George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #14 Friday July 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did he have to run home to be safe from being shot?

IMO, Martin did not have to run home that night. His mistake was punching someone out. That is against the law.

Even a child knows that.

I've shot that type of gun before, and the recoil wasn't bad at all. Zimmerman is bigger than me, it should have been easy to handle.
My opinion of course. :twocents::twocents::twocents:

Others have called it "painful" and likened it to being kicked by a mule.
I posted the links previously as did others.
Also, he shot with his right, non dominant hand making it harder to control while struggling to "get a shot".

Zimmerman started the drive to the store without a bashed up face, he is seen on the bottom of a fight, he got up from the ground with a bashed up face.
All we know is Martin confronted him, and Martin likes to fight.
Unless someone has some proof that Zimmerman attacked Martin, which would have beeen presented if it existed, it must be considered self defense.
Honestly, if I was punched by someone, I would do whatever I could to stop the attack. The majority of people would fight back.

MOO :twocents:

I think the gunshot gun recoiled caused Zimmerman's injuries, not the victim.

I was 5 months pregnant and fired a shotgun while standing on a fallen tree. It knocked me off the tree, and even though it was fired while I was holding the gun with it on my shoulder next to my face. It did not hurt my face. The kick was a lot more powerful than what GZ's gun would have been.

OT

I can't believe O'Mara has the nerve to bring Trayvon's family into his closing. JMO. It upsets me.

Well, his injuries were pretty minor. It wouldn't be that hard to bang yourself up a little without being clearly seen. In the dark. MOO

Not saying GZ did that, because honestly he wasn't that badly hurt so his injuries don't really support self-defense anyway. No TM dna on the gun either. MOO

You don't need to sustain any injuries to be in fear of your life. Zero.

I've lost count how many times this has been posted today. It's in the statute.

No it has to prove that he murdered him with ill will yada yada yada, it is the defense who has to prove self defense IMO

No they don't. You may want to research this.

The defense has to prove nothing.

This is a problem with the American public, a lack of knowledge of where the burden of proof falls in the court room. It falls entirely on the state.

IMHO

I don't care much about Martin's past and I don't think he was a or anything but he did attack Zimmerman and unfortunately Zimmerman had no choice but to defend himself.

IMO.

TM may have been in great fear of bodily harm or death because GZ (a stranger) was following him, questioning him, harassing him.

That GZ was following him, questioning him are facts in evidence in this case.

TM may have thrown the first punch because he was scared.

Self-defense. Same law applies.

IMO, GZ more likely than not showed a glimpse of his gun to try to force TM to wait with him.

There is zero evidence that GZ did NOT threaten TMM...if fact we know he was following and questioning him.

There is no evidence that TM was afraid.
HE was home. He had 4 mins to get in the door lock it and be safe. He says he is AT his daddy's house. yet He was still out there and spoke to GZ first. AS per state witness RJ.

GZ lost him as per nen call and TM to RJ.

THere is nothing to suggest that TM was afraid. He called GZ names. Not names that lead to fear.

wow. are you claiming that BDLR used NO FACTS/EVIDENCE in his closing? really? so much for leaving emotion out and relying solely upon the law!

MOO

I'm just calling it like I saw it. I saw a whole bunch of referring to TM as a 'boy', lots of references to the Skittles, skipping around, talking in a voice mocking GZ, etc.

IMO

OT

I can't believe O'Mara has the nerve to bring Trayvon's family into his closing. JMO. It upsets me.

He's going through a synopsis of every single witness. I think to not mention the family would be extremely disrespectful.

As it is, i think he treated them with great deference when he spoke about them.

iMHO

I wasn't actually pertaining my quote to this but to another posters reply to a post I posted :blushing:

However, this fight between TM and GZ, NO ONE saw it from the beginning, no one. GZ played a part in the death of a unarmed teen and it needs to be explained and yet no one knows who started it. So we are going by what GZ claims happened.

No but Rj said she heard it start. Right after TM went up and questioned GZ. Right after he calls him an epithet.

I just tuned in to the trial and I notice that O'Mara is not screaming and yelling at the jury. Much more professional in my opinion.

I just can't believe Zimmerman was in fear of his life. That's my problem with accepting self-defense, and that for me is beyond a reasonable doubt. The bumps could have partly the shape of his head and there was still no bruising (interesting he has grown his hair now!), head wounds are vascualar so they bleed easily and yes he had a broken nose but that's it. He had no other bruises or injuries. That just can't constitute someone being in fear of his life.

Maybe in some ways my thinking is leftover from the JA case. However yes her case for self-defense was ridiculous, we (almost) all know that. And yes Zimmerman had *some* injuries but that's it....

I can't buy the self-defense and that's beyond a reasonable doubt for me which is why I think Zimmerman has to be guilty of something. Zimmerman was out to find Trayvon - he wasn't going to let this one get away IMO.

Btw, MOM's argument is better than the Bernie's IMO. Bernie was just too aggressive. I want Mantei to do rebuttal.

In any event, RIP Trayvon.

interesting comment there.

''that's the face of frustration" GZ was feeling...

one can only hope the state reminds jurors that this came from GZ's own defense attorney bc despite the whispered, sleep-inducing tone with which it was delivered, it speaks volumes.

MOO

JMO

O'Mara puts me to sleep. He's jumping all over the place. I'm a little relieved and praying those Mom's stick up for Trayvon and think 'what if it were their son'?

TM may have been in great fear of bodily harm or death because GZ (a stranger) was following him, questioning him, harassing him.

That GZ was following him, questioning him are facts in evidence in this case.

TM may have thrown the first punch because he was scared.

Self-defense. Same law applies.

IMO, GZ more likely than not showed a glimpse of his gun to try to force TM to wait with him.

There is zero evidence that GZ did NOT threaten TMM...if fact we know he was following and questioning him.

4 minutes of silences says no, that TM was in great bodily fear. Even if you believe every single word of RJ, that evidence does not lend to the fact that TM was in fear.

MarkOM using witness photos and reviewing each one of their testimonies is very effective. IMO

There was a female witness that testified she saw someone wearing red on top. Was that testimony thrown out? IMO

That was after the gunshot and Zimmerman had admitted to checking Martin for weapons. Before the gunshot, a witness testified that Martin was on top. moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304