George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General discussion #3

Discussion in 'George Zimmerman Trial/Trayvon Martin' started by Tricia, Jun 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jane Jetson

Jane Jetson New Member

BBM: That's a big "if."

2. m00c0w

m00c0w Well-Known Member

My point is that "It looks like minor injuries" doesn't mean that there was not a fracture, or something not readily apparent.

3. Karmady

Karmady Former Member

He's not charged with stalking, so it doesn't matter whether anyone thinks it qualifies as stalking under Florida law. I don't think it does. Not by a long shot.

4. PrincessSezMe

PrincessSezMe Rest in Peace

Sounds to me like her story is pretty well the same as what she testified to in court today. I would be more worried if her story was word for word the same, and sounded scripted. I think she told the truth as she remembered it. TM ran, thought he lost the guy following him, was then cornered and a confrontation ensued. She lost contact with him, and didn't hear from him again.

IMO she's not a discredited witness at this point. Just a nervous teenager who didn't want to be there. I guess we'll see what the DT brings out tomorrow.

5. Linda7NJ

Linda7NJ Well-Known Member

I would have no problem shooting him if he grabbed me. Ear witness says she heard TM say "get off me" twice. I'm more apt to believe GA did try to detain TM. George's own description makes zero sense.

6. rabidstoat

rabidstoat Active Member

She did sound frustrated. I can imagine her thinking: "You idiot, I have eyes, you have eyes, everyone has eyes, I don't want to be here today, I sure as <bleep> don't want to be here tomorrow, are you seriously going to waste my time reading every single start-and-stop in the phone conversations, what does it even MATTER get on with it!"

She sounded like a teenager, and a bit immature at that -- and I mean 'immature' in the sense of 'not emotionally as mature as others her age might be right now', not in a derogatory sense. I think she was candid, inappropriately so for a court of law but that's what you get, it is what it is.

Anyway, I'm rambling, but I think the questions about things not directly related to the phone call are made because, even though the witnesses aren't on trial, the jury is instructed that they need to decide how much trust to put in what they say: you can believe all of it, or none of it, or parts of it. So the prosecution wants to prove that she's credible, and the defense will want to prove that she isn't. It sucks for the witness (well, assuming they're not a paid expert witness who knows what they're getting into presumably) but that's how it works. Barring magical lie detectors, people need to make the assessment of who to believe somehow.

7. m00c0w

m00c0w Well-Known Member

That is not what I asked. Others have stated that someone merely following them would put them in fear of their life. I am asking based on that, and that alone.

Thanks.

8. iluvmua

iluvmua Well-Known Member

He also could have knocked on the nearest door for help also.

9. m00c0w

m00c0w Well-Known Member

Here is a better image of his nose where you can clearly tell it's offset in the middle:

[​IMG]

10. Linda7NJ

Too handy IMO... Right along with his two flashlights.

11. claudicici

claudicici Well-Known Member

I was followed and raped when I was 13.I still don't believe in carrying guns.Carry a tazer. I would absolutely without a doubt advice any teenager who has the strength to fight like crazy if he's being followed.I don't believe in killing people,not even in self defense.Life is precious.

12. Nymeria

Nymeria Active Member

O/T- Sleuth I love your new avi!
    That lil guy is the ****!
    Can you believe the owner of that lil (now deceased :( ) guinea sold that suit for $24,000?

13. Linda7NJ

Lets say you're sitting in a bar and decide to pick a fight with someone, and they hit you, do you now have the right to kill him?

14. kimlynn

kimlynn Former Member

There is no evidence that would support that GZ was beaten down.He had a swollen nose and a few abrasions on his head.
    This wasn't just someone being near.TM may have been in defensive mode due to his fear of GZ.Wouldn't you be in fear of a strange man watching you and following you as well.
    You can't shoot and kill a person for a punch in the nose or a few abrasions after you caused the contact via pursuit of the person.
    IMO

15. raine1212

raine1212 Former Member

Closing in 10 mins

16. iluvmua

Sorry that happened to you.

I would if I had to , JMO

17. IzzyBlanche

IzzyBlanche Well-Known Member

Just jumping off, not directed at you:

Didn't George claim in one of his accounts that Trayvon went for the gun?

18. m00c0w

m00c0w Well-Known Member

Nope.

<modsnip>

19. iluvmua

You do if you have no way to retreat and they are bashing your head against the sidewalk and they also broke your nose.

IMO

20. Moonie

Moonie New Member

Just curious, would you feel that way if it were your child put in this situation?

I think this was an unfortunate turn of events. I'm still not sure what exactly happened, but as of right now, I don't feel like someone should have been killed over it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.