George Zimmerman Real Time Trial Thread *No Discussion* 7/1/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yamiche Alcindor ‏@Yamiche 2m
In interview, Singleton says tell me what happened. Zimmerman explains there were a lot of burglaries and "these guys always get away."
Retweeted by Kyle Hightower

bob kealing bob kealing ‏@bobkealing 3m
GZ: to officer, people he's called about before "always get away."

3m
Kathi Belich, WFTV @KBelichWFTV
#Zimmermanon9 knew that the security camera at the front gate was not working.

4m
When he drove by. 2/2 #Zimmermanon9

4m
#Zimmermanon9 said Martin was suspicious because he was walking slowly in the rain, looking at the houses and stopped to look at him 1/2

5m
#Zimmermanon9 told the officer his wife watched a home invader at a neighbor's house and she was scared.

8m
#Zimmermanon9 corrected the date she wrote. He was soft spoken.

9m
She said she did not know the details of the case so she could not challenge any of his answers. #Zimmermanon9

10m
The jury is going to hear part of her interview with #Zimmermanon9 .

3m
#Zimmermanon9 said these guys know the neighborhood and how to get out before police come.

4m
#Zimmermanon9 sounded unemotional and looked up a phone number for the complex security company for police.

Tony Pipitone ‏@TonyPipitone 2m
#Zimmerman to Singleton: "I see him circling my car and then he goes back into the darkness. ... I didn't know name of street" so got out.

Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 1m
Furious note taking by jurors as Zimmerman gives investigator his account on 911 call. #Zimmerman

#Zimmermanon9 said Martin eventually came out if the dark and punched him and knocked him down and continued hitting him.

7m
#Zimmermanon9 said he lost sight of Martin who had gone between houses then came back and circled his vehicle.

4s
#Zimmermanon9 told police Martin kept talking after he fired.. Saying "you got me" and "owww". He got on top of Martin to secure him.

1m
#Zimmermanon9 described the fight and how he shot Martin as he thought Martin was grabbing for his gun. #

Tony Pipitone ‏@TonyPipitone 2m
#zimmerman: "He's still trying to hit my head against the pavement... Tried to bang my head again, I pulled my firearm and shot him."

7m
#Zimmermanon9 described Martin in a flat unemotional tone.

The officer told #Zimmermanon9 he did the right thing in calling police.

6m
#Zimmermanon9 offered to draw a diagram for police to show where Martin walked and where Zimmerman was, and where Martin likely was hiding.

Yamiche Alcindor ‏@Yamiche 4m
Zimmerman claims right before Trayvon punched him, Trayvon said, "You got a problem homie?"

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 4m
#zimmerman: "I screamed help probably 50 times, as loud as I could." #TrayvonMartin

2m
She got a google map instead of using his sketch of the scene. #Zimmermanon9

#Zimmermanon9 said after Martin went behind houses.. He moved his car up in that direction and Martin came back and circled him.

#Zimmermanon9 said he was walking back to his vehicle to meet police when Martin jumped out of bushes, punched him and he fell.

2m
#Zimmermanon9 first said yes that he was following Martin then said he didn't know because he didn't know where Martin was.

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 29s
De la Rionda showing jury the Google map of neighborhood that #Zimmerman used to illustrate incident for investigator.

Yamiche Alcindor Yamiche Alcindor ‏@Yamiche 3m
Singleton had #GeorgeZimmerman draw out exactly what happened on a Google map of the gated community.

The jury is looking at the police google map of the scene that #Zimmermanon9 marked to show how and where things happened.

2m
Here's the Google Map of the apartment complex that jurors are looking at right now #Zimmermanon9 pic.twitter.com/mbmJUeAwZV

The jury and Tracy Martin are looking up at the map on the screen. #Zimmermanon9

The police officer is putting #Zimmermanon9 's statement into context with the map.

State: you conducted in interview with GZ, then another interview going over map...she also had him write a statement, had him sign and gave to investigator.

54s
Looks like only one empty seat in the public seating section. #Zimmermanon9

43s
#Zimmermanon9 said Martin asked "you got a problem, homey?" And said he replied "no, I don't have a problem" and Martin said "you do now."

Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 2m
Singleton says that she also had #zimmerman to write on paper his statement of events as well. #TrayvonMartin

State has witness read GZs written statement.

Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 3m
DLR is now displaying #zimmerman written statement.

Fin Gomez ‏@finnygo 4m
Juror B51, elderly woman, has both her hands up to her mouth as she looks up to#Zimmerman witness statement. All jurors looking up.

The officer is reading #Zimmermanon9 's written statement about past crime in neighborhood and how it scared his wife.

State: GZ uses the word 'suspect' to describe Trayvon Martin...asks witness did you tell him to do that...no...

In written statement #zimmerman repeatedly refers to #TrayvonMartin as "suspect."

One of the jurors just glanced at the Martins as the officer is reading #Zimmermanon9 's written statement.

De la Rionda highlights that use of the word suspect and Singleton says that it was #zimmerman word choice selection.

#Zimmermanon9 said when he yelled for help Martin told him to shut up. He said said Martin banged his head on the sidewalk and it felt 1/2

It was going to explode. He said Martin went for his gun and #Zimmermanon9 grabbed his gun and fired.

Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 53s
Singleton says #zimmerman only used "suspect" to refer to #TrayvonMartin in written statement.

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 1m
#TrayvonMartin parents look intently at projection of #zimmerman statement.

Recess for lunch...back 1:30

Bill S. he says state may have made a mistake having GZs statement read because it may mean he does not have to testify, unless he has given more statements that are inconsistent.

Kyle Hightower Kyle Hightower ‏@khightower 3m
A heads up: I will not be in courtroom for afternoon session. But plz follow my colleague @MikeSchneiderAP who will be on our seat.

Mike Schneider ‏@MikeSchneiderAP 6m
We're in the middle of Sanford Police Officer Doris Singleton's testimony. She was first officer to interview #georgezimmerman .

Mike Schneider Mike Schneider ‏@MikeSchneiderAP 9m
Hello #georgezimmerman trial followers. I'm keeping AP seat warm while colleague @khightower is sprung from courthouse for few hours.

Mike Schneider Mike Schneider ‏@MikeSchneiderAP 1h
So Officer Doris Singleton, contact lenses are good for working patrols, not so good when you have to read a statement in court?

#Zimmermanon9 says he spread Martin's arms out after he fired because Martin was talking. Martin's arms were under his body.

26m
WFTV Eyewitness News ✔ @WFTV
Jose Baez weighs in on #Zimmerman trial http://at.wftv.com/18r6D4D #zimmermanon9 pic.twitter.com/ck9Nc10PIw
Retweeted by Kathi Belich, WFTV

Court back in session...showing pictures of GZ taken at police station and video of taking a DNA sample from him...

Mike Schneider Mike Schneider ‏@MikeSchneiderAP 3m
Jurors being shown video of #georgezimmerman getting DNA mouth swab in police interview room.

Mike Schneider Mike Schneider ‏@MikeSchneiderAP 6m
Jurors again being shown photos of #georgezimmerman after fight with Martin.

Mike Schneider Mike Schneider ‏@MikeSchneiderAP 10m
We are back in court session!

Officer states GZ asked her about a cross she was wearing and if she was Catholic. She said no and he said Catholics believe all killing is wrong. She told him that if what he had told her was true, she didn't think that God meant you couldn't protect yourself.

He also asked who the person he shot was, she said that he had not be identified and GZ asked was he dead? She said I thought you knew he had died.

Mike Schneider Mike Schneider ‏@MikeSchneiderAP 3m
Singleton says#georgezimmerman asked if she was Catholic after he noticed her cross. She said no, Christian ( more)

Mike Schneider Mike Schneider ‏@MikeSchneiderAP 2m
Singleton says #georgezimmerman told her Catholics believe it's wrong to kill. Singleton told him: "If what you're telling me is true..."

Mike Schneider Mike Schneider ‏@MikeSchneiderAP 1m
"...I don't think that what God meant you couldn't save your own life."

Cross by O'Mara begins

Asks her about her training and why she wanted to be in LE...she was in military before...

Asks if at any time was GZ uncooperative, no

Asks if GZ ever knew or mentioned he knew there was a 911 tape that had the screaming....no

OM asking her if she knew there were eyewitnesses who could verify a 911 call of GZs screaming and another witness of TM hitting his head on the sidewalk....she said no and she never suggested that to GZ ...state objection, sustained.

Mike Schneider ‏@MikeSchneiderAP 5m
O'Mara cross examining Singleton now. She says #georgezimmerman never refused to talk to police.

Singleton also says #georgezimmerman was surprised when she told him #trayvon was dead. She says he said "He's dead?!"

She said he shook his head.

Mike Schneider ‏@MikeSchneiderAP 6m
Singleton says 'yes' when O'Mara asks if #georgezimmerman said he was yelling for help even before he knew 911 calls captured screams.

Did he indicate that he had hate for Trayvon? no

Mike Schneider ‏@MikeSchneiderAP 7m
When asked by O'Mara if #georgezimmerman showed any anger or ill will toward Martin, Singleton says "no."

Mike Schneider Mike Schneider ‏@MikeSchneiderAP 1m
Singleton says no major differences in #georgezimmerman's accounts of what happened.

State re-direct:

Brings out that witness does not know if what GZ said in the interview was true and she had never been to scene, although OM was asking her to ID the scene.

The word 'suspect' is used when you think someone has committed a crime? yes, that's what she uses..

Defense was asking questions that made her speculate about what GZ was thinking or what he did what he did...yes, I only know what he told me.
(defense makes several objections)

She cannot say if it was GZ that was screaming...

OM recross...he did not ask her to speculate about GZ having ill will to TM, she has no evidence he did..

State re-re-cross...asks her if at the time of the interview, GZ was not showing ill will...correct...

Bill S. this witness was not good for prosecution...(she now works in Jax)

Next witness...Christopher Serino...now works in probation and parole with Sanford PD...was a level transfer...lead investigator on case

de la Rionda on direct...

He was called to scene of shooting that night...Trayvon's body was not there then and he had not been identified...attempts made to ID, facial recognition of other officers, cameras, checked fingerprints, everything was negative.
Later he went to SPD around midnight and came in contact with GZ, he was aware that he had been interviewed by Singleton already.

Mike Schneider ‏@MikeSchneiderAP 3m
Officer Chris Serino is up next. He was the lead investigator in Trayvon Martin's death for Sanford Police Department.

Playing tape of interview of Serino with GZ...

Mike Schneider ‏@MikeSchneiderAP 29s
Jurors now listening to audio of Sanford Police detective Chris Serino interviewing #georgezimmerman hours after shooting.

Mike Schneider ‏@MikeSchneiderAP 2m
Police officer testifies in George Zimmerman trial (from @AP) http://m.apnews.com/ap/db_289563/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=nwYeu2nZ …

GZ telling same story again...he says he shot, then somehow go out from under TM and he was still talking so he spread his hands out and was on top of him...

Showing pictures of GZ again taken at station and he IDs them.
Injuries were minor in his opinion.

Next day, he later learned where Trayvon was staying with his father and his father ID'd him.

Showing video of walk through of Serino with GZ...judge warns jury that some portions have been redacted due to legal reasons and they are not to make any determination of why.

GZ shows where he first saw TM, looked suspicious because standing in rain looking at houses, he went up to clubhouse to stop and call non-emer 911, then says TM walks past him and looks at him, then goes up a walkway and behind a house, operator asks him for an address and says he didn't know add., got out and started walking toward T behind building, and then walked through to street to get address, walked back toward T and Trayvon came from behind and (the rest of story)....

Mike Schneider ‏@MikeSchneiderAP 1m
This is the 3rd recorded recitation of events for jurors today in #georgezimmerman's voice.

Mike Schneider Mike Schneider ‏@MikeSchneiderAP 2m
Jurors now watching video re-enactment by #georgezimmerman at behest of detective Serino day after Martin's shooting.

State asks Serino if he had another contact with GZ, yes, on 2/29, another interview at SPD...showing video...his rights are read again and he signs...

Tape is playing...

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 2m
Detective Serino asked if #Zimmermanon9 would have been suspicious of Martin if he were white and he said yes.

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 3m
#Zimmermanon9 said Martin was looking at a home where there had been a break in in the past.

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 4m
The jury is paying close attention to the interview. #Zimmermanon9 is talking about prior crime problems at the neighborhood.

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 8m
Detective Serino is asking why #Zimmermanon9 thought Martin was suspicious.

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 11m
They are watching intently. #Zimmermanon9 said his wife was doing surprisingly well and is stronger than him.

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 11m
RT @WFTV: Prosecution playing #Zimmerman interrogation. WATCH: http://at.wftv.com/15QGYxF #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 13m
Jury is now watching #Zimmermanon9's fourth police interview. He had not yet hired a lawyer.

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 20m
#Zimmermanon9 said he didn't see Martin at all and figured he left and said after he hung up the phone Martin came out of nowhere.

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 24m
Juror E6 is taking a lot of notes. The others are watching the reenactment. #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 26m
#Zimmermanon9 says he kept walking to get an address but was not following Martin because he did not know where he was.

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 29m
#Zimmermanon9 told about the same story as he reenacted how he got out of his car to find a street sign.

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 31m
Tracy Martin is watching now.. As #Zimmermanon9 described what happened that night.

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 34m
The jury is watching parts of #Zimmermanon9 's reenactment for Sanford police.

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 35m
Detective Serino said the next day there was a missing person's report for Martin and Tracy identified his son by photo. #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 41m
He knew another officer had gotten a more lengthy statement still he rushed through it and sounded like he sided with #Zimmermanon9 .

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 42m
Detective Serino told #Zimmermanon9 he was going to have nightmares and Serino said he could help with that.

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 43m
#Zimmermanon9 told Serino he bashed his head on the sidewalk, tried to smother his screams.. And reached toward his gun.

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 45m
#Zimmermanon9 sounded calm hours after finding out Martin was dead and said he had class the next day when police tried to arrange a talk.

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 47m
The jury is going to hear #Zimmermanon9 's third police statement. Serino is rushing thru the interview. Martin dad mot beef id'd.?

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 50m
WATCH Serino's testimony live: http://at.wftv.com/15QGYxF #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 54m
Lead Sanford investigator Chris Serino is up in the stand. #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 7m
#Zimmermanon9 said he prayed to God police would find a video that would prove his story.

Ryan Hughes - WFTV ‏@RHughesWFTV 3m
Don West's daughters not in court today after photo incident last week. #ZIMMERMANon9.

Woman investigator asks if he thought TM was running because he was afraid of you? She said you were following somebody and didn't tell him who you were. He claims he was not following but was looking for address and going back to his car. He had no opportunity to talk to TM.

Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 2m
#Zimmerman tells police in interrogation that he was headed back to his vehicle when #TrayvonMartin confronted him. #Zimmermanon9

ZIMMERMAN TRIAL: EVIDENTIARY FLASHBACK: Zimmerman Recalls Fatal Fight to Police

By Andrew Branca, Attorney at Law
June 14th, 2013 | Florida
http://lawofselfdefense.com/zimmerm...back-zimmerman-recalls-fatal-fight-to-police/

Below is a snippet from the transcript of the February 27, 2012 Sanford Police Department interview of George Zimmerman by Investigator Singleton, the day after the shooting of Trayvon Martin.

(Strangely, the transcript states it was taken on February 22, but the shooting did not occur until February 26, so it is likely the transcriptionist simply misheard the date when listening to the audio recording. “Twenty-second” and “twenty-seventh” can easily be confused on a poor quality audio recording replayed through a transcription machine.)

. . .

Zimmerman: I was leaving to go to the grocery store and, like I said, I saw him, uh, walking in the neighborhood, the same, in front of the same house that I had called the police before to come to because this guy leaves his doors unlocked and stuff and, he was walking leisurely and looking at the houses and, um, so I just pulled my car to the side and I called the non-emergency line.

Singleton: Okay.

Zimmerman: Uh,–

Singleton: Were you, were you, were you armed at this point?

Zimmerman: Yes, ma’am.

Singleton: You were already armed, okay.

Zimmerman: Yes, ma’am. And, I called the non-emergency line and I just reported that there was a suspicious person in the neighborhoo. Um, the dispatcher, whoeever answered the phone, asked me where they went and I said I wasn’t sure because I lsot visual of him when he went in between houses and, uh, he said, “Well, can you tell me what direction he went in,” and I said, “Not really.” Um, and then all of a sudden I see him circling my car, and then he goes back into the darkness. So–

Singleton: **** you pull out of your house and you’re heading–

Singleton: You’re on the phone and he dips between two houses, is that what you mean?

Zimmerman: Yes, ma’am. ‘Cause he–

Singleton: So, you lose sight of him.

Zimmerman: Correct and then he comes back out.

Singleton: Mm hmm.

Zimmerman: And circles my car while I’m on the phone with the police.

Singleton: Okay, is he saying anything to you?

Zimmerman: I couldn’t him. My windows were up.

Zimmerman: As soon as I saw him coming at me, I rolled up my windows and I stayed on the phone with dispatch.

Singleton: Okay, he, your car was running.

Singleton: The lights were on?

Singleton: So he knew somebody was in this car?

Singleton: And he, is he walking completely around the car?

Zimmerman: Um, and dispatch asked me where he went. I didn’t know the name of the street that I was on. I–

Singleton: So, you’d come off your street and got onto another street.

Zimmerman: Goes and cuts through the middle, my neighborhood.

Zimmerman: I didn’t know the name of the street, Um, or where he went so I got our of my car to look for the street sign and to see if I could see where he cut through so that I could tell the ****

Singleton: So after he circled his car he disappeared again?

Zimmerman: Um, then dispatcher told me that, “Where are you?” and I said “I’m trying to find out where he went.” And, he said, we don’t need you to do that. And I said, “Okay.” Uh, he said, “We already have a police officer en route.” And I said, “All right,” and I have gone where, through the dog walk where I normally walk my dog and walked back through to my stret, the street that loops around and he said, “We already have a police officer on the way,” so I said, “Okay.” I told–base said, “Would you like a police officer to meet you?” and I said, “Yes,” and I told him where my car was and the make and the model.

Zimmerman: So, I was walking through to where my car was and he jumped out from the bushes and he said, “What the *advertiser censored*ck’s your problem, homey?” and I got my cell phone out to call 911 at this time.

Zimmerman: And I said, “Hey man, I don’t have a problem,” and he goes, “No, now you have a problem,” and he punched me in the nose. At that point, I fell down, uh, I tried to defend myself. He just started punching me in the face, and, uh, I started screaming for help. I couldn’t see. I couldn’t breath. Then he started taking my **** –

Singleton: Were you still standing at this point?

Zimmerman: No, ma’am.

Zimmerman: I fell to the ground when he punched me the first time.

Zimmerman: I, it was dark. I didn’t even see him getting ready to punch me. As soon as he punched me, I fell backwards, um, into the grass and he grabbed me. He was wailing on my head and I, then, I started yelling help. When I started yelling help, he grabbed my head and he started hitting my head into the– I, I tried to sit up and I, and yell for help and then he grabbed my head and started hitting it into the sidewalk. Um, when he started doing that, I slid into the grass to try and get out from under him and so that he would stop hitting my head into the sidewalk and I’m still yelling for help. And, I could see people looking and some guy yells out, I’m calling 911 and I said, “Help me, help me. He’s killing me.” And he puts his hand on my nose and mouth and he says, “You’re gonna die tonight,” and I don’t remember much after that. I just remem, I couldn’t breath and then he still kept trying to hit my head against the pavement or I don’t know if there was a sign or what it was. So, I just, uh, when I slid, my jacket and my shirt came up and when he said, “You’re gonna die tonight,” I felt his hand go down on my side and I thought he was going for my firearm. So I grabbed it immediately and as he banged my head again, I just pulled out my firearm and shot him.

Singleton: Okay. And then what happened? Did he, he, you, you’re both on the ground?

Zimmerman: I’m on my back.

Singleton: And he’s on top of you?

Zimmerman: He’s on top of me.

Zimmerman: He’s mounted on top of me and I just shot him.

Zimmerman: And then he falls off and hels like all right, you got it. You got it.

Singleton: Does he fall to the side and he stays lying on the ground or does–

Zimmerman: I don’t ****, I, my vision was blurry–

Zimmerman: –and, uh–

Singleton: You didn’t feel him fall towards you? He somewhow ended up to one side or the other oryou don’t know?

Zimmerman: I don’t remember. He, I think when I shot him, it might have pushed him back but I remembe. I didn’t know what he was hitting [me with]. It felt like he was hitting me with bricks. So, I rememberI, once I shot him, I holstered my firearm, and I got on top of him and I held his hands down because he was still talking, and he, and, uh, I said, “Stay down. Don’t move,” and, uh, then somebody comes out and I couldn’t see. It was a flashlight in my head so I, I asked if it was a police officer and he said, no, it was a witness but he was calling the police, and I said, “The police are on their way. They should be here already ’cause I had called.

Zimmerman: And, uh, he’s like I’m calling the police and I said, “I don’t need you to call the police. I need you to help me with this guy.” And, uh, then an officer shows up. Again, he had a flashlight so I couldn’t see him and he asked me, uh, “Who shot this guy,” and I said, “I did,” and I put, I immediately put my hands on top of my head and I told the police officer where my firearm was and then he hendcuffed me and took me from there.

Singleton: Okay, after you, after you shot him, he said, “You got me?”

Zimmerman: Yeah.

Singleton: Okay, And then when you got on top, did he say anything else?

Zimmerman: He said, “Ow, ow.”

Singleton: When he was, okay, um, you said you were, you had walked back there.

Singleton: To try to find out where he went–

Singleton: –and you were already on the phone with dispatch at that point?

Singleton: You sad you called them from your car?

Singleton: Okay, so the whole itme you were on the phone?

Singleton: Were you still on the phone when he, when he came, when he jumped out?

Zimmerman: No.

Singleton: You had hung up?

Zimmerman: Yes.

. . . . .

. . .

George Zimmerman: I saw him coming at me and I went to grab my phone. I don’t remember if I had time to pull it out or not.

Investigator Singleton: Okay, you attempted to try to recall the –

George Zimmerman: To call the police.

Investigator Singleton: –to call the police, right.

George Zimmerman: 911 this time.

Investigator Singleton: Okay.

George Zimmerman: ’Cause the first time I called non-emergency.

Investigator Singleton: But you’re not sure if you actually got it out of your pocket or not? Oh, okay and that’s when it was, that’s when he slugged you.

George Zimmerman: He just hit me, yeah.

Investigator Singleton: And what did he say before that? You said, he asked you like something about, I said, you got a problem?

George Zimmerman: He said, “You got a problem, homey?” and I said, “I don’t have a problem.” And he said, “Now you have a problem.”

Investigator Singleton: Okay.

George Zimmerman: And that’s when he hit me.

Investigator Singleton: And that’s he struck you in the nose first.

George Zimmerman: Yes, ma’am.

Investigator Singleton: And that’s what knocked you down?

Investigator Singleton: Okay. And, this is all, this is, you’re saying this is behind the buildings, though?

Investigator Singleton: How, is there, are you sure, is it a patio that he’s hitting ’cause you said he’s hitting your head on a sidewalk.

George Zimmerman: No, no, it’s the, it’s the sidewalk.

Investigator Singleton: There’s a sidewalk behind–

George Zimmerman: Yes ma’am.

Investigator Singleton: --the buildins?

George Zimmerman: It’s a dog walk.

Investigator Singleton: Okay. . . . the dog walk is, is cement.

Investigator Singleton: Okay. Okay. Okay, so he’s hitting your head . . .

George Zimmerman: Yes, ma’am. As I went to sit up, then he grabbed me by the, the front of my head and started banging it into the–

Investigator Singleton: And that’s when you could look either to your left or right and you could see this guy? And you were saying help me?

George Zimmerman: I don’t remember. I screamed help me probably 50 times as loud as I could.

. . .

Speaker 1: Are you still [at this time] on the phone [police non-emergency number]–

Speaker 1: –with dispatch? Okay. Are you giving them a description of ***–

Speaker 1: –***? Okay. At, where does he go where you lose sight of him again?

George Zimmerman: He walked back into the darkness here.

Speaker 1: He went there? Okay. . . . By the time he gets here, you can’t see him.

George Zimmerman: Correct

Speaker 1: Okay, and you’re still in your car?

Speaker 1: And you’re watching him walk away?

Speaker 1: Okay, and then what happens?

George Zimmerman: The dispatcher asks me what direction he went on and exactly what address I was at.

. . .

Speaker 1: Okay. So you’re trying to figure out what street you’re on, okay. So you see him go here and then so what do you do to try to–

George Zimmerman: I got out of my vehicle to look at this house’s address and see if there was a sign there.

Speaker 1: Okay.

George Zimmerman: And there wasn’t.

George Zimmerman: So I walked through the dog walk to see if there was a sign here or an address that I could make out easier.

Speaker 1: Okay and then what happens?

George Zimmerman: The dispatcher asked me if I’m out of my car–

Speaker 1: Mm hmmm.

George Zimmerman: –and I said yes and they said do you know what direction he went in. I said no and they said are you following him and I said, I don’t, I don’t know, I don’t know where he went.

Speaker 1: Okay but you continue straight on the sidewalk–

Speaker 1: –up this side?

George Zimmerman: All the way through.

Speaker 1: And then what happens when you get there? You decided, you still don’t know whether, where you’re at?

George Zimmerman: I still don’t know where I was at–

George Zimmerman: –but I was able to give the dispatcher a description from the clubhouse.

Speaker 1: Mm hmm.

George Zimmerman: I said they come in straight in past the clubhouse and my car is right here.

. . .

Speaker 1: So you walked here and when you get here you realize, okay I’m just gonna go back to my car. Is that what happens or–

George Zimmerman: No. The dispatcher says, um, would you like a police officer to still come out ’cause I said I don’t know where he went.

George Zimmerman: He’s, ’cause he asked me for the fir, what direction they went in–

George Zimmerman: –what road and I said I don’t know where he went and they said, well do you still want a, uh, officer to meet you and I said yes and she, they said, where do you want them to meet you and I said at my car.

George Zimmerman: So I start walking back towards my car–

Speaker 1: Okay. Is this all dark in here?

Speaker 1: Okay. There’s no lighting back here anywhere–

George Zimmerman: No.

Speaker 1: –unless it comes from someone’s house–

George Zimmerman: Correct.

Speaker 1: –is that how it works? Okay and could you, is it all dark down here so–

Speaker 1: -you can’t see anything down here.

George Zimmerman: Unless there’s patio lights on.

Speaker 1: Okay so at what point and where from what bushes does he jump out?

George Zimmerman: It was somewhere around here.

Speaker 1: Okay. Do you know if the, is there bushes along this walkway or where are the bushes.

George Zimmerman: They’re all, they’re hedges around the, the sides and the back of the buildings.

Speaker 1: Okay. So you think it’s up here somewhere where the T is, where he jumps out?

Speaker 1: Okay. Do you remember, um, you were walking this way. Did he jump out in front of you from somewhere or did he–

George Zimmerman: I–

Speaker 1: –come up behind you? Do you remember?

George Zimmerman: I don’t recall.

Speaker 1: Okay but he was, from what you guess he was somewhere hiding at this T with the bush–

Speaker 1: –in the bushes when he jumps out. Okay and then where, where did, where’s where do you end up when he, when he, when you guys are on the ground and after all this has all ahppened. Where, where, could you ****–

George Zimmerman: He punched me in the face and I fell backwards and I don’t even know–

Speaker 1: You just know you’re somewhere in the area.

George Zimmerman: –I ended up. Yes ma’am.

. . .

Zimmerman’s own testimony can, of course, be seen as self-serving. Nevertheless, this is entirely legitimate evidence that the State must overcome if it is to prove Zimmerman guilty, beyond a reasonable doubt, of a crime in this case.

http://lawofselfdefense.com/zimmerm...back-zimmerman-recalls-fatal-fight-to-police/

Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 1m
Back to Serino: He says they headed to Serino's desk so he could play 911 calls for #Zimmerman. #Zimmermanon9

Serino plays the 911 call and asks, along with female investigator, GZ questions about what he says to the operator.

Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 1m
Serino asked GZ again why #TrayvonMartin looked suspicious. GZ said again TM seemed to be loitering though it was raining. #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 55s
The recording playing now is of #Zimmerman being questioned alongside what he said in his 911 call. #Zimmermanon9

Ryan Hughes - WFTV ‏@RHughesWFTV 4m
Serino says "it's not fear" to jump out of vehicle and follow someone. #ZIMMERMANon9.

State, asks Serino does he remember when GZ was listening to the 911 tape and he asks is that you? GZ says 'that doesn't even sound like me'.

Break....Bill S., the only interview he would have put in from the state is #4, the last one, where GZ is challenged about what he says.

Now, with all these statements in, GZ does not have to testify.

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 50s
Another sidebar! #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 1m
Juror E6 says interview audio hard to hear. Judge: it's entered into evidence; jury will have it for deliberations. #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 5m
Redacted from video we just watched: officer's positive comments about #TrayvonMartin's character. - @GWarmothWFTV #Zimmermanon9

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 7m
RT @WFTV: UPDATE: Officer: #GeorgeZimmerman didn't know he had killed #TrayvonMartin: http://at.wftv.com/11WR0ud

Kathi Belich, WFTV Kathi Belich, WFTV ‏@KBelichWFTV 10m
RT @RHughesWFTV: Court still in recess. #GeorgeZimmerman taken to private room. #ZIMMERMANon9.

Mike Schneider ‏@MikeSchneiderAP 2m
My colleague @Miamicurt makes the astute observation: interviews of GZ recounting his story makes it less necessary for him to testify.

Back from afternoon recess, which I neglected to mention & Serino is still on witness stand.

Mike Schneider Mike Schneider ‏@MikeSchneiderAP 12m
Police officers testify in George Zimmerman trial (from @AP) http://m.apnews.com/ap/db_289563/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=nwYeu2nZ …

Mike Schneider Mike Schneider ‏@MikeSchneiderAP 14m
It goes from a detective reassuring #georgezimmerman about concern he'd killed someone to suggesting Martin was creeped out being followed.

Mike Schneider Mike Schneider ‏@MikeSchneiderAP 18m
Most interesting takeaway from today's court session is in the increasing skepticism police detectives have with #georgezimmerman's account.

Mike Schneider Mike Schneider ‏@MikeSchneiderAP 37m
Police officers testify in George Zimmerman trial (from @AP) http://m.apnews.com/ap/db_268773/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=HXuRfGzV …

Mike Schneider Mike Schneider ‏@MikeSchneiderAP 42m
Jurors now listening to audio of Serino questioning #georgezimmerman about police call. Call is played as Serino asks for play-by-play.

Mike Schneider Mike Schneider ‏@MikeSchneiderAP 1h
#georgezimmerman once again recounting his version of events in yet another video interview. Detectives' questions are more pointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500