George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin General discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
The defense doesn't want this to happen since they don't want all of his prior 911 calls to come in. IMO!

I think good ruling and solution. Sounds like a good way to resolve.

When I click on the Real Time thread link at the top of this page or go to my history where I WAS in that thread earlier, only this same thread opens for me. Is it me, or is this happening to others also?

I posted a few posts that never showed up- they must be bogged down here?

Wow the 911 operator on witness stand actually seems competent. My apologies!

I keep wondering about an odd point..one about the law. And since I am not a lawyer perhaps somone can weigh in. When someone is accused of murder and they claim self defense Is it improper to call the deceased the victim before a verdict is rendered?If the jury finds GZ not gulity hen they have in fact said TM was not a victim. I'm wondering about this because the judge just ruled that TM's parents can be in the court room becuase they are the "victim's" family.

I don't think they should be brought in.. State of mind 6 months ago has nothing to do with this night.
Exactly. Just like Martin's tweets and photographs do not necessarily mean anything about that night, Zimmerman's previous phone calls do not either.

I have posted the aerial photo for you...and if you want, can post a picture from the ground area.

These are basically apartment type buildings. Multiple unit buildings in a large complex.

These areas were all common areas. The only "private" areas are their front driveway and a back concrete patio.

They have already pointed out that where this happened was near a "dog station" or something like that. Probably where there was a sign and dog poop bags? That's how I took it anyway.

That is CLEARLY a common area. I don't know how anyone could see it as otherwise. As I pointed out, I grew up in a townhome with only one common wall and it was our garage. But our private yard was behind a fence.

The large grass areas were common areas and I could play on any of them in the complex at any time!

Even if this is the case. And you know basically who lives in your complex and does not. If I saw a redheaded girl standing on my neighbors front lawn at night in the rain, It is going to be suspicious to me.

super,i tune in after getting kids to bed and they are going to recess. just my luck :facepalm: back to storage wars i go

What's the State trying to prove with the previous 911 calls? That he was annoying?

I keep wondering about an odd point..one about the law. And since I am not a lwayer perhaps somone can weigh in. When someone is accused of murder and thye claim self defense case..It's it improper to call the deceased the victim before a verict is rendered?If the jury finds not gulity for GZ then they have in fact said TM was not a victim. I'm wondering about this becuase the judge just ruled that TM's parents can be in the court room becuase they are the "vivtims" family.

I wondered about that too. I think it's pretty bad to call him a victim before this is decided, it frames it for the jury in a way favorable to the prosecutors.

A skull smashing attack requires medical attention usually in the ICU. The 'boo boo' was less than 2 cm long and required no stitches or medical attention. Lets not get carried away here.

I am behind so someone may have already stated this - according to records - the EMT wanted to transport GZ to the ER but the LE wanted to question him and he agreed to go be questioned. I'm sure the EMT's will be testifying to this...

If you are an RN I'm sure you know that a head injury does NOT require stitches or an open wound of any measurable size to be serious....

I keep wondering about an odd point..one about the law. And since I am not a lwayer perhaps somone can weigh in. When someone is accused of murder and thye claim self defense case..It's it improper to call the deceased the victim before a verict is rendered?If the jury finds not gulity for GZ then they have in fact said TM was not a victim. I'm wondering about this becuase the judge just ruled that TM's parents can be in the court room becuase they are the "vivtims" family.
Self defense is an affirmative defense, so it can stand to reason that in every other way, this is a "traditional" murder trial with a suspect and a victim. If self-defense is upheld, obviously this may change. But seeing as it's an affirmative defense to the charges, I can understand it in a weird way.

I think the mods are going to rule in here like Judge Nelson :D

I've only been watching this trial as I wanted to watch the jury selection. I don't think I'm going to follow the case closely but I will say I'm a bit surprised how much some people are already assuming and discussing about the case, presumably from what the media has presented.

A few comments, in no particular order....

John Guy has my vote btw. He's a not JM but he'll do. I don't know the other younger prosecutor's name but he needs a hair cut :)

I found West's questions very hard to follow at times in jury selection, as did some of the jurors. IMO he didn't do Zimerman any favours today. O'Mara looks like he's going to fight a good case but he just fubared re this evidence....

To whoever commented about TM's tweets, I say tweets don't judge whether he planned to get in a fight. I seen teens spouting stuff off on Twitter all the time. It's so often talk.

Also, re how Judge Nelson is ruling compared to JSS in the Jodi Arias case, these are different kinds of cases. It's pretty clear they do rule differently and I like Judge Nelson's style but she doesn't have to worry about someone appealing for a DP.

That's all :)

A skull smashing attack requires medical attention usually in the ICU. The 'boo boo' was less than 2 cm long and required no stitches or medical attention. Lets not get carried away here.

I have to say, I am surprised because I worked in the Health Care field, as a lay person but in xray. My mother is a Trauma nurse, Emergency Cardiac RN.

When people have had head injuries that involve the head striking the pavement they are open to concussions and other closed injuries. There is often monitoring and xrays to be done. Think Natasha Richardson. Fell hit her head on the ground while skiing, dead with in a day , I think.. She had a brain hemorrhage.

All head injuries should be thoroughly checked out and he is lucky he did not have something more serious going on.

If my child had those injuries that GZ did I would have taken him straight to ER.

I have to say, I am surprised because I worked in the Health Care field, as a lay person but in xray. My mother is a Trauma nurse, Emergency Cardiac RN.

When people have had head injuries that involve the head striking the pavement they are open to concussions and other closed injuries. There is often monitoring and xrays to be done. Think Natasha Richardson. Fell hit her head on the ground while skiing, dead with in a day , I think.. She had a brain hemorrhage.

All head injuries should be thoroughly checked out and he is lucky he did not have something more serious going on.

If my child had those injuries that GZ did I would have taken him straight to ER.

like internal bleeding

Ok, guys.. I am closing the thread go have a nice dinner, come back and check in later..
Tricia will be posting a link for her show tonight discussing today's events.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley