Gerard Baden Clay's murder appeal #2

deeply satisfying verdict... it has so many satisfying elements I can barely type them out...... That he condemned himself out of his own big blabbing mouth is just perfect... he didn't have to go on the stand, we all know that, but he couldn't resist, the great salesman, selling himself on the big stage, letting his repulsive personality expand and project, keeping an eye still on the insurance money.

And there is something awfully correct in his own solicitors, which his family is paying for, at the top dollar, giving him huge false hope that went on for months, just like the big huge fat hopes he issued to Alison, and poor silly old Toni. Not to mention all of his creditors, who , like Gerard , swallowed the hope and lived on it. I bet 100 dollars, Gerard has been prancing around the prison cells yapping about his imminent release.. Bad luck, Ger!!.. back to cell 95 and devon sandwiches for dinner for 20 years, pal !!..

How he faces this reality is the icing on the cake, and its nice to think that Olivia has the embarrassment of it all, into the bargain.. what a vile woman she is.

nice job... yes.. all up, all things considered, nice. .

It is a unanimous decision.

From the summary -'The High Court held that the hypothesis on which the Court of Appeal acted was not available on the evidence. At the trial, the respondent denied that he had fought with his wife, killed her and disposed of her body. His evidence, being the evidence of the only person who could give evidence on the issue, was inconsistent with that hypothesis. Further, the jury were entitled to regard the whole of the evidence as satisfying them beyond reasonable doubt that the respondent acted with intent to kill or cause grievous bodily harm when he killed his wife. The Court ordered that the respondent's conviction for murder be restored.'

Full reasons for decision yet to come.

Sean Fewster Verified account ‏@SeanFewster now37 seconds ago

A good day for justice in #Australia. Not to mention common sense. #badenclay

Couldn't agree more.Justice prevailed :clap:

Kate Kyriacou Verified account ‏@KateKyriacou now58 seconds ago

Kerry-Anne:
Despite many QLDers labelled ignorant when they protested manslaughter, commonsense of original jury has prevailed. #badenclay

Kate Kyriacou Verified account ‏@KateKyriacou now36 seconds ago

Kerry-Anne: The ignorance, it seems, lay elsewhere. #badenclay

:happydance::great::clap: :jail::seeya: Yay Thank you all for sharing through this horrendous act. Be at Peace Al

WONDERFUL NEWS FOR EVERYONE WHO DEARLY LOVED ALLISON, ESPECIALLY TO THE DICKIE FAMILY & THEIR BEAUTIFUL GIRLS.....JUSTICE AT LAST FOR ALLISON.....:happydance: :party: :fireworks: :toastred: :grouphug:

Spring has sprung
Grass has Ris
Oh thank god
GBC GOT HIS

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I went to the Court of Appeal hearing and the decision downgrading it to murder just left me legally gobsmacked. The rules of circumstantial evidence are clear and many convictions happen on a lot less evidence than was presented against GBC. The decision was a precedent that could have been a big problem for other circumstantial cases. I think this is why the High Court took it on as well as well as the hypothetical issue inconsistent with the defence's case and actual testimony by the accused.

Justice for Allison at long last. It has been a long journey.

Thank heavens for:
Huge public outcry & rally after conviction downgrade.
The DPP appealing.
The Qld Police service.
Her family & friends telling us who Allison really was.
GBC being FINALLY hoist on his own petard by his smug, heartless, narcissistic evidence.
our faith in the JUSTICE system being restored by unanimous decision in High Court.
RIP beautiful Allison
[emoji169][emoji169][emoji169]

......... Allison's Parents, Family and Friends will be experiencing feelings beyond what I can imagine.

...... and did he have any help in hiding his murderous act?

Certainly did from those who believed in him, but they will no doubt remain in denial too.

Now we have a convicted Murderer, can't help wondering if any accomplice charges will be laid.

This result is almost overwhelming, but stops short of that; it is sheer exhilaration and relief.

......... Allison's Parents, Family and Friends will be experiencing feelings beyond what I can imagine.

...... and did he have any help in hiding his murderous act?

Certainly did from those who believed in him, but they will no doubt remain in denial too.

Now we have a convicted Murderer, can't help wondering if any accomplice charges will be laid.

This result is almost overwhelming, but stops short of that; it is sheer exhilaration and relief.
Yes will always wonder who else...

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

The High Court righted a wrong today; set precedent; reinforced Jury's right to convict; established the importance of circumstantial evidence; dismissed the COA decision;
This sends a strong message to both the legal community and the community generally. Thank you to the High Court of Australia.

My sense of justice has been restored today. This is a deeply satisfying decision.

Gerard has at least 15 years, probably a few years more to practice his attitude on just how he can achieve parole.. having been convicted of murder, to be considered for parole ( and I think this element of the system in Australia will be a bit tighter, more selective as time goes on ) he has to admit he did it. And portray remorse. And ask for redemption. And demonstrate his willingness to undergo some sort of anger management bizzo. And a whole lot of other things that Gerard is a total stranger to.. like truthtelling, that inconvenient element of life that has bugged him for so long.

I bet Toni will wait for him. 20 years from now, there they will be, old, grey , arthritic , hiding out in Eumundi somewhere, passing themselves off as law abiding retirees from the real estate industry...

Is this what Olivia meant by the truth eventually coming out? :rolleyes:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back