George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General discussion #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love that I learn so much about the law, even if it is state by state by watching the cases. I am a closet Law Junkie... :)

I am always confused about prior acts issues. Sometimes they seem to be allowed in and some times not. But I love seeing the process and where it leads.

WOW! Did not know that Zimmerman originally bought his gun to shoot his neighbor's dog. (per Prosecutor).

That's a lie, He did NOT originally buy a gun just to shot his neighbor's dog, He bought it because he asked a LE officer how to deal with a dog that was being aggressive and the LE officer told him to buy a gun in order to protect himself.

The Prosecution is LYING big time and they have NO case.

All the evidence has been online for over a year.

For once, a defendant is telling the truth. I totally believe George.

WOW! Did not know that Zimmerman originally bought his gun to shoot his neighbor's dog. (per Prosecutor).

This is not the whole story nor true.. He bought the gun for protection after being menaced by a neighborhood pit bull. Not to go out and just shoot a dog. And they took courses and got licensed.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/2...ll-reportedly-led-zimmerman-wife-to-get-guns/

"George Zimmerman bought pepper spray, but when he called Seminole County Animal Services to complain about the dog, the officer who responded had this advice for him:

"Don't use pepper spray," he told the Zimmermans, according to a friend. "It'll take two or three seconds to take effect, but a quarter second for the dog to jump you," he said.
"Get a gun."
After completing handgun training, both George and Shellie Zimmerman bought pistols, Francescani reports."

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national/2012/04/why-george-zimmerman-got-gun/51579/

btw, for anyone wondering he called 46 times total to 911, not 200 something.

I think if we make sure there is MSM back up and good valid reports for comments we will do much better.

Lets take a moment to make sure what we are posting is true or at least has a report with facts in MSM.

This hearing is interesting. The prior tapes of Zimmerman calling about "we have had burglaries in our neighborhood" and then he said " the guy is going behind ???" the same thing he said on February 26, 2012. A pattern of script of accusations, word for word, accusing suspicious "black guys".

JMHO, I hope they are brought in as prior pattern of behavior as what happen on the night of Feb. 26th and not a one time event.

Again, MOO

I don't think I can recall a case where opinion and assumption are so much intermingled with fact, whether it has to do with events that did or did not take place or the law itself. I think that is what leads to argument.

That seems like an awful of times (46). JMHO

It was over a course of several years, no a year, just in case anyone is wondering.

It is a lot so you could either say he was being really annoying or he was just being a caring neighbor.

I've called police 3 times during daytime hours just the past several months and I am not on NW. It all depends on the circumstances. imo

This hearing is interesting. The prior tapes of Zimmerman calling about "we have had burglaries in our neighborhood" and then he said " the guy is going behind ???" the same thing he said on February 26, 2012. A pattern of script of accusations, word for word, accusing suspicious "black guys".

JMHO, I hope they are brought in as prior pattern of behavior as what happen on the night of Feb. 26th and not a one time event.

Again, MOO

How do you know what is in the prior tapes? We haven't even heard them.

I think that amount of times he called is irrelevant. If you have had burglaries and are concerned about more, You are going to call as many times as you see someone that you don't know or lurking in the neighborhood.

I still do not see how this is a bad thing. They were being robbed and he is CALLING POLICE. Not going out and approaching people, Not confronting people.. Just calling the police and letting them do their job.

This supports his defense if you ask me.

This was over a period of years - from 2004-2012....and he apparently lived in an area with a lot of crime (8 burglaries in 14 months). And he was on the neighborhood watch which meant he was supposed to report suspicious activity. Given those pieces of information - it doesn't seem excessive to me.

I think that amount of times he called is irrelevant. If you have had burglaries and are concerned about more, You are going to call as many times as you see someone that you don't know or lurking in the neighborhood.

I still do not see how this is a bad thing. They were being robbed and he is CALLING POLICE. Not going out and approaching people, Not confronting people.. Just calling the police and letting them do their job.

This supports his defense if you ask me.

I 100% agree.

Unless he is heard on tape threatening to hurt of kill people, then these are irrelevant.

if the dog is being aggressive, I would say you need a gun to protect yourself.

How many horrible do attacks could have been stopped if only that person had a gun on them.? I bet it would be a lot.

I was bit by a dog as a child. IT was a cocker spaniel of all things.. And it was scary.. If I had a scary big dog like a pit bull that seemed to be aggressive in my neighborhood, You bet I would do something..

I had to call Animal Control on my Neighbors 3 times because their dog kept getting out and and he would run right up to my kids and growl at them. I would have had no problem hurting the dog to save my kids if I had to.

I think that is a basic human response.

Again, MOO

I would think the previous calls - especially those in which no perpetrator was caught by police - would be relevant as to where GZ's "these *advertiser censored**holes always get away" comment came from.

There was also a older call GZ made in which he pursued a driver he perceived to be dangerous - I don't think there is a recording of that one, but I remember reading the police report on it.

Unfortunately the Sanford PD has changed their website and removed much of the information they had. For instance they had a search engine on their site to look up previous police reports - I looked up the previous burglaries there last year. Now their crime stats are on an outside site that does not go back that far and that does not include links to actual reports. I had copied a lot of the reports, but I must have deleted that folder because I no longer have my Trayvon Martin folder.

How do you know what is in the prior tapes? We haven't even heard them.

I based it on the first tape played to the jury. I would infer the rest of the tapes they used have the same thing on them to show a pattern. JMHO

Why was GZ so reluctant to give out his address on the 911/Sherriff's calls? And gave fake addresses.

It is not like the suspicious perp could hear him on the phone.

Did he think somehow this information would be given to the supposed criminals and they would retaliate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998