Gerard Baden Clay's murder appeal #2

Is this what Olivia meant by the truth eventually coming out? :rolleyes:

Olivia wrapped her self up in something she called 'authentic' truth.. only god knows what that means, but Olivia's acquaintance with truth was feeble, mostly. However, she managed to extract quite a bit of money for Gerard's legal costs out of the ragtag and bobtail component of the family's life, and that is no small talent. Whether she collected enough, I don't know. I imagine not, the bill for Gerard's tilt at actually attempting to change the law, and to put aside a jury's conclusions wouldn't have come cheap.

What a crashing blow to all their hopes and certainties. They can untie that yellow ribbon for Gerard, and put it away for decades. And this also releases the insurance money that has been kept in trust, except for the house Gerard managed to thieve even while in prison. Gerard's sticky fingers have, by the High Courts decision today been removed from all rights in regard to that and the good Dickies don't even have to discuss or consult him about any of it. It is no longer his business. I like it. That, of course, was Gerard's motivation. . he has to say byebye to that today, also.

Well Olivia, your words came true. The truth did eventually come out. :D

Yes!

But strongly suspect there is more truth to be revealed regarding assistance to GBC.

Thank heavens that insurance money is safe from GBC grubby little paws too!

Gerard is that arrogant, I can see him scrambling over legal tomes right now.

There is nowhere to go. It's over.

In reply to David Murray
David Boen ‏@Davo_B_56 3m3 minutes ago

@TheMurrayD At the front of that queue shld be lawyers who gently condescended that the public just didn't understand the law. #BadenClay

Olivia wrapped her self up in something she called 'authentic' truth.. only god knows what that means, but Olivia's acquaintance with truth was feeble, mostly. However, she managed to extract quite a bit of money for Gerard's legal costs out of the ragtag and bobtail component of the family's life, and that is no small talent. Whether she collected enough, I don't know. I imagine not, the bill for Gerard's tilt at actually attempting to change the law, and to put aside a jury's conclusions wouldn't have come cheap.

What a crashing blow to all their hopes and certainties. They can untie that yellow ribbon for Gerard, and put it away for decades. And this also releases the insurance money that has been kept in trust, except for the house Gerard managed to thieve even while in prison. Gerard's sticky fingers have, by the High Courts decision today been removed from all rights in regard to that and the good Dickies don't even have to discuss or consult him about any of it. It is no longer his business. I like it. That, of course, was Gerard's motivation. . he has to say byebye to that today, also.

Thank you!

Yes - it does appear that 'acquaintance with the truth' is a hereditary trait for the Baden Clay family.... Dad, Olivia & GBC (on steroids)!

David Murray Verified account ‏@TheMurrayD now45 seconds ago

`No complaint is made in this Court that the directions given to the jury were inadequate.' #badenclay
:clap:

Yes - I had heard that at some stage someone else was going to be charged. I wonder ..

http://www.qls.com.au/About_QLS/New...h_Court_decision_in_case_of_Gerard_Baden-Clay

Mr Potts said the High Court’s decision to over-rule the Queensland Court of Appeal and reinstate the charge of murder had refined our understanding of the law, which is its role, and the decision proves the system works.
“The original decision was in-line with the understanding of the law at that time, and the High Court’s decision reflects the current interpretation of the law,” he said.
“The court made its decision by interpreting the law and considering the submissions before it, not in response to emotive considerations or public sentiment – as it should.”

Mr Potts said the decision means the original sentence imposed by Supreme Court Justice John Byrne would be reinstated – meaning Baden-Clay could remain behind bars for the remainder of his life.

David Murray Verified account ‏@TheMurrayD 2m2 minutes ago

The High Court's concluding paragraphs are an utter demolition of the Qld Court of Appeal decision #badenclay
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CrJw8ffVMAAzD0k.jpg

Thank you TheMurrayD :D Well worth the read. Addresses many of the questions WS had at the time.

Great news.

On a side note it is interesting to reflect on the derision that was aimed at those who were outraged at the successful appeal...

Huge respect to the community for pushing this issue consistently to the front page.

Yes - the law was an *advertiser censored* but today it has been put to right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sean Fewster Verified account ‏@SeanFewster now1 minute ago

"Utter demolition" is right. Alison's friends, family and @couriermail's police/courts team vindicated. #badenclay

Allison's parents, siblings, friends, police investigators, prosecutors, judge, reasonable men & women of the jury: VINDICATED!

Thank goodness sanity prevailed.... Like you all I have been sweating on this. May Allison Rest In Peace and her family start healing.

GBC prison.jpg

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...y/news-story/e8983d27773c4c908aa6c59be09e5b54

Friend’s emotional tribute to Allison Baden-Clay
David Murray, Matthew Killoran, The Courier-Mail
18 minutes ago

ALLISON Baden-Clay’s best friend Kerry-Anne Walker has slammed sections of the legal fraternity in an emotional speech outside court following the High Court’s decision to reinstate Gerard Baden-Clay’s murder conviction...

I have just read the whole Judgement and reasons. Superb reasons.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back