Found Deceased Canada - George Scott Cushnie, 80, AKA "Professor Piano" (legally blind), Toronto, 7 August 2018

dotr

Reaction score
Toronto Police Service :: News Release #41965
NR.41965.1535603555.jpg

Case #: 2018-1599042
The Toronto Police Service is requesting assistance locating a missing man.

George Scott Cushnie, 80, was reported missing on Wednesday, August 29, 2018, at 5 p.m. He was last seen in the River Street and King Street East area on Tuesday, August 7, 2018.

He is described as 6’, short grey hair, medium build, legally blind, wears dark glasses. No clothing description is available.

Dl0hppXWsAEPvXl.jpg

"Photo Only Missing man George Scott Cushnie, 80 L/S On August 7th, River Street and King Street. If seen please call 416-808-5100 ^gl"

Toronto Police OPS on Twitter

The Toronto Police Service is requesting assistance locating a missing man.

George Scott Cushnie, 80, was reported missing on Wednesday, August 29, 2018, at 5 p.m. He was last seen in the River Street and King Street East area on Tuesday, August 7, 2018.

He is described as 6’, short grey hair, medium build, legally blind, wears dark glasses. No clothing description is available.

Police are concerned for his safety.

Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 416-808-5100, Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477), online at www.222tips.com, online on our Facebook Leave a Tip page, or text TOR and your message to CRIMES (274637). Download the free Crime Stoppers Mobile App on iTunes, Google Play or Blackberry App World.

Missing – George Scott Cushnie, 80. Toronto

His Facebook page - updates are being posted here: Scott Cushnie

BULLETIN: Concern growing for safety of missing Scott “Professor Piano” Cushnie

Friends of one of the GTA’s legendary musical talents, 80-year old Scott Cushnie, aka “Professor Piano” to legions of fans and fellow players, are growing increasingly concerned by his mysterious disappearance.

The iconic keyboard player, who has accompanied legends of Rock ‘n’ Roll and Blues over the years and was a member of The Band and with Ronnie Hawkins in their heydays, hasn’t been seen since August 7 at his apartment in TO’s River Street/King Street East area.

Sorry, dotr. I did a search and found nothing when I started this.
No problem at all, i do that lots of time, the important thing is to thank you for bringing attention to this missing person, whom i did not even realize i knew until you used his stage name. He must be found!

Last edited:
'One of a kind' Canadian pianist who played with rock royalty reported missing

“The last time I saw him I took him out after his birthday in July for dinner and there was no dementia, nothing like that. I don’t figure that dementia or a diminution of any of his faculties is a factor here. I don’t know what’s happened to him.”

“We are grabbing at straws,” he said. “It’s so unlike him to just disappear.”

Reid says Cushnie’s bank activity stopped around Aug. 7, the day he was last seen.

“I’ve gone through his place with the detectives and unfortunately nothing is missing as if he’d gone away for any kind of length of time,” she added.

Last edited:
Wish we knew if Scott used a cane and if so, had a photo of it.

From Scotts' FB page, there is a meetup tonight to post flyers tonight at 11 pm. :

Anybody able to HELP US put up some posters this evening is a huge help.

If you can spare any amount of time (even 10 minutes will count) up to 2 hours meet us at.........

585 King Street EAST M5A 1M6 (just West of the DVP) King and River. If we can get a fair amount of people tonight, some of us will post in his old stomping grounds, Bathurst and Collage.

We've got the posters and a small few tape guns, so if anyone can chip in and bring tape or staples or anything for that matter.

Source: Scott Cushnie

What talent!
Given his age, my speculation is that he was enjoying a stroll in some park like setting, or near the water, collapsed, and is yet to be found.
Alternatively, perhaps he felt it was time to “check out”.
I tend to believe the first scenario is the most likely. I hope he is found soon.

Just a shot in the dark, but wondering if Scott may have headed towards a piano store? Thinking of Ramsden Park and the Rosedale ravine near the piano shop on Yonge St, Paul Hahn ect. imo speculation.

Just a shot in the dark, but wondering if Scott may have headed towards a piano store? Thinking of Ramsden Park and the Rosedale ravine near the piano shop on Yonge St, Paul Hahn ect. imo speculation.
Good question. If anyone can contribute info as to his routines it would be super helpful.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back