George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General Discussion Thread #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh okay. I see what you mean. I think RJ was asked what were they talking about while she was on the stand, but I don't recall her giving a definitive answer or anything that really stands out in my mind. I'd have to go back and listen to her testimony again. Maybe someone else here remembers what her answer to that question was.

My 17 year old daughter talks or texts to people all day long.From what I understand Trayvon hasn't had contact with her for awhile and they just started talking again.IMO by the way how embarrassed she was when she thought they read their text messages they were trying to hook up or did hook up even though Trayvon had a girlfriend.I don't understand why people keep questioning why it took Trayvon so long to get home when RJ clearly stated he was standing by the mailboxes waiting for the rain to slow down.
All the while being watched by some creep.
I don't understand why the same posters that think Trayvon attacked GZ first also claim he was not scared.If he was not scared why in the world would he have attacked Gz?I also think it's ridiculous to question why he didn't call 911.I don't know any teenage boy that would call 911.Of course you don't want to look like a wimp.he already ran from him but indicating to R he's just gonna walk fast.Again proof that he was scared but did not want to look like a coward.

I have never seen that entire show but I saw snippets of it last night because it had been advertised earlier in the day. I was shocked by the "God's will," comment. It told me a lot about Mr. Zimmerman.

Oh yes ! Sounds like blasphemous. He also asked Doris ? , the police officer, about the cross she was wearing.....The workings of his mind are frightening IMO

Off topic: Can someone tell me what BBM means? I'm fairly new to this site and I feel left out every time I see it mentioned. Do me a solid and fill me in please and thank you :).

Off topic: Can someone tell me what BBM means? I'm fairly new to this site and I feel left out every time I see it mentioned. Do me a solid and fill me in please and thank you :).

Bolded by me. It's used to point out the portion of the quote that you bolded for emphasis.

Is anybody getting anything out of the defenses second time around on this testimony? imo

No, and I don't think they are either...but I bet the Jury is getting a collective headache. This is the most uselessly repetitive defense team I've ever seen. Tedious beyond compare.

They really expect to finish today?

The PROS said earlier that they would try to finish today or no later than Friday morning. The Judge stated that she was prepared to stay late today if needed so to try and get it done today. Doesn't look like that's going to happen though.

Have they stated they are going to call another witness?

What bothers me about the prosecution is when they have no evidence of something they seem to start making up scenarios not in evidence..

OMO

See ya'll on Friday, God willing..
A safe and sane and fun 4th of July to all!!
Enough trial today for me....but see light at the end of the tunnel for Prosecution. Many dots connected in the last two days.:seeya:

"It had to have contact with TM.. "

MAybe GZ had his arm up fending off blows.

Maybe TM spitting at GZ..

Maybe maybe maybe...

UGH!

OMO

Is anybody getting anything out of the defenses second time around on this testimony? imo

For the record, I didn't get anything reliable on either side's go-at-it.

I recall the testimony of the expert witness regarding an odor of mold and ammonia. In my mind, that suggests that the evidence was not properly preserved, which calls into question, IMO, the viability of the DNA evidence on TM's garments.

No, I'm not speaking of Mr. Taaffe. He's not the only neighbor with those sentiments by any means. IMO

Goodman was a reluctant witness.....in hiding, no media exposure, you are making claims against him that he is racist and committed perjury, do you have insider information none of us here have heard of???

That's a pretty egregious claim if not true.

If Trayvon was on the phone all day with a girl he had no romantic interest in - hanging up calling back hanging up calling back hanging up calling back - what WAS the topic of that conversation that both of them continued all day long?

I don't think it was just to hear her voice.

So my musing is, was he getting information from her that was making him anxious or very angry? To me, it's relevant.

IMHO

Respectfully snipped..

Ok, I kind of LOL'd at your "just to hear her voice". Her testimony was not the most fun 8 hours of trial that I ever watched :)

One of my problems with her is that she was so utterly turned off by having to be involved. Now believe me, I understand that anybody who is involved in this mess is having a rough time of it. And I really do feel for all of them.

But allegedly, Trayvon was a good friend of hers. If I believed that somebody killed my friend, and I had proof to support it, I would move mountains to help get that person convicted. But I also understand that I can't compare myself to her. We are different people and likely handle situations differently. But it does register on my hinky meter.

She fought the process tooth and nail prior to trial and fought the process the entire time on the stand. IMO, she made it worse for herself. If she just simply answered the darn questions without being so rude and disgusted, it would have gone a lot smoother for her and she would have potentially helped her friend more.

This is only my speculation, but based on her behavior since this whole thing happened, I seriously question if they really were good friends. I think the word "good" may have been thrown in there to make her seem more credible in knowing what Trayvon was capable of or not.

She has credibility issues in my eyes and that is not good for the prosecution. I was floored to hear so many talking heads on TV defend her rude attitude in court, explaining away that she was a child. You are a young adult at 19, not a child. She should be held responsible for her demeanor in court. As to her articulation, that is a different story. I would never ridicule anybody for their manner of speech. She is who she is and I will not criticize that. My beef is with the attitude.

IMO

Goodman was a reluctant witness.....in hiding, no media exposure, you are making claims against him that he is racist and committed perjury, do you have insider information none of us here have heard of???

That's a pretty egregious claim if not true.

Plus, it means he perjured himself since he just testified that he didn't know either one of them...among other things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wulongfei125