George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General discussion #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
not a crime if you're scared enough !

everything Trayvon did WAS a crime.

So just because he is scared it is not a crime if he punched someone in the nose, broke it and bashed someone's head into the concrete????

I feel very bad for this young lady. It's obvious she's pretty traumatized and hasn't dealt with what happened. I'm not very familiar with her background but it seems clear she hasn't gotten the support and help she needs.

Did the Martin family attorney really release a recording of her interview to the media without her consent? I can't imagine why she might have any issue with authority at this point after all of that.

Her "The First 48" logic sounded spot on for an 18 year old might approach this situation. I'm past 30 and can't imagine how I would handle testifying at a murder trial. Let alone how I would have handled it at 18/19 without any support.

Bouncing off of your post kaRN.

When I was young and if somebody was really following me, I would call it stalking even if it was a one time occurence. I had a car follow me, turn where I turned every time. I was scared. Thought I was being stalked. Turned out it was my sister having some fun with me and I was so scared that I did not recognize her or her car.
You would call it stalking. The definition by Florida law would not.

Considering he was conducting a lawful activity if he did not threaten, assault, or batter Martin... Yes, he would be completely innocent if the defense's side of the story is true.

Him being stupid and getting out of his truck to try and help police find where Martin was going should not be a death sentence.

:moo:

That's a big if but either way it was a death sentence for the minor he was stalking and dare I say if the DT story is true- provoking, wasn't it.

Belated :welcome: Moonie!

Thanks! Thank you to everyone who welcomed me today! :tyou:

I really like how everyone is respectful of each others opinions regardless of which side they may take. And very good points being made here. I'm very impressed with all of you thus far!

That's a big if but either way it was a death sentence for the minor he was stalking and dare I say if the DT story is true- provoking, wasn't it.
He was not stalking Martin, per Florida law.

You would call it stalking. The definition by Florida law would not.

Sorry but you're wrong.
http://www.flsenate.gov/laws/statutes/2011/784.048
784.048 Stalking; definitions; penalties.—
(1) As used in this section, the term:
(a) “Harass” means to engage in a course of conduct directed at a specific person that causes substantial emotional distress in such person and serves no legitimate purpose.
(b) “Course of conduct” means a pattern of conduct composed of a series of acts over a period of time, however short, evidencing a continuity of purpose. Constitutionally protected activity is not included within the meaning of “course of conduct.” Such constitutionally protected activity includes picketing or other organized protests.
(c) “Credible threat” means a threat made with the intent to cause the person who is the target of the threat to reasonably fear for his or her safety. The threat must be against the life of, or a threat to cause bodily injury to, a person.

Lots more at link :rockon:

In fear of your life, based on what? The fact that they are near you?

Zimmerman may have never been given a chance since it appears he was hit shortly after he asked what Martin was doing there.

IMO

...based on a grown man watching and following a teenager of course that's super creepy and I would be scared for my life.

You said he was stalking him when there is no evidence of that.

That's because she WAS stalking Travis. This is a totally different case.

If you are going to say that George was even stalking him, You need evidence to back up your claim.

JMO

George FOLLOWED him, even after he was told not to.
If George reported to NEN a suspicious kid walking in the rain and stayed with his vehicle waiting for LE to arrive...all of this could have been avoided.

For real? What circumstances in this case affect her? She is not the 16yo girlfriend too traumatized and in the hospital to attend the funeral. She did not call back her good friend to see what happened. She didn't call back that night or the next day or even the day after that. She was completely rude and disrespectful to a court of law.

That's anoter odd thing. They're on the phone for hours and sending hundreds of texts, then a strange potential rapist/cracker approaches him, phone goes dead and...she doesn't call back? At all? For days?

Trayvon initiated verbal contact because he was being followed/felt harassed.

Yes, but you have also stated things that are not in evidence as fact, such as Trayvon went for the gun. That's important to qualify because there is so much assumption being made.

you know in all my self defense classes i've taken - the first thing they tell you is if you are being followed that you should turn around and confront them and yell why are you following me, and most of the time that scares your possible assailant because they are not expecting it, and i know at least 1 time - it did work for me

You know, the actress at a Canadian ski resort that had a pretty simple fall and felt and looked fine after... Refused to go to the hospital... Died a few hours later.

What it "looks" like has no impact on severity.

People have been convicted of murder for shooting a person that pulled a knife on them.

Beating someone down that was near you is not a valid argument.

IMO, and respectfully asking, what did Trayvon pull, the Skittles or the AZ. Ice Tea?

...based on a grown man watching and following a teenager of course that's super creepy and I would be scared for my life.

Let's introduce this litmus test:

Would you have killed Zimmerman if he was following you, as he allegedly did Martin? Would you have shot him after he said "What are you doing around here?"

Zimmerman on the calls and when he has spoken in court seems to have a pretty mellow type of voice. I guess maybe he could've spoken differently to Trayvon, but every wittness that says they heard a boy and a man makes me wonder who had the deeper voice. I have known some young men who had deep voices.

This case is sad and honestly I am undecided. The states case hasn't been to impressive imo. I do know more is coming and who knows what tomorrow will bring.I feel bad that a young man died and I don't think he deserved it, but if I were on the jury it would take a lot more to convict him of second degree. Maybe I will change my mind, but from everything I have seen I think manslaughter may even be difficult.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

No, it would not....

Rachel said he was right by his father's place

He had more than enough time to get back to where he was staying well before GZ got off the phone.

IMO

i swear i am not being snarky but it sounds like you are saying because he stopped running and was walking home, because he didn't get there fast enuff b4 GZ could catch him, then its his faut cuz he didn;t run away fast enuff??

everything Trayvon did WAS a crime.

So just because he is scared it is not a crime if he punched someone in the nose, broke it and bashed someone's head into the concrete????

well,you're saying it's not a crime to KILL someone if you have a (allegedly) broken nose and scratches on the back of your head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow