Germany Germany - Katrice Lee, 2, Schloss Neuhaus, Paderborn, 28 Nov 1981 *Arrest*

Discussion in '1980's Missing' started by wfgodot, May 20, 2012.

1. Al Ka

Al Ka Well-Known Member

Katrice's father and his other daughter have been very active all those years asking and pushing for anything to be done in her case. He has met many politicians, done numerous interviews, petitions etc.

He and his daughter have FB group for missing Katrice and are quite active there too, regularly updating about all the things https://www.facebook.com/groups/MissingKatriceLee/

I am quite happy that finally something is being done for them and Katrice, even though I don't think anything will be found in that ground search. But huge publicity, first time since this case happened is very good as it might bring finally some really valid leads.

2. gregjrichards

gregjrichards Well-Known Member

The search for missing toddler Katrice Lee took a dramatic turn tonight as it was revealed the name of a potential suspect has been handed to police.

The informant said he had served in the RAF with the man he identified from a Royal Military Police photo-fit.

The suspect was seen putting a child similar to Katrice into a green saloon car when she vanished from a supermarket in Germany in November 1981 on her second birthday.

After talking to police, he told the Mirror: “I trained for the RAF with a guy who looks exactly like the picture of the man with the green car.

“We went our separate ways in 1980 and I don’t know where he was posted to but the police seemed interested in what I had to say.”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/name-potential-suspect-search-missing-12520097

I really hope this leads to something.

3. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Remembering Cupcake

4. Azaria1980

Azaria1980 Former Member

I think i know her my sister and i were adopted as toddlers and lied to our whole lives she lives in colorado

5. kimlo

kimlo Member

If you have any information it needs to be passed on to the police.

What makes you think it's her?

HayLouise and worldwatcher like this.
  6. cybervampira

cybervampira Well-Known Member

Woman charged with impersonating girl who went missing in 1981

A woman will appear in court charged with impersonating someone who has not been seen since she vanished in 1981 when she was a toddler.

Katrice Lee disappeared on her second birthday while she was on a shopping trip with her family at a NAAFI store near the British Army base in Paderborn, Germany, where her father Richard was serving.

Mr Lee, from Hartlepool, said someone had been impersonating his daughter on social media and a woman will appear in court.

[...]

Merseyside Police said 40-year-old Heidi Robinson, from East Way, Moreton, Wirral, will appear before Wirral Magistrates charged with a malicious communications offence.

The force said: “Robinson will next appear at Wirral Magistrates Court on Wednesday 1 May.”

[...]

LadyL, Elainera, HayLouise and 8 others like this.
  7. iulia

iulia Well-Known Member

8. Al Ka

Al Ka Well-Known Member

Missing Katrice Lee: Court case adjourned for woman accused of sending 'malicious' messages

Heidi Robinson, 40, from Moreton, Wirral, is charged with a malicious communications offence relating to alleged social media posts.

She was due to appear at Wirral Magistrates' Court today but the case has been adjourned until May 14.

A Merseyside Police spokesman said in March: "We can confirm that a Wirral woman has been charged with malicious communications in relation to an ongoing investigation.

"40-year-old Heidi Robinson from East Way in Moreton was charged with 'Send by public communication network an offensive / indecent / obscene / menacing message / matter'."

Missing Katrice Lee: Court case adjourned for woman accused of sending 'malicious' messages

LadyL, Elainera, HayLouise and 3 others like this.
  9. Ruthbullock

Ruthbullock Well-Known Member

10. gregjrichards

A person has been arrested in connection with the disappearance of a British toddler who vanished in Germany in 1981.

Katrice Lee, from Hartlepool, disappeared from a supermarket near a British military base in Paderborn on her second birthday.

She was out shopping with her mother Sharon at the Naafi store, near to where her father Richard, a soldier, was stationed.

Military police reportedly began searching a terraced house in the Moredon area of Swindon on Monday.

An Army spokesman refused to give the gender or age of the arrested person, nor what they had been arrested on suspicion of.

Arrest is made over the disappearance of British toddler Katrice Lee | Daily Mail Online

11. CoverMeCagney

CoverMeCagney Well-Known Member

This poor family have had their fair share of crank calls and false leads so I hope this comes to something.

12. gregjrichards

Me too Katrice’s family have suffered enough my thoughts and prayers are with them at what must be an extremely stressful time.

mjp1228, Elainera, HayLouise and 5 others like this.
  13. ChuckieD

ChuckieD Member

I feel sick to my stomach waiting to find out now. I lived in Germany for almost 9 years and every time we past the old, closed Schloss Neuhaus NAAFI to go the the NAAFI in Paderborn several times a week, I always said 'This is where Katrice disappeared'.

1981 or 2019 - The NAAFI shops are not overcrowded, full of strangers, noisy places; NAAFI is a huge part of our Armed Forces community and it would be rare to not bump into at least 1 person you know, even if you're the only people in the shop. Staff included.

There is absolutely no way a toddler could be removed from that shop with a fuss from her, she went quietly and unnoticed. And absolutely no way on her own, somebody would have noticed a toddler either leaving the huge amount of ground she'd have to to drown in a river or a toddler kicking and screaming being taken away.

I'm quite close to Swindon nowadays, strangly

Absolutely aching for Katrice and her family.

mjp1228, Crazy Mama, Elainera and 9 others like this.
  14. BlackCloud

BlackCloud Well-Known Member

Why? They made an arrest but don't want to say who the detainee is...pure nonsense :confused:

15. ChuckieD

ChuckieD Member

It's how the SIB work. The military community is quite small in comparison to, say, USA. One way or another, word gets round within hours and everybody knows everybody directly or indirectly.

mjp1228, janewall, Elainera and 8 others like this.
  16. ChuckieD

ChuckieD Member

Sorry.

SIB = Special Investigations Branch

Essentially the military version CID/FBI of civvie Police

mjp1228, Elainera, HayLouise and 4 others like this.
  17. Ellmau

Ellmau Well-Known Member

Elainera, HayLouise, Al Ka and 4 others like this.
  18. jaejae

jaejae Well-Known Member

19. Rosegold68

Rosegold68 Well-Known Member

I hope there is some closure for the family here

Elainera, BlackCloud, Ellmau and 3 others like this.
  20. Armchair_Defective

Armchair_Defective Well-Known Member

Police in the UK generally don't name suspects until they've been charged with something.

janewall, Elainera, HayLouise and 6 others like this.