Geraldo Live at Fox News 10:00pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It takes 2 to tango." Meaning: I don't go there.

It is a fact that female clients fall in love with their male attorneys. He pays attention to them. He listens to them. But that doesn't mean he falls in love with them or tries to seduce them or engage in a sexual relationship with them.

KC may be drooling over JB when they meet to go over her case, but JB knows he is sitting across the table from a sociopath. She falls for anything in pants and has lost her child somewhere in KCLand. He has better taste, loves his wife and children and is just doing his dang job. So far, he is doing well by her.

As far as how KC got his name, let me say this. There is a thing called "runners". "Runners" are people who bring business to a certain lawyer in exchange for a little "taste" of the money when it comes in or an outright cash payment upfront. The practice of using a "runner" is prohibited by most State Bar Associations, if not all. Anyway, these guys hang around the jails at intake, where the arrestee is being booked and hand out cards. Most people who get arrested do not already know a criminal lawyer, they choose them by chance.

It is possible that a runner was there, handing out cards.

However, does he have a billboard on any highway? It could be as simple as she saw a billboard or a bus advertisement. A lot of people call the guy with the full page ad. in the telephone directory. They figure that if he can afford that ad, he is making money and you don't make money by losing cases.

It can just be a dice roll. I am not sure why it is important. Their fee agreement is priviledged. She has no money, he is screwed over, but continues the case because if he doesn't, she ends up with an over worked and under-financed indigent defender.

So he doesn't get paid. Welcome to the practice of law.

So you have any stats to the bolded statement? I have had plenty of attorneys and I have never fell in love with any of them. Wehn caught hugging Casey, his response was "I hug all my clients." Did he hug the guy who just got convictted (the case that he was late for the sentencing?) I seriously doubt he hugs ALL his clients.

Being told TWICE to NOT have physical contact with his client shows that he doesn't pay ANY attention to the rules or thinks they don't apply to him. Has the KC attitude washed off onto him? There's an excellent reason for nophysical contact between client and attorney. Attorneys have been known to smuggle in things for prisoners. It's not uncommon at all. Attorneys do not go through physical searches like visitors do and they are allowed in the same room with the client. Jose has already smuggled out letters from Casey to her family. So he is a willing accomplice to her. He has been seen holding hands with her (and in an intrimate fashion) and she has been seen enuggling his necik. People have eyes and they can see the obvious. And eyebrows have been raised.

JB says he's not going to disclose his defense strategy.

:waitasec:His been saying that same line for months now on local news, it's his answer to just about all questions asked.
BLAH BLAH BLAH

First of all, hats off to Kimberly Guilfoyle for asking him the question we all would have loved to ask!

Secondly his statement "It takes two". That implied, to me at least, that even if KC wanted him he was being strong.

He was uncomfortable and deflected it by attacking KG. Feigning shock at her question.

He is truly a piece of work...IMHO

Actually, there are an infinite number of questions I would rather have asked JB before asking this (couldn't care less) but since he couldn't answer any of them (re defense/trial strategy etc), I think KG asked the only one permissable--a personal one. JMO

I didn't watch the segment yet-- but I think the issue would be--
The tapes won't be offered as evidence at trial because George is available to testify at trial-- so, the hearsay rules would preclude the tape being offered as evidence unless George changes his story-- if he says "there was no odor" etc. , then the tapes could be offered as impeachment evidence to discount the veracity of his in-court testimony.
The hearsay rule would apply even though they are LE interviews etc-- I know it seems odd.

I don't really think this would present a problem for the prosecution, IMO seeing/hearing George Anthony recount the events of June 16 will probably be just as heartbreaking and compelling as listening to an audiotape. It's telling if Baez feels a sense of victory out of the fact jurors won't hear reference to his client's father needing to vomit.:waitasec::furious:

Sorry Nancy I just caught your response now. Thank-you. I hope to catch this part again somehwhere.

Thinaire said:
Hmmm...Nore, you may be onto something here! How about a Pay Per View Webcam in her cell so we can see just how miserable and boring it is? All proceeds to payback the searchers and future searches for the missing...

That is a freakin BRILLIANT idea!!!! Maybe they could put her in general population to add to the drama!! Everyone would pay for that view!!!!

Regarding Jose's comment that the reason that prosecutors want a gag order now is because defense now has "new evidence" and prosecutors don't want the "new defense evidence" to be released to public:

I think what JB is calling new defense evidence is actually the remainder of the "Caylee alive/sightings" documents that will be soon turned over to defense by the state. So far all the releases appear to be unworthy of follow-up or were discarded after investigation/follow-up. I think what JB is waiting for and what he plans to use as his defense strategy are the multitude of other sightings (of similar looking children) which he will say at trial shows reasonable doubt that a death occurred.

So, my opinion, JB was not referring to new defense evidence that the defense has developed. It is the remainder of LE calll-in tips of Caylee sightings that he is calling new defense evidence that he wants publicly released and not covered by a gag order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes