Germany Germany - Katrice Lee, 2, Schloss Neuhaus, Paderborn, 28 Nov 1981

Wow, I am so thrilled there is some movement in her case and that authorities finally have second look after so many years. At least it rules out drowning as it was initially speculated. Great new pictures of Katrice included too.

This case really should be huge, (I mean army vet child kidnapped from army base abroad), if authorities and army investigators did not hush it up initially, probably worrying too much about reputation and conflict between British and German investigations.

As it seems they are re-interviewing people, crossing fingers there will be some more news soon.

http://www.noz.de/deutschland-welt/niedersachsen/artikel/206895/neue-hinweise-in-31-jahre-altem-vermisstenfall

It's not a recent article at all, but from 2013 - however it says that in May 2013 ZDF television dedicated a missing persons programme to the case of katrice Lee.

Viewers of ZDF's "XY Unresolved" file called to the police as well as to the studio after watching TV on Wednesday evening. Seven notes were received in the studio according to the responsible editorial staff. But also the criminal investigation department in Bielefeld, which has been involved in the investigations since 2000, recorded two indications by Thursday afternoon. How many spectators turned directly to the lead British military police, who had switched a German-speaking hotline, is unknown.

Photos from the computer
In January 2012 the British military police in Bulford, England, routinely resumed the case. She intervened with Interpol, the international policeman, who is now looking for Katrice Lee in more than 50 countries. In the hope that modern techniques could clarify the fate of the missing, she also produced computer-generated photos, showing Katrice Lee at the age of 6, 11, 16, 21, 28 and 33 years. With these pictures, the investigators turned to the public again on Wednesday. "There is no evidence that the girl was drowned or murdered," said Captain Andy Southerton in the studio. So try to find everything to find Katrice Lee. "One answer would end 31 tormenting years for our family," said her father Richard Lee. Almost once it had been so far: A postman from Osnabrück had picked up a stray girl a year after Katrice's disappearance and brought him to the police. However, as it turned out, it was another child.

Obviously nothing really came of those clues, however it's good to know that the German press was doing their bit. Sadly there are no further news articles after this date.

http://www.noz.de/deutschland-welt/niedersachsen/artikel/206895/neue-hinweise-in-31-jahre-altem-vermisstenfall

It's not a recent article at all, but from 2013 - however it says that in May 2013 ZDF television dedicated a missing persons programme to the case of katrice Lee.

Obviously nothing really came of those clues, however it's good to know that the German press was doing their bit. Sadly there are no further news articles after this date.

Thank you for interesting link, however articles above posted by MelmothTheLost are very fresh! Date printed by news 28 February 2017. Sketch of the suspect is new too. I am very happy that there IS new movement in her case.

MILITARY cops will tomorrow begin a major search in an attempt to solve the disappearance of a British girl from a barracks shop in Germany 37 years ago.
---
Now, police and experts are to lead 100 soldiers on a five-week, £100,000 forensic excavation of the banks of the River Alme.

The site was identified after the release in 2017 of an age-progressed e-fit of a man seen at the NAAFI holding a child similar to Katrice.
---
The case was reopened in 2000 and led to the arrest of a former soldier. But he was released without charge and the case closed again after three years. There were further inquiries in 2012.
---
Thanks to the family’s campaigning, Defence Secretary Gavin Williamson ordered extra resources for Operation Bute — the cold case probe run by a 28-strong RMP task force.
Dad Richard, now 68, had criticised the RMP handling of the case, but felt his voice had “finally been heard” at a summit with Mr Williamson this year. He said: “Hopefully, we can resolve issues and find out where my daughter is.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6171929/katrice-lee-real-life-missing/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-43947831

Police investigating the disappearance of a Teesside toddler in Germany 36 years ago are to excavate a site close to where she was last seen.

Katrice Lee, from Hartlepool, went missing from a Naafi supermarket near Paderborn, Germany in 1981.

Parents Richard Lee, from Hartlepool, and Sharon Lee, from Gosport, have always claimed she was kidnapped.

Royal Military Police (RMP) is now to carry out a five-week excavation of the banks of the River Alme in Paderborn.

Mr Lee, a former sergeant major who was stationed at the base, welcomed the search, but said it should have been undertaken years ago.

He said: "This should have been done in the early days of the investigation into Katrice's disappearance.

"I'm a little bit upset that it has taken this length of time."

Did Black look like the photofit back in the day?

I don't know for sure. However, I do feel that there are facial similarities.

Robert Black is bald on top in the pictures I found on Google, but he would have been younger at the time Katrice went missing, so he would have been likely to still have most of his hair at the time.

Also, I think the man in the photofit does have a receding hairline. You can see how the hair has been styled in that way some men do to disguise a receding hairline.

What could they possibly have to indicate this is where she is?
Did a witness come forward this long after and say they saw the suspect there?
This isn't a DNA case so I'm confused about what could have developed this many years later.

I remember reading that the defense secretary had promised Katrice's father he would have her case reviewed. Perhaps they have been told to investigate the case and in the absence of other things to do, they decided to excavate the river bank. It might not be specific information.

I remember reading that the defense secretary had promised Katrice's father he would have her case reviewed. Perhaps they have been told to investigate the case and in the absence of other things to do, they decided to excavate the river bank. It might not be specific information.

Maybe during the review they found that a tip had not been followed up at the time, so they did that now and it lead them to the riverbank? :thinking:

What could they possibly have to indicate this is where she is?
Did a witness come forward this long after and say they saw the suspect there?
This isn't a DNA case so I'm confused about what could have developed this many years later.

To answer your question:
The RMP today announced it would be carrying out a dig on the River Alme's banksat Paderborner Str, Paderborn.

It followed a reanalysis of evidence gathered during the original investigation, which pinpointed the river as an area of interest, the force said.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...cavated-search-toddler-went-missing-1981.html

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back