GA - Tori Lang, 18, fatally shot, Yellow River Park, Gwinnett Co, 27 Jul 2021 *Mistrials*

dotr

Reaction score

WSB-TV

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/gwinnett-county/woman-found-dead-park-identified-18-year-old-lithonia/RNZF5LT7A5HPRJAKWZPAUYCKQI/

''GWINNETT COUNTY, Ga. — Gwinnett County police have identified a woman found shot to death in a park near Stone Mountain as an 18-year-old from Lithonia.

Police said Tori Lang’s family members recognized her tattoos on social media and notified police.

Lang was found dead at the Yellow River Park in Stone Mountain on Tuesday morning.''

''Police have not identified a suspect or a motive in Lang’s death. Anyone with information is asked to please contact GCPD detectives at 770-513-5300. To remain anonymous, tipsters should contact Atlanta Crime Stoppers at 404-577-TIPS (8477) or visit www.stopcrimeATL.com.''

Family searching for daughter's car after she was found killed in a Gwinnett County park

Tori was only 18. Named after her dad.
I am so sad for her and her loved ones.

from the article:
Her father, also named Tori Lang, said he and his wife are struggling to make sense of the tragedy.

"We've got a killer loose, a monster who did this to my baby," Lang said.

He said his daughter was familiar with the Yellow River Park and had visited many times before.

From link, thanks!
''Lang and his wife are now asking for the public's help.

They say Tori's light blue 2012 Nissan Versa hasn't been found yet.''

GCPD-CAR.png

''Tori was driving a blue 2012 Nissan Versa with license plate RWU5874. The driver door is slightly damaged.

The car has damage to the driver's side door.

"The driver's door doesn't open. You gotta get in from the passenger's seat," Lang said.

They're hoping the car will help investigators track down the person responsible for taking their daughter's life.

"This demon has to be apprehended. This is the devil. He created hell on Earth for me and my family. This isn't something you get over. This was my only child, my baby," Lang said.

Tori was a Stephenson High School honor graduate and an architectural engineering student.

If you have any information, please contact Gwinnett County Police. ''

I haven’t seen anything on our local news, other than her parents were concerned when she didn’t come home. Her Dad said that her best friend saw the tattoos on the news, and called him. (Tori and the best friend had gotten matching tattoos.)

I haven’t seen anything on our local news, other than her parents were concerned when she didn’t come home. Her Dad said that her best friend saw the tattoos on the news, and called him. (Tori and the best friend had gotten matching tattoos.)
What a horrible experience for her friend.

There isn't a lot of background information. Was Tori in a relationship with anyone?

rbbm.
Vigil held for Tori Lang at Yellow River Park | 11alive.com
''Alyssa Babbage, a friend of said Lang was an only child who graduated high school with her just last year. She adds that Lang was thinking of enrolling in an online college and that the ambitious teenager at one point had three jobs.

"She was very caring to anybody," she added. "She was willing to give. If she had it and you needed it, no matter if she knew you or not, she was going to give it to you if she had it. I just know how much her parents and family in general meant to her."

Police said the motive is still unknown and there are currently no immediate suspects. Witnesses are encouraged to contact GCPD detectives at 770 513-5300. ''

Aug 2 2021
Police say viral social media post alleging Atlanta has a serial killer is false
''ATLANTA — A social media post that has been shared thousands of times is doing nothing more than inciting false fear, according to police.

The post claims there is a serial killer loose on the streets of Atlanta attacking and mutilating women.

“I seen the social media post,” resident Tometrick Hemmingway told Channel 2 Investigative Reporter Ashli Lincoln. “It’s very disturbing, shocking, devastating to hear about something like this happening in a park.”

The post claims this alleged serial killer is responsible for the murder of Katie Janness and her dog Bowie at Piedmont Park last week.

It then goes on to say that the killing of 18-year-old Tori Lang is somehow connected. She was found shot to death last week at Yellow River Park in Gwinnett County.

The post also claims there was a third killing in Norcross, but police say that’s not true.''

“She was a wonderful spirit, and I don’t want it be stained with things that you’re hearing now, I want you to focus on the joy and love of Katie,” a man who spoke at the vigil said.''

“They found the car all burned up,” Torrey said, “which means they were trying to hide it” and any evidence it might have produced.

Torrey said police told him they found Tori’s beat-up, 2012 Nissan Versa some five miles from Yellow River Park, in Hidden Acres Nature Preserve near Stephenson Middle School, closer to the family’s home in Lithonia.

Torrey said he believes it was someone Tori knew who shot her in the head, then drove away in her car, tried to hide it and then set it on fire.

Gwinnett County police were not ready to discuss possible suspects, scenarios or motives.

Torrey and Teresa Lang said they last saw Tori Tuesday night at home a week ago, the evening of July 27.

By early the next morning, police had found her body.

Tori, a 2020 honors graduate of Stephenson High School, was planning for college and, her father said, she always lived for others.

“She just brought the best out of people,” Torrey said, “and full of joy and life. She was a beautiful person, inside and out…. Somebody had to be either on some serious drugs, or this person was a demon to do this to somebody so innocent and sweet. Man, this is a demon.”

Her private funeral will be Friday.

Her parents are searching for answers, and an arrest. They are grateful to Gwinnett County police, they say, for all they’re doing to try to solve the case.

“We’re not going to stop” advocating for their daughter, Torrey said. “We’re not going to stop, for justice. We want everyone involved to be brought to the forefront.”
Tori Lang murder in Gwinnett at Yellow River Park | Car burned | 11alive.com

“They found the car all burned up,” Torrey said, “which means they were trying to hide it” and any evidence it might have produced.

Torrey said police told him they found Tori’s beat-up, 2012 Nissan Versa some five miles from Yellow River Park, in Hidden Acres Nature Preserve near Stephenson Middle School, closer to the family’s home in Lithonia.

Torrey said he believes it was someone Tori knew who shot her in the head, then drove away in her car, tried to hide it and then set it on fire.

Gwinnett County police were not ready to discuss possible suspects, scenarios or motives.

Torrey and Teresa Lang said they last saw Tori Tuesday night at home a week ago, the evening of July 27.

By early the next morning, police had found her body.

Tori, a 2020 honors graduate of Stephenson High School, was planning for college and, her father said, she always lived for others.

“She just brought the best out of people,” Torrey said, “and full of joy and life. She was a beautiful person, inside and out…. Somebody had to be either on some serious drugs, or this person was a demon to do this to somebody so innocent and sweet. Man, this is a demon.”

Her private funeral will be Friday.

Her parents are searching for answers, and an arrest. They are grateful to Gwinnett County police, they say, for all they’re doing to try to solve the case.

“We’re not going to stop” advocating for their daughter, Torrey said. “We’re not going to stop, for justice. We want everyone involved to be brought to the forefront.”
Tori Lang murder in Gwinnett at Yellow River Park | Car burned | 11alive.com
Wow. So sad. Hopefully, even though the car was burned, it will still provide some clues.

The perp must feel comfortable in park settings, imo, speculation
Aug 5 2021 rbbm.
Who Killed Tori Lang? Ga. Teen Shot Dead in Park, with Car Found in Different Park

Tori Lang
''A passerby found the body of 18-year-old Tori Lang in Yellow River Park in Stone Mountain on July 28. She had been fatally shot.

"It doesn't appear to be a robbery," Gwinnett County Police Sgt. Jennifer Richter tells PEOPLE.

Police have no suspects.

"They do have some leads they are following up on," Richter says.

Lang's 2012 Nissan Versa was found Saturday in Hidden Acres Nature Preserve in nearby DeKalb County. Richter says it had been burned.''

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back