George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General discussion #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
bbm do you mean a death sentence for TM???

No, I mean a death sentence for Zimmerman. As I stated.

IMO Martin had no legal right to launch any attack, much less a potentially fatal one, on Zimmerman based on what we know so far.

He's innocent of the murder charge, but is he COMPLETELY innocent?

I don't think so.

I don't think, IMO, it's as simple as he got out of his truck, he was told to go back, and he did and then Martin attacked him. George at the very least confronted him and, IMO, continued to pursue him.

The State has already said that they have no evidence of who confronted whom. Gilbreath testified to it.

I watched her testimony today and she did not say GZ was grabbing TM's collar or jacket. Also when was GZ 'chasing' TM? She did not say that. She said TM stated GZ was watching him and later following him. At one point in her testimony she stated TM said he was behind his daddy's house -- so how did he get himself back over by GZ's vehicle?

he wasn't back at the vehicle, he was 700 ft from his house - and she said the last thin TM said was get off of me, which imo makes me beileve that some how GM has put his hands on him - and if what she said was true do you still think TM was the agressor??

kaRN,
Zimmerman also stated during the walk through that his wife is a nursing student and she went to work on him when he got home. Perhaps she is the one that diagnosed his broken nose and that he needed one or two stitches for the back of his head.

Exactly. And really would it have been so difficult for Zimmerman to simply say something to the effect of I am with the neighborhood watch? That would have diffused the situation and then nothing more would have happened that night. Trayvon would not have been shot and killed and Zimmerman would not be on trial for 2nd degree murder.

MOO
So, someone not identifying himself quickly enough is justification to (allegedly) batter them?

I would think that shooting a minor for a punch in the nose might also be considered a crime.
Time will tell.
I tend to think that GZ was feeling brave with the knowledge that he had his weapon to use if any problems arose so indeed did confront Martin and possibly tried to detain him/hence the possible punch in the nose from Martin.
IMO

I disagree.
I believe it was justifiable. Self defense.

So, someone not identifying himself quickly enough is justification to (allegedly) batter them?

If someone is following me, first in their vehicle and then on foot, and I ask them why they are following me and they refuse to answer me then I will be in fear of my life and I would perhaps hit them in order to get away. Trayvon gave Zimmerman the perfect opportunity to say who he was and why he was following him and Zimmerman refused. Zimmerman NEVER identified himself to Trayvon at all so the "quickly enough" part is void IMO.

If someone is following me, first in their vehicle and then on foot, and I ask them why they are following me and they refuse to answer me then I will be in fear of my life and I would perhaps hit them in order to get away. Trayvon gave Zimmerman the perfect opportunity to say who he was and why he was following him and Zimmerman refused. Zimmerman NEVER identified himself to Trayvon at all so the "quickly enough" part is void IMO.
In fear of your life, based on what? The fact that they are near you?

Zimmerman may have never been given a chance since it appears he was hit shortly after he asked what Martin was doing there.

IMO

After LE handcuffed him did they allow Zimmerman to brush the grass off of his jacket? Did LE brush off the back of his jacket for him? If not then where did the grass go? And would there not be grass stains on the back of the jacket if Zimmerman's story was true about "squirming" while on his back to get his head off of the sidewalk?

Please note that I used "squirming" since that is the word Zimmerman used during the LE walk through.

Good point. If the struggle was so intense, it doesn't really look that way. There also isn't any grass in GZ's hair on the photo shots of the back of his head before the injuries were cleaned. Not a speck of dirt or grass. But in the photos GZ did have mud on the front toe area of his shoes. I also found it odd that the Arizona Tea can was still in perfect condition after all was said and done. Not a dent in the can. And it was still in Trayvon's front shirt pocket when the officer arrived. There's just so much about this case that is unexplainable or head scratch worthy. I feel sorry for the jury. I sat on a jury for a week in an immanent domain case. I was so exhausted after it ended. I can't imagine being on a case of this magnitude.

No, it would not....

Rachel said he was right by his father's place

He had more than enough time to get back to where he was staying well before GZ got off the phone.

IMO

But she didn't know how close or where exactly and neither do we really with certainty.

In fear of your life, based on what? The fact that they are near you?

Zimmerman may have never been given a chance since it appears he was hit shortly after he asked what Martin was doing there.

IMO

Based on the fact that they are following me. First in their vehicle and then running after me on foot.

a 30 something year old man gets out of his car and chases a teenager thru the dark backyard area of the town homes - can you really tell me you don't think TM didn't feel that was an imminent threat??? especially when tm asked gz why was he following him and gz wouldn't tell him??? how would he know this was not some crazy psycho??

George responded with "What are you doing around here".

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1203/20/cnr.03.html

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Trayvon said what are you following me for? Then the man said, what you doing around here? Then somebody pushed Trayvon because the headset just fell.

She's lying and lying BIG time.

TM had the right to ask a question; I never said he did not.

I'm glad that you can see that.He also had the right(IMO) to defend himself against a stranger that seemed intent on hunting him down for reasons unknown to TM.
IMO

Where did the bump go during the time it took to get to the police station then? Perhaps (although I have not seen this in the EMT report) the EMTs stuffed Zimmerman's nose to stop the bleeding and that caused the "swollen" appearance.

Simply because those are not the full-resolution pictures and there are clearly compression artifacts from the video feed.

I'm glad that you can see that.He also had the right(IMO) to defend himself against a stranger that seemed intent on hunting him down for reasons unknown to TM.
IMO
People have been convicted of murder for shooting a person that pulled a knife on them.

Beating someone down that was near you is not a valid argument.

IMO

I never said he was charged with stalking. That doesn't mean he didn't stalk TM or all the other suspicious people walking thought his neighborhood. He did stalk TM that night, by all the definitions presented in the last case we followed where we agreed that JA stalked TA.
She was charged for murder not stalking. GZ is charged with murder not stalking.

Bouncing off of your post kaRN.

When I was young and if somebody was really following me, I would call it stalking even if it was a one time occurence. I had a car follow me, turn where I turned every time. I was scared. Thought I was being stalked. Turned out it was my sister having some fun with me and I was so scared that I did not recognize her or her car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong