George has Casey's car destroyed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last week some posters attacked the A's because Lippman said there had been offers on the car. The A's were criticized, in advance, for selling the car to the highest bidder and people were outraged that the car would not be destroyed. Now that the car has been destroyed, which is exactly what people wanted, it's a publicity stunt, George is hiding evidence....blah, blah, blah.

George had 2 choices, sell the car or destroy it. Neither one would have saved him from being attacked. If George wanted to destroy evidence, the time to do it would have been when the car was originally towed, before LE got ahold of it. Not afterwards. If LE didn't get all the evidence contained in the car, that fail falls on them, not George. What was he supposed to do, store the car in case LE needed it sometime in the future, even though LE released it?

Oh Chilly. Read past posts in this thread only if you think your heart and head can stand it. :crosseyed:

Getting rid of itin an open manner as they did makes all the sense in the world. Otherwise the general public would continuely speculate about what the Anthony's were going to do with the car, would Casey get it back, would it be cut up into little pieces and sold for profit, etc. Now, those questions have been answered, and those questions can be put to bed.

Oh please, cut up in little pieces and sold for profit.

That George had the car crushed does not impress me. Is this supposed to show that George is some kind of a hero for getting rid of that ole stinky g...dam car. What of the family of the person whose body was in the trunk, and mistaken for George's granddaughter, don't they have a say on what happens to the car? Just more BS to talk to Dr. Phil about.

The Dr. Phil interview was taped and in the can a few weeks ago.

Last week some posters attacked the A's because Lippman said there had been offers on the car. The A's were criticized, in advance, for selling the car to the highest bidder and people were outraged that the car would not be destroyed. Now that the car has been destroyed, which is exactly what people wanted, it's a publicity stunt, George is hiding evidence....blah, blah, blah.

George had 2 choices, sell the car or destroy it. Neither one would have saved him from being attacked. If George wanted to destroy evidence, the time to do it would have been when the car was originally towed, before LE got ahold of it. Not afterwards. If LE didn't get all the evidence contained in the car, that fail falls on them, not George. What was he supposed to do, store the car in case LE needed it sometime in the future, even though LE released it?

Chilly, my personal thoughts and ire with the A's have nothing to do with the act of destroying the car, it is that the cameras were rolling and it is a news item today. I do not personally believe GA did this to "destroy evidence." I personally believe this has to do with the A's going on Dr. Phil in a few weeks, and wanting to try to fix their image in the meantime as best as they can so they can get donations for their second foundation, where Lippmann has said they will draw salaries. They already have one foundation created and in operation, so why the need for the second one, other tham to create it more "creatively" for personal $$ for the A's, to be written off with creative accounting measures. But I digress. I do however think Lippmann "floats" things to the media to see how the general public will feel, monitoring comments on the MSM sites and also on websites like WS. I believe the idea was "floated" about selling the car, but when the response was highly negative from the public, the destruction was seen as the way to go, as the comments pretty much said the A's should destroy the car instead of selling it.

I have no idea what it would be like, nor would I ever want to know, what it is like to be in the A's shoes. I have gone back and forth in the past with sympathy for them, or anger toward them. My anger is based SOLELY on what I have seen them do over the full past 3 years, and I have been watching and listening this whole time. I have come to see that when my anger surfaces, it is about them trying to profit off of dead Caylee and how THEY put-out there their every move, when it benefits them monetarily, in the media. I agree with a few others who have said the car destruction has to do with trying to rehab their image so they can get donations for their new foundation resulting from their interview on the Dr. Phil Show.

I truly cannot say how I would have acted had the same thing happened to me that has happened to them, but I can surely say I would not have done most of the things they have done. They complain and complain about the "media" yet they are constantly putting themselves in that same media. They could have quietly had this car destroyed if they really wanted to, they would have found a way. IMO, MOO, etc.

It makes complete sense for them to keep the pool. For people that have had finacial difficulties in the past, I am sure the pool ads significant resale value to their house should the need for them to sell it arise.

An above ground pool adds ZERO resale value to a home in Florida. imoo

Its worth hardly anything by now, it they gave it away. So, why do some of you guys think it was wrong to just dump it? And, why does anyone think its a publicity stunt? Even if they called up someone to pick it up, it would have been reported by someone else in the neighborhood.

Publicity stunt? NOt imo, I think George got the kohugas to do the right thing. imhoo

Chilly, my personal thoughts and ire with the A's have nothing to do with the act of destroying the car, it is that the cameras were rolling and it is a news item today. I do not personally believe GA did this to "destroy evidence." I personally believe this has to do with the A's going on Dr. Phil in a few weeks, and wanting to try to fix their image in the meantime as best as they can so they can get donations for their second foundation, where Lippmann has said they will draw salaries. They already have one foundation created and in operation, so why the need for the second one, other tham to create it more "creatively" for personal $$ for the A's, to be written off with creative accounting measures. But I digress. I do however think Lippmann "floats" things to the media to see how the general public will feel, monitoring comments on the MSM sites and also on websites like WS. I believe the idea was "floated" about selling the car, but when the response was highly negative from the public, the destruction was seen as the way to go, as the comments pretty much said the A's should destroy the car instead of selling it.

I have no idea what it would be like, nor would I ever want to know, what it is like to be in the A's shoes. I have gone back and forth in the past with sympathy for them, or anger toward them. My anger is based SOLELY on what I have seen them do over the full past 3 years, and I have been watching and listening this whole time. I have come to see that when my anger surfaces, it is about them trying to profit off of dead Caylee and how THEY put-out there their every move, when it benefits them monetarily, in the media. I agree with a few others who have said the car destruction has to do with trying to rehab their image so they can get donations for their new foundation resulting from their interview on the Dr. Phil Show.

I truly cannot say how I would have acted had the same thing happened to me that has happened to them, but I can surely say I would not have done most of the things they have done. They complain and complain about the "media" yet they are constantly putting themselves in that same media. They could have quietly had this car destroyed if they really wanted to, they would have found a way. IMO, MOO, etc.

I have no way of knowing who informed the media that the car was being destroyed, it could have been the salvage yard. Or not, who knows? The public called for the car to be destroyed and that's what was done. Maybe they did feel the need to inform the public that they did exactly what people wanted them to do. What's wrong with that?

Is there any way in which the A's could have disposed of the car that wouldn't leave them open to criticism? After reading this thread, I surely can't think of one.

An above ground pool adds ZERO resale value to a home in Florida. imoo

Yeah, inground pools don't even add value where I live... they're seen as liabilities in a way... sorry OT

Maybe they will market it to people in Pinellas County. No one there knows anything about Casey/Caylee/the Anthony's in general. Also, it appears to be the public opinion that Caylee drowning in the pool is all one big white lie.

Right, three bedroom home, well kept, newly painted, pool in the backyard easily accessible for barbeques - one drawback - child died in pool, just put that out of your minds though - cause it is really nice.

I do remember Cindy cackling "OOOH YES, Caylee could climb the ladder and this picture was taken a year ago before June 16, 2008". And then, "I was hardly even touching her when she was climbing that ladder, my hand was just there as sort of a guard".
So, what was she trying to convey to the jury with that demonstrative narrative?

She was probably trying to convey that Caylee COULD climb the ladder. Nothing less, nothing more.

George knows that he did not find Caylee drowned in the pool as the defense claimed. Neither he nor Cindy have ever said she did.

The topic is: 'George has Casey's car destroyed' Please stay on topic... Thank you!!

She was probably trying to convey that Caylee COULD climb the ladder. Nothing less, nothing more.

George knows that he did not find Caylee drowned in the pool as the defense claimed. Neither he nor Cindy have ever said she did.

Agreed.

Aedrys, a lot of posters believe the A's should have gotten rid of the pool. Here is just one example:

Originally Posted by grammieto5
Well isn't that wonderful!!! Is the pool still up??????? Destroy a car that only had pizza in the trunk, but keep the pool up that Caylee drowned in ???

The theory seems to exist that the A's agreed with the defense lie that Caylee drowned in the pool. But they did not agree with that theory.

natsound I posted this earlier....in case you missed it?????

I think the majority who post on WS know Caylee did not die in the swimming pool. It was the DT who made up this story, and CA and GA did not/have not said this is not true. BUT they did say Caylee was not in the car! The fact that this car has been destroyed (IF this is true) proves without a doubt that CA and GA knew all along that they knew Caylee was in this car. The fact that the pool has not been taken down proves CA and GA knew all along Caylee did not die in the pool. When we say why hasn't the pool been taken down, it's not because we believe Caylee died there, it's just those of us who are asking this are letting it be known we know Caylee died in the car. CA and GA need to just stop, nothing they can do will change the minds of those who know the truth. I believe CA and GA knew from the very beginning what happened to Caylee and I believe CA and GA knew who was responsible for what happened to Caylee.

bobkealing bob kealing
Hard to tell in the middle of a junk yard. “@charminstweets: @bobkealing Does it still smell?”

IIRC, Lippman stated that blue book value was about 3G's for that car at that year/mileage.

As sad as it is, I think the car could have been sold for $100,000 or more to some macabre collector. The blue book value has no significance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zootopian2