Gerard Baden Clay's murder appeal #2

Good night all my dear friends & thinking fond thoughts of our resident hunk, Doc Watson who gave us so much of his valuable time.
He reminded me to breath and got me hooked on Valium milk shakes.

Tonight I had a chuckle from some of the antics and the stirs but we always wanted justice for Allison. Always.

Can any of us imagine GBC admitting responsibility or expressing remorse, (apart from at getting caught), and thus becoming eligible to even apply for parole.
I don't think it's in his narcissistic play book IMHO.
Love & peace to Allison's family & friends.

Yes BreakingNews …… at the very beginning when he first took the stand I can remember thinking that he didn’t look at all like he was in possession of full mental capacity; however, after a little while he was in full swing ……. acting the grieving husband, crying on cue, downing his provision of water and continually tapping his cup on the desk signalling his requirement for more water.

His controlling behaviour was made further evident in his claims to be responsible for the achievements of Toni McHugh, his employees and friends …. Unbelievable!

A Reporter outside the prison tonight on TV said he has been described as a model prisoner.
It appears that Baden Clay’s behaviour only reflects his desire to appear ‘normal’ ….. successful on some fronts, but …………….so destructive and criminal on the rest.

Of course he would be a model prisoner - he even thought he would get bail pending the Qld Supreme Court appeal. He has behaved because he is s*** scared. He only knows how to malign and ill treat women. He is scared of the men, so he is being a model prisoner - also with the ulterior expection of winning today's appeal. Now he will likely go into a shell for a while, then the narcissist will re emerge. But regardless, he will now have no alternative but to 'suck it up'.

GBC not eligible for parole until 2027.

Justice Byrne at initial hearing, warned the parole board in very strong terms, about GBC not being completely honest & not having taken court into his confidence (or words to that effect) AND that for parole to be considered GBC would need to have taken responsibility for his actions AND show remorse.

At the time of GBC initial sentencing for murder, life imprisonment didn't mean 'for the term one's natural life' in Queensland Criminal Code.

Each State in Australia has their own separate Criminal laws.

Would need one of our WS Legal Eagles to clarify how many years it could have been for GBC for murder. Please.

I seem to remember that the penalties were increased following GBC 's conviction.... Or it might have been Daniel Morecombe's murderer (Cowan) .......But obviously not applied retrospectively.

From memory, I think that 'life' was 15 years in Qld at the time of GBC initial conviction. By the time Cowan came to trial, it had been increased to 20 years. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but I'm sure that GBC missed out on the 20 years.

Thank you to all the 'sleuths' for the posts today. Many people will go to bed tonight with with a sense of relief that there can be no more appeals and finally after 4+ years, Allison's family and her daughters can try to move forward. RIP Allison.

Now that it's all over, all I have is this huge sadness. Sure I'm feeling relief that there is finally - finally - justice for Allison, but justice can never help her little girls feel their Mother's loving arms around them again.

A family was destroyed when it didn't have to be. All he had to do was take his mistress by her paw and walk off into the sunset. That he chose to do what he did to a loving wife and mother, an aspirational, inspirational and genuinely good person, fills me with disgust and despair.

All the life she missed out on. All the milestones her girls will achieve, that she would have taken so much pride and joy in, have all been denied to her, just as the loving warmth of their mother's pride and joy has been denied to those innocent kids.

Truly the slimeball who took all that from the family he professed to love and care for should never be allowed out into the into the society of decent people again.

Good night all my dear friends & thinking fond thoughts of our resident hunk, Doc Watson who gave us so much of his valuable time.
He reminded me to breath and got me hooked on Valium milk shakes.

Tonight I had a chuckle from some of the antics and the stirs but we always wanted justice for Allison. Always.
Here here

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Ugh he makes me sick

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...y/news-story/81053009e7f0ca20bc92471964709cfc

ARROGANT wife-murderer Gerard Baden-Clay believed until the last minute that the High Court would rule in his favour, sources claim.

The Courier-Mail has been told Baden-Clay called his parents from prison straight after the High Court reinstated the murder conviction for killing his wife Allison.

“He wasn’t put on observation (for a bad reaction to the decision),” a source said.

“But I imagine he is upset.”

Baden-Clay called his parents following the High Court verdict.
Prison sources said Baden-Clay remained smug and “over confident” in the lead-up to yesterday’s decision.

After the decision Baden-Clay’s lawyer Peter Shields said: “He has accepted the decision, as he must, and he will obviously do the necessary time in prison before making application for parole.”

With his life subjected to a regimented daily prison schedule dictated by guards, the former high-flying real estate agent has little choice on how he spends his time inside.

It begins every day at Wolston jail in Brisbane’s south with a 7.15am headcount, *according to a manual on the prison’s “structured day”.

After breakfast, taking part in gym activities, hobbies and work, he is served dinner at 4.10pm before being locked in his cell at 5.30pm.

Kept inside the small cell for about 14 hours a day, he lives with more than 300 sex *offenders and high-profile murderers.

He is housed in a 50-cell unit, with rooms containing a single bed, desk, small shelf, noticeboard, toilet and shower. Baden-Clay is expected to be visited by his lawyer tomorrow and family members for *Father’s Day on Sunday.

They are bad seeds.
Who knows maybe that 60 minutes programme the oldies did might come out of mothballs.
If there is money to be made they'll think of it. Let's face it their golden boy has fleeced them out of their home.

They might reinact that morning for a couple of $K or give another Grannie pash. (Sickening display)
Olivia might chew on her bottom lip again
Dunno.
Simply bad news people.

I can't see the BC clan making any money out of this. Even his solicitor said "He now has to accept it." Sounds like he knows him well. If he ever wants out on parole, he has to prove remorse and fess up. The case of Damon Clanca in Cairns saw him jailed for life in 1994 for murder. Until recently he was still in jail because parole board believe he is still a threat and not remorseful. So whatever rubbish EBC or any of them could come up with would not help his chance of ever getting parole. Can't live in denial forever.

From memory, I think that 'life' was 15 years in Qld at the time of GBC initial conviction. By the time Cowan came to trial, it had been increased to 20 years. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but I'm sure that GBC missed out on the 20 years.

Whatever, it's a long time without a mobile phone!:happydance:

They are bad seeds.
Who knows maybe that 60 minutes programme the oldies did might come out of mothballs.
If there is money to be made they'll think of it. Let's face it their golden boy has fleeced them out of their home.

They might reinact that morning for a couple of $K or give another Grannie pash. (Sickening display)
Olivia might chew on her bottom lip again
Dunno.
Simply bad news people.

If there is even a whiff of truth to the speculation that the family knew more/did more than they let on - I doubt they will stick their heads up. Too much to lose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GBC not eligible for parole until 2027.

Justice Byrne at initial hearing, warned the parole board in very strong terms, about GBC not being completely honest & not having taken court into his confidence (or words to that effect) AND that for parole to be considered GBC would need to have taken responsibility for his actions AND show remorse.

At the time of GBC initial sentencing for murder, life imprisonment didn't mean 'for the term one's natural life' in Queensland Criminal Code.

Each State in Australia has their own separate Criminal laws.

Would need one of our WS Legal Eagles to clarify how many years it could have been for GBC for murder. Please.

I seem to remember that the penalties were increased following GBC 's conviction.... Or it might have been Daniel Morecombe's murderer (Cowan) .......But obviously not applied retrospectively.
I'm getting my states mixed up I think . . . trying to follow too many cases at once. Sorry.

Courier Mail

1 hr · ·

Chief crime reporter Kate Kyriacou has covered the Baden-Clay murder case since day one. Now she tells of the extra two years of torment Allison Baden-Clay's family was forced to endure.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/rende...r/news-story/a943b8adff4c05f0c208b9701bba006d

https://www.facebook.com/couriermail/posts/10154238097532702

Thanks Amee. Kate Kyriacou was our champion reporter in the courtroom with her many on the spot tweets of the proceedings as they happened.

A big thank you to you also Amee. Along with Fuskier you've been fantastic with links to everything we needed to know (including Kate's tweets) in this case. And you're still doing it in many of the other threads on the forum. It's very much appreciated.

Thanks Amee. Kate Kyriacou was our champion reporter in the courtroom with her many on the spot tweets of the proceedings as they happened.

A big thank you to you also Amee. Along with Fuskier you've been fantastic with links to everything we needed to know (including Kate's tweets) in this case. And you're still doing it in many of the other threads on the forum. It's very much appreciated.

:grouphug:

Justice has finally been done. Wonderful to see so many posters who were here in the beginning still here .
Don't ever stop speaking out for those who no longer have a voice.

September 1, 2016 11:30pm

[h=1]Legal experts say decision to testify was Gerard Baden-Clay’s ultimate downfall[/h]http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/legal-experts-say-decision-to-testify-was-gerard-badenclays-ultimate-downfall/news-story/df75cef31bc020ca5f98f27d3d16c959

[h=1]Legal experts say decision to testify was Gerard Baden-Clay’s ultimate downfall[/h]http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/legal-experts-say-decision-to-testify-was-gerard-badenclays-ultimate-downfall/news-story/df75cef31bc020ca5f98f27d3d16c959
Would love to know what the three Qld Court of Appeal Judges have to say about it ....... probably that at the time, they were too busy with other matters.

........ Legal experts say decision to testify was Gerard Baden-Clay’s ultimate downfall
especially since, while he was under under Oath, his story of the events that night hadn't changed; no argument and no physical altercation.

As pointed out by the High Court Judges: his Defence had already told the Trial Judge (without the Jury being present) they were not suggesting that Allison had fallen and hit her head on bricks or cement.
........ This was in keeping with Baden Clay's story that 'he knew nothing'.

From the Order handed down by the High Court: http://eresources.hcourt.gov.au/browse

“There was some discussion at trial as to the basis on which
a verdict of manslaughter should be left to the jury as an alternative to murder.

In answer to the trial judge's question: "What is the reasonable hypothesis consistent with an absence of an intention to kill?", counsel for the respondent replied: "That, on the prosecution case, death was occasioned unintentionally." His Honour responded: "But there are no fractures of the head."

Counsel agreed with that observation, and in response to the trial judge's further remark: "So there's no suggestion that
she's fallen and hit her head on bricks or cement", counsel
answered: "No."

………Then:
“ Later, prior to the trial judge's summing up, his Honour canvassed with counsel for the respondent the possibility of a direction that the defence contended in the alternative that the conduct in question did not tend to prove an intentional killing.
Counsel for the respondent said the problem with that was "it's not our contention".

On this footing and without objection from the respondent, the hypothesis which the Court of Appeal held to be available to the respondent was not put before the jury. The alternative verdict of manslaughter was left to the jury because the Crown bore the onus of proving that the respondent acted with intent to kill or to cause grievous bodily harm.”

JMO, from what the High Court have said, the Defence tried on a story in their Appeal to the Qld Court of Appeal against the Jury's decision which did not come from a valid base, given the events as they occurred during the Trial.
So ........ the premise of the Defence's Appeal against the Jury's Verdict of Murder was ill-founded.

frankly, I think a part of Gerard's compulsion to take the stand and testify, was a sort of silent competition with his father and sister.. . he had sat there listening to their performance, and believed he could do better. There had to be a strong undeniable compulsion as it was about the most dangerous thing he could do in court. A huge , huge risk, with a tiniest chance of a payoff...

As a matter of fact, I think he believed he could do better on the stand than Toni. Certainly he could do better than all those other cranky and whining prosecution witnesses, after all, wasn't he the Great Gerard?? As usual, it was all too much, discretion being the better part of valour had no part to play in Gerard's scenario.

Never crossed his tiny mind that he was weaving his own noose.

I do think , though, that his barristers played him a bit.. the position they took to the appeal , while it may have looked like a win for Gerard, commonsense would have surely foreseen the utter rejection by the public in general of that result and a closer look at the thing.

but anyways, it all added to the pain for Gerard and for that, I have no dispute..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda
Back