Germany - American woman dead after man ‘throws two tourists off bridge’ at German castle - 14 June 2023

Sarahlou

Reaction score
A tourist has died and another has serious is fighting for her life after a man threw them off a bridge into a ravine at a famous ‘fairytale’ German castle.

The American tourists, aged 21 and 22, fell 165ft down a ravine at Neuschwanstein, near the Austrian border.

According to German tabloid Bild, the attacker was also American and aged 30.

Police said the man fled but was arrested after the incident on Wednesday.

The 30-year-old attacker reportedly sexually assaulted the two women before a fight broke out.

Two videos taken by an American witness were posted on Twitter: one of a helicopter rescue and another of a handcuffed man being led away by police. At the time of the recording the witness did not know what had happened. Only today the news media started asking for permission to use the footage.

Videos mentioned above in this news report, together with a police interview:

According to LE, the second victim only suffered minor injuries in the attack. A couple of witnesses have already come forward, but the police is making an appeal for anyone who was in the area between 2 and 3pm yesterday. Due to German privacy laws, the police would not confirm the nationality of the victims, only of the attacker.

Last edited:
from Woman dead after man ‘throws two tourists off bridge’ at German fairytale castle

When the 22-year-old intervened, the man strangled her and threw her into a ravine below,
. . .
The two tourists met the man on a hiking tour east of the Marienbrücke. And joined him.

The attack took place near the Marienbruecke, a bridge over a gorge close to the castle that offers a famous view of Neuschwanstein, German news agency DPA reported.

Authorities said the three apparently took a path to a viewpoint, where the man attacked the younger woman.

situated-pollat-gorge-schwangau-germany-825198784.jpg

US tourist, 21, killed as 'sex fiend throws her into a ravine at famous castle'

The man allegedly persuaded them to follow him down a secluded trail that led to a good lookout point, where he 'physically attacked' the 21-year-old.

When her friend tried to intervene, he allegedly choked her and pushed her down a steep slope. Police believe 'an attempted sexual offence' was then committed against the 21-year-old, before she was also pushed down the slope.
US man throws two American women into ravine at famous German castle

A tourist has died and another has serious is fighting for her life after a man threw them off a bridge into a ravine at a famous ‘fairytale’ German castle.

The American tourists, aged 21 and 22, fell 165ft down a ravine at Neuschwanstein, near the Austrian border.

According to German tabloid Bild, the attacker was also American and aged 30.

Police said the man fled but was arrested after the incident on Wednesday.

The 30-year-old attacker reportedly sexually assaulted the two women before a fight broke out.

Just unreal. I can see trying to attack 1 woman, but you'd THINK he (and others like him) wouldn't do something like this when there are more than one!

Is it just me or is the world getting crazier and more dangerous by the day? :( :mad: It's a sad day when 2 women aren't safe as the the saying was (is) "Safety in numbers". *lets out a pent up breath*

Oh how absolutely horrible for those poor girls. Praying for them and all who love them. I’ve been to the area around that castle. It’s incredibly beautiful, breathtaking, really is something like a fairy tale. I can imagine the girls being caught up in the place and letting their guard down. What a world we now live in….

Oh how absolutely horrible for those poor girls. Praying for them and all who love them. I’ve been to the area around that castle. It’s incredibly beautiful, breathtaking, really is something like a fairy tale. I can imagine the girls being caught up in the place and letting their guard down. What a world we now live in….

oh god, @ClaireNC and @Gemmie, so true. I wonder if it is just "us", because we follow WS, but the number of heinous crimes just seems so extreme..........

And thinking about how an "American" can take advantage of other "Americans" overseas is just so sickening.

According to LE, the second victim only suffered minor injuries in the attack. A couple of witnesses have already come forward, but the police is making an appeal for anyone who was in the area between 2 and 3pm yesterday. Due to German privacy laws, the police would not confirm the nationality of the victims, only of the attacker.

I wish law enforcement around the globe would change that kind of language. The second victim suffered minor physical injuries. Psychological terror isn't minor.

This is a horrendous incident from sheer evil that purposefully murdered these two, young, innocent victims. May their killer be damned.
I offer my sorrow to their many loved ones. May peace and love be in abundance for all.

when you are traveling and you meet some one from your "home country" who offers to show you something, you do not think they intend to assault and kill you IMO

I hear both men say "schwerverletzt" which means severely injured. He clearly meant to kill them, IMO.

young American woman who was thrown into a ravine and fell 165 feet at Germany's famous Neuschwanstein castle miraculously only suffered light injuries, Bavarian police have revealed to MailOnline.

A 30-year-old man - also a US national - has been accused of sexually assaulting the women's friend before pushing her down the gorge to her death on Wednesday at the popular attraction - said to have inspired Disney's 'Cinderalla' castle.

Police said the suspect, who was arrested after a brief manhunt and is being investigated for murder, attempted murder and one sexual offence, has 'had his say in court' after refusing to speak to investigating officers.

The two women - both American tourists aged 21 and 22 - were airlifted away from the scene. Tragically, the 21-year-old died in hospital, while her friend sustained only light injuries - bruises and a laceration, a police spokesman said.

She is expected to be released from hospital today.

Absolutely horrendous what that evil man did. :mad:

I hope with all I have he is sent down for all time and never allowed out.

My heart aches for the lady who sadly was killed by him, and for the lady who survived miraculously. Thank goodness she survived although of course injured.

The mental scars though would last forever. Hope she gets all the support and more that she will need for sure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back