George Zimmerman /Trayvon Martin General Discussion #14 Friday July 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate to say it. But there is probably a large number of "flash mobs" that are planning to do some late night partying and shopping regardless of any actual verdict. It's an excuse, nt a cause.

Please, all, let's pray that no matter what the verdict that no one else is injured or killed due to this case.

How come this board doesn't have other threads? Like an OT thread, a poll thread, etc? Just curious.

ETA: nix the poll thread, we have one! lol...

You don't need to receive any injuries to be in fear of your life.

Your absolutely right. So TM could have been in fear for his life. You know, someone repeatedly following you? Why does GZ have more rights then TM?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh I'm going to need a link on "gang members skipping"

Linda,

There is a whole culture and mannerism that goes on in this country that many are not aware of. That is why many thought that RJ was not creditable. What she said and the way she said things people from the street could see that she was telling the truth.

TM used two so called racial slurs toward GZ. It is the context of the word and the way he used them dictates if it was racial or not. Remember TM called GZ a Creepy @ss Cracker and then said Dis Ni**er is following me.

Both words are on the opposite end of the spectrum racially but on the same perspective when used in the descriptive form.

Depending on the region of the country peckerwood is the alternate word to cracker.

The cultures in America is something else.

Hello!

I didn't get to watch all of the closing arguments this morning. Did the DT show pics of TM smoking pot, holding a gun, or flipping off the camera?

Protestors (apparently all white) are gathered outside of the court house. Is the jury aware of this? I hope not. Interesting that the protestors have big fancy commercially produced signs. :rolleyes:

IMO.

01.jpg

So he changes aspects of the story. The core of the story itself has not changed though. They even hooked him up to a machine and he passed (I'm pretty sure of this). Is it not normal to change certain things because you can't remember them clearly (for good reason IMO)?

The core of the story doesn't have room to change. It happened in such a small time frame and no one can dispute the fact that GZ killed TM, not even GZ. Those small aspects and the fact that GZ feels the need to alter them hold a lot of weight for me, IMO. GZ's demeanor is very reserved and devoid of emotion. That may have given him an advantage during a lie detector test. There's a reason lie detector tests are not included during trials. They can't be relied on. And certainly you would know a skip from a run.

Actually the "skipped" makes sense given some other testimony. Remember RJ was telling TM on the phone to run away and she said he claimed he would walk? What that tells me is he wanted to run, but pride wouldn't let him, so he was doing that fast walk / not quite run that teenage males are prone to do. Which can often be interpreted as skipping.

I don't know if it was exactly skipping, but GZ doesn't to seem to have an extensive vocabulary when speaking about physical activity. A person can sprint (over 10 mph), run (6-10 mph), jog (4-6mph), speed walk (3-4mph), and walk (under 3 miles). Those are general ranges, some people can speed walk over 5mph or walk aound 3.5-4mph. TM might have been between speed walking and jogging and to GZ in the dark it may have appeared as skipping. It looks like skipping to me, when some people do it. Has no one ever seen hurdlers or sprints during warm ups? They are skipping to get warmed up.

IMO

I just hope this jury gets it right and votes not guilty on all charges.

Thank God we have an appeals process.

IN MY OPINION

I hope the jury gets it right and finds him guilty of 2nd degree or manslaughter. JMO

You're right thanks! Yeah, that doesn't make sense that Trayvon was doing that and there's no way of knowing that's what GZ meant.

I agree, it does not make sense, and there's no way of knowing what GZ meant, but in my opinion. I don't think skipping was involved. IMO, JMO

Hello!

I didn't get to watch all of the closing arguments this morning. Did the DT show pics of TM smoking pot, holding a gun, or flipping off the camera?

Come on you know the answer to that...:aktion1:

Sure, there is no proof of instigation by GZ.

So I can follow someone, have a confrontation with them, and as long as I let them throw the first punch I can shoot them? Dunno, sounds alarming to me.

How come this board doesn't have other threads? Like an OT thread, a poll thread, etc? Just curious.

ETA: nix the poll thread, we have one! lol...
This issue is too volatile. A mod is needed at all times the thread is open.
We are blessed to have THIS one.

This issue is too volatile. A mod is needed at all times the thread is open.
We are blessed to have THIS one.

What a shame. It would be nice to have an OT thread or something because there is only one gear in this one which is ARGUE! and it gets kind of tiresome.

Protestors (apparently all white) are gathered outside of the court house. Is the jury aware of this? I hope not. Interesting that the protestors have big fancy commercially produced signs. :rolleyes:

IMO.

01.jpg

Communist party group, probably there just to draw attention to themselves, imo. There is a "media village" to play too. MOO

If you have any type of pistol, less than 2 foot away from your face, elbow and wrist bent, one handed, it's going to kick back into your face. I'm talking about the facial injuries. And they don't cover his entire face if you look at the cop shop photos.
Seriously, facial injuries from a 10 gauge or 30.06? :floorlaugh: Where was this individual placing the butt of this weapon? Uh, I place it in front and up against my shoulder, but it doesn't matter whether it's a 10, 20 gauge, 30.06, or Mossberg 590, they all have some sort of kick/recoil,but I'm 5'1 and 105 lbs. I have never seen anyone get facial injuries from a shotgun or rifle so that's a new one on me.
JMO

If there were scientific evidence that could back up the far-fetched theory that GZ's broken nose was the result of recoil, without a doubt the prosecution would have presented it. No evidence was presented to show that GZ's broken nose could have resulted from recoil. As this is a trial discussion thread, can we please put that theory to rest. JMO. OMO. MOO.

Regardless of the verdict, I'm swearing off these trials. I said that after the Anthony trial, but stuck my nose into this one about a week after it started. I'm wasting far too much time on something that can be so nerve-wracking plus I'm not getting any work done. :crazy:

Personally, if I was a juror, I would have wanted to hear from good-citizen GZ myself. I know he had no legal obligation to do so, but when a person claims self-defense, isn't it said time and time again with other trials that it's necessary to put the defendant on the stand?

JMO, but in most cases the defendant lawyers up and doesn't talk to LE. That was not the case here. GZ had already given his account of what happened .

If it's a 2nd degree murder conviction, can we agree to stop following Florida trials? :floorlaugh:

No! If anyone airs the upcoming trials where we have Jeff Ashton's office prosecuting some Crump & Parks clients for manslaughter in a horrific hazing on a band bus you have got to watch.

Your absolutely right. So TM could have been in fear for his life. You know, someone repeatedly following you? Why does GZ have more rights then TM?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is MY OPINION ONLY but I think the reason TM bashed GZ a few times is because either GZ brandished the weapon or told TM he had a gun.

I just cannot imagine GZ getting that far into a confrontation and not using his gun (or even the fact that he had it).

He had that gun for a reason, IMO, and it was because he wanted to use it. Only TM got a few punches in before he did. Maybe he only wanted to use it as a show of power over one of thsoe "punks" and didn't really want to kill soemone, but damn, he wanted that gun to make him a big man. IMO And when you pull a gun out at a fist fight, you are fully responsible for what happens because of that. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa