, so my prayers and support go out to him if he was really to the point of suicide. I have always seen George as the only thing that passed for sanity in this family, and I have the greatest sympathy for his loss. However, the cynical side of me raises the question - what if his wife and daughter made him stage this so that, when he is called to testify during her trial, the defense can dispute his testimony on the grounds of his now documented mental instability?

I also feel like prehaps i should come out of "lurkdom" and share this also...
I lost my precious son at age 4 months, extremely suddenly. I know it was about 2 months later when I strongly desired to commit suicide. For me, it was not the overwhelming sadness and despair that drove that decision, it was the overwhelming desire to be "with" my son again. Perhaps this is GA's thinking? No one but GA can be certain why he chose this path, all I can say is that it is a valid reaction to losing someone you love and treasure. I know firsthand the horror that family is living, so I have never judged their actions in the past. I have my beliefs about who is or is not involved, but I feel completley and totally sure that they are all suffering this loss. I know all about misplaced guilt also, I had nothing to do with my son's death, yet I was plagued with guilt. I felt so certain that I must have done something, or not done something because babies don't just die for no reason. It was a completely irrational thought process, and it was simply because I am his mama, and it is my life's work to protect my child from harm. I felt surely that I had failed. Perhaps this is what is driving GA? just a theory or two...

mimimama5, I am so sorry for your loss. As a mother, I cannot imagine what you have gone through. Thank you very much for sharing these personal experiences and thoughts of yours.

Conway also just reported that the A's did NOT listen to all the reports and all the details of the case because they did NOT want to know all the details because it was too painful........

George and Cindy are prisoners in their own home. Their life as they knew it prior to July 15th will never be anymore. Imagine going to bed one night to wake up the next day and have your entire world tumble down around you and each day a little more crumbling until you are raw. I have always felt sorry for the George and Cindy. They appear to be hard working people that were trying to somehow maintain a home environment as best they could. Life happens to all of us, some in this degree, some more, some less. It is sad to think they are only existing at this point and each day has to be harder than the day before. The hurt took George to the level he went yesterday to maybe get a little relief from all the pain even it was to take his life.

Every life is replete with choice-invoking intersections, competing paths complete with their own consequences and hazards. Let's just say that they've taken quite a few unpaved detours, recently.

I do agree and I do hope this case brings changes to "the sunshine law"

In my experience, the only way he would have gone by police car and not ambulance was if there proof that he didn't take any pills. If he is acting appropriately and is alert to person, place and time you could contact medical control and get permission for him to be taken by LE instead of an ambulance.

I've run on thousands, if not ten's of thousands, of suicides/suicide attempts/suicidal ideations. Previous posters are right. Those who are serious about committing suicide usually do. They don't make last minute calls. They don't leave notes where they know they'll be found. They don't "reach out" to anyone. We usually find them dead.

While not to diminish GA's stress or grief or problems, this is ASB (Attention Seeking Behavior). George wants help, George is going to get help. Whether George is helped by the help is entirely up to George. Like I posted earlier this morning when this all was breaking. I have compassion for George. I feel for him for the horrendous situation that he is in. I cannot, however, turn a blind eye to what the Anthony's have done and said in the last 6 months. They still need to be held accountable for their words and actions. They chose the path they are walking after July 15th. The Anthony's, especially KC, are the ones to blame for the current family situation, not the media or internet forum participants. They had the power to chose which way this was all going to go. It's possible to continue to love their daughter but still seek the truth and demand justice for their granddaughter. They chose to spin a web of lies and mis-truths instead. I never expected them to stop loving KC but they should have been more worried about getting the truth from her, whatever it takes, instead of preserving the "family image".

Like I said early this morning. I pray that George heals his heart and his head. No one deserves to be another victim of KC. She has already claimed one life and changed countless others. The Anthony's need to stand up, tell the truth, seek justice for Caylee and stop being a pawn of their manipulative, sociopathic daughter.

Thanks for reading.

Up until this point I have thought of George as someone wrestling with his conscience, and someone scapegoated by the family. My guess is that he's been browbeaten to the point of self-annihilation. Many look at George as a loser, but I have seen someone who may have been emotionally and mentally abused.

Up until this point. I now have a niggling doubt, that perhaps, as you say, his behaviour is attention-seeking. Given the purported contents of the suicide note, I would have to say, yes, because that note points a shameless finger of blame at the perp's buddies. Who bothers with such nonsense in a suicide note? If the leaks are authentic, which I at this point refuse to believe is true, if George refuses to be helped by the help, then my last shred of sympathy and understanding for George goes down the drain. It's clear then, that he's made his choice.

I agree with the rest of your thoughtful post! Regardless of anything, I too think that George has a lot to answer for and his "cry for help" does not mitigate his past deeds.

Things that bother me about this whole George Suicide.

Why did it take Cindy's lawyer wait so long before calling LE..11:00 p.m. right ?
meeting was at 4:00

two text he sent to whom? We hear NOT to Cindy she probably knew "he said I am out of here..I need a break"
I know MJ, but did they say he was going to commit suicide or just he needs to get away and not to worry and they jumped to that conclusion. The media is running with this and we don't know for sure.
Then
George wants a good pizza not a fast food type, does this sound like a man going to committ suicide..NO

then suppsodely writes a note stating he believes KC didn't kill Caylee WTF..who else Martians

This bothers me..

Brad just stated on press conference the content of the text messages caused great concern. He had not responded until late to the attempts to contact him. It's on CNN HLN

Attention seeking behavior that includes threats of suicide should not be dismissed so cavalierly--it deserves just that: ATTENTION. Any attempt to minimize or dismiss such a cry for help is premature. I'm so glad that LE responded in the serious and timely manner the situation required.

So is a suicide attempt NOT a suicide attempt if you get there in time?

Suicidal ideation = "I'm thinkin' about killing myself"

Suicidal ideation with plan = "I'm thinkin' about killing myself...and here's how I'm gonna do it"

Suicide attempt (Attention Seeking Behavior) = "I've done something that looks like I'm trying to harm myself (ie: slicing at wrists with butter knife, taking 2 extra strength Tylenol saying you're trying to overdose, etc.) but it really was a half-a$$ed attempt.

Suicide attempt = "Committing a valid act with the intent of ending one's own life but it was not successful."

Suicide = "Successful completion of Suicidal Ideation with a Plan"

Hope that helps. I'm not a psychiatrist and I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night so take it for what it's worth.

Conway also just reported that the A's did NOT listen to all the reports and all the details of the case because they did NOT want to know all the details because it was too painful........

They will hear it in court.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member