Found Deceased Germany - Gareth Hicks, 32, Blitz Nightclub Munich, 22 February 2020

HayLouise

Law Student
Reaction score
3CE86642-821C-49C4-95C0-718DBA1CE885.png

32 year old Gareth had been with friends at Blitz Nightclub in Munich, Germany on the night of 22nd February but left, alone, unexpectedly. The last known contact was a social media post at around 03:00 on Sunday 23rd Feb. He has not been seen since.

Gareth is 6ft 2ins tall, and of medium build. He has short, dark, wavy hair and dark brown eyes. When last seen, Gareth was wearing a maroon, crew-neck jumper.

Gareth is considered vulnerable and there are concerns for his welfare.

Do you have any information?:

From the UK you can call our central freephone information line on 0800 098 8485. Calls are free from landlines but may be charged from mobiles. From overseas you can call +44800 098 8485 but this will incur costs. Please check before you call.

Alternatively you may prefer to email any information to ops@lbtrust.orgAll information wil be treated in the strictest confidence.

https://www.lbtrust.org/single-post/2020/02/23/Gareth-Hicks

5 March 2020:

C3E45EC4-BA56-4D41-B337-6365324CB9A3.jpeg BFB1CBB9-F794-4BEC-B253-79974244008E.jpeg

Stuart holds up a lightened version of the last selfie posted by Gareth on social media and says: “It looks as though he’s on some sort of public transport, be it a waiting area at a bus station, train station, on a bus, train. He was wearing blue jeans and trainers.

“This is his last Facebook post which was taken around 4am on Sunday the 23rd of February. I’m also appealing to Gareth to get in touch.

Brother of missing Scot Gareth Hicks issues heartfelt video appeal

5 March 2020:

View attachment 237438 View attachment 237439

Stuart holds up a lightened version of the last selfie posted by Gareth on social media and says: “It looks as though he’s on some sort of public transport, be it a waiting area at a bus station, train station, on a bus, train. He was wearing blue jeans and trainers.

“This is his last Facebook post which was taken around 4am on Sunday the 23rd of February. I’m also appealing to Gareth to get in touch.

Brother of missing Scot Gareth Hicks issues heartfelt video appeal
Is the picture of him wearing a hoodie the one they mention being from public transport? This does not look at all like any station etc. Looks more like a construction site! If he went late at night at a construction site, he may have had an accident somewhere

Is the picture of him wearing a hoodie the one they mention being from public transport? This does not look at all like any station etc. Looks more like a construction site! If he went late at night at a construction site, he may have had an accident somewhere
No, the last picture is the darker one, but it's been lightened as it was taken at about 4 a.m.

We've nearly hit 800 likes, thank you for all your support it's amazing!

If anyone has any suggestions of Facebook groups to share with or any other platforms please let me know or please share!

Copy to share below:

PLEASE HELP & SHARE! GARETH HAS NOW BEEN MISSING FOR OVER 2 WEEKS.

The family of missing 32 year old Gareth HICKS, from Forfar, who disappeared on the night of February 22nd in Munich, Germany, have issued an emotional video appeal for help.

FindGareth

#FindGareth

FindGareth

I’m very worried that there’s a pond in the park where his phone last pinged, as well as a river that runs right along said park. Always get worried when men go missing late after the bar... statistically speaking they may very well find him in this water :(

FindGareth

Gareth's brother posted a link to a petition calling for a search of the river. They're more than half-way to the goal of 1000 signatures.

Sign the Petition

This is a petition to have the river Isar searched by the police in Munich, who would rather wait 8 weeks as Gareth Hicks’ body could potentially float to the surface on its own. We don’t believe he is in there and would like this ruled out ASAP. I don’t believe any one in our shoes would either. Please sign our petition to help put pressure on the Munich police to act.

Help bring my brother home for Mother’s Day.

Your help is very much appreciated

Stuart Hicks (Brother of Gareth Hicks)

I’m very worried that there’s a pond in the park where his phone last pinged, as well as a river that runs right along said park. Always get worried when men go missing late after the bar... statistically speaking they may very well find him in this water :(

I went to the English Garden last year - you're right, there's a lot of water there. Plus the river by the bridge where the surfers go has a *really* strong current - and the water was icy cold when we went in May, even though it was over 30 degrees heat.
As well as the water there's a lot of land, with trees and paths where he could have wandered off, and in the dark, who knows who else was there.

Brother holds back tears in video plea to find missing Lincoln man in Germany
''Gareth left alone unexpectedly and the last known contact was a cryptic Facebook post, with a selfie captioned “modern slave” in the early hours of Sunday, February 23. He has not been seen since.

Stuart Hicks said someone must have seen his brother, who speaks very little German despite living there. He was wearing a Burgundy crew neck type jumper, blue jeans and trainers when he was last seen.

He said: “I am appealing for information about the whereabouts of my brother Gareth. He’s a very kind, gentle soul and is extremely intelligent. He’s caring and he’d give the shirt off his back, even in a blizzard.”

''Matthew Searle MBE, Trust Chief Executive, said: “Munich is a busy, popular city and a huge amount of people would have been out on that Saturday night. Were you? Did you go to Blitz that night? Have you seen Gareth since that night?

“Please come forward with any information, no matter how small it seems. It could be the vital intelligence we need to bring Gareth safely home to his family.”

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan
Back