Germanwings Airbus crash 24 March #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it have been an explosion if an inflight breakup?

Attachments

• CA3JYaOUIAAufHB.jpg
    CA3JYaOUIAAufHB.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 445

I am afraid so. Someone earlier posted debris found over a wide area --anyone know how far away the little town from the main debris impact site is?

Explosive decompression? From what tho is now gonna be the biggie huh?

Luth has awesome safety reccord - awesome 7 out of 7

http://www.airlineratings.com/ratings/49/lufthansa

It has assessed 425 airlines around the world

A total of 137 airlines have been given seven stars, the top mark, including British Airways, Flybe, Virgin Atlantic, Lufthansa and Aer Lingus.

Finnair was the world's safest airline. Air New Zealand, Cathay Pacific, Emirates and Etihad were also named among the five safest carriers, while BA came 10th, Virgin 15th, easyJet 17th and Ryanair 32nd. No US airlines made the top 20 – Southwest Airlines was the highest ranked at number 21.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/t...ds-most-and-least-safe-airlines-revealed.html

[h=1]Lufthansa[/h] Safety rating : 7/7

[h=1]Lufthansa[/h] Safety rating : 7/7

The pilot had time to say, "Emergency, emergency!" But I don't know if that indicates anything other than knowledge the plane was in trouble.

Is anyone well versed in aviation?

The DM article says
"but 10.41am, the last reported radar returns had the aircraft descending at 6,800 feet at 378kts.

In ten minutes the aircraft plunged 31,200 feet in just ten minutes."
and someone commented that this would have been "too fast", if it glided down without power.

I pray that it was quick and painless for the passengers.I just flew home sun. across the Atlantic and the fear is always in the back of my mind.Something is going on with the Airbus,didnt they have problems with speed sensors?
It will be a difficult recovery.

I have no words. Praying somehow for a miracle and that survivors might be found against all odds. Unlikely, I know.

Is anyone well versed in aviation?

The DM article says and someone commented that this would have been "too fast", if it glided down without power.

Isn't that what they said when the AirAsia plane went down? Is it the same kind of plane?

Strange. I just read in some articles emergency call was at 11am, but DW (English lang) says crash was logged at 10.37am.

DW has continuous updates and will be covering the press conference in English, I'm sure.

http://www.dw.de/live-germanwings-crash-in-alps/a-18336127

CNN just said emergency signal went out at 10:45 local time.
Correction-Air control sent out emergency signal because of no contact with plane.

Found an article in German with more detailed information:

According to the French Ministry of the Interior the crash site is about 2000 meters altitude in the Alps. A spokesman said they expect an extremely long and difficult search, because the area is so remote. The crash took place near the massif of the "Three Bishoprics", a rock formation near Digne, which reaches up to 3000 meters. The area - jagged structures with glaciers - is difficult to access.

The rescue team of the gendarmerie will need a long time to reach the accident site: So far, 400 men were mobilized. Because of the the terrain and height, the crash site can only be quickly reached by helicopter.

"Our thoughts are with the people on board and their families," said EU Transport Commissioner Violeta Bulc. "It is a tragedy on our soil," Hollande said. He will soon speak to Chancellor Angela Merkel. France's Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve made his way to the scene of the accident.

Even German experts wishing to participate in the clarification of the cause. As the Federal Ministry of Transport announced, experts of the Federal Bureau of Aircraft Accidents Investigation are already on their way to the scene. The Lufthansa subsidiary German Wings wrote on Twitter, that itself had still no reliable information. Once they know more, they will inform the media immediately. Updates will be published on the website of the airline. The page was however temporarily unavailable. A press conference was announced for 3pm.

"We are doing everything possible to analyze the situation," said an Airbus spokeswoman. "As soon as we have more information, they will be anounced." The Airbus A320 is the group's most successful model. Almost 3700 machines of the medium-range jet are used worldwide.

source: http://www.spiegel.de/panorama/gese...in-sued-frankreich-abgestuerzt-a-1025270.html

Strange. I just read in some articles emergency call was at 11am, but DW (English lang) says crash was logged at 10.37am.
[/url]

Could it be a GMT vs local time issue?

It has to be said, Airbus is not having a great time of it lately. It feels like a long time since there's been a Europe-based plane crash as opposed to the Air Asia/Malaysian disasters.

45 Spanish passengers on board, probably no French people.

(from live press conference)

There were so many plane crashes "lately", so much for that traveling by air is supposed to be safe :(

It IS safe compared to other forms of transport. But there are still bound to be accidents unfortunately.

msnbc

these are the two cities Baroelette and Digne-les-Bains between debris and impact area

saying about 3 hours at least to get there

its in a crevice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads