Found Deceased Germany - Maria Fernanda Sanchez, 24, Mexican student, left her apartment, Berlin, 22 July 2023

Inverloch

Reaction score
I'm in Berlin at the moment & this case is getting a lot of attention - posters up everywhere.
I can't find a thread about Maria on Websleuths.

There are more recent articles but this one is in English

There is great concern for her.

I would like to gently say to her, if you're out there and maybe going through extreme stress and feeling like things aren't going well, please contact your family again somehow, and let them know you're okay. Or go to any police station, and they can give you resources and let your family know.

I'm just a parent who remembers how very difficult college can be and who can imagine your overwhelm and your parents' deep fears right now. And I promise you they just want to know you're okay. No matter what is going on with college or anything else, everyone will understand. They just want to know you're safe.

Translated:

On July 25, the Berlin Police gave the first warning on Twitter: "María Fernanda SC, 24, left her apartment in #Treptow-#Köpenick on 07/22/23 and has been missing since then. Who can provide information about his whereabouts?"

The message was accompanied by a link to María Fernanda Sánchez Castañeda's file, where there was an image and more information: "He left his apartment in Büchnerweg and never returned. There are indications that the 24-year-old is in an exceptional psychological situation.”

María Fernanda Sánchez Castañeda moved to the city of Berlin five months ago. There he had begun a master's degree in New Media Design at the European University of Applied Sciences (EU), an institution that on July 28 joined his search.

362920264_240356658841005_608322507214452169_n-jpg.webp

• If you have any information, please contact the Missing Persons Office at Keithstraße 30 in 10787 Berlin-Tiergarten
  • (030) 4664-912444
  • Or by e-mail to LKA124Hinweise@polizei.berlin.de

An issue with the search seems to be the laws in Germany around CCTV cameras, you can't have Ring cameras able to capture neighbors leaving their apartments, people walking past etc due to the privacy laws here.

So many people are worried about her, her parents held a vigil outside the Mexican Embassy in Berlin this afternoon, I pray she's ok.

She was unfortunately found deceased

Authorities said the body of Maria Fernanda Sanchez, for whom Interpol had issued a yellow search notice, was found floating in a canal by a person walking along a bridge in Berlin's Adlershof neighborhood.

María Fernanda Sánchez Castañeda, in an image posted on social media.

Maria Fernanda Sanchez’s family and friends, along with dozens of volunteers dressed in white, gathered in Berlin on Saturday to ask for the 24-year-old student. A few hours later, German police announced that a body had been found in a canal in the capital. The family later confirmed that it corresponded to the young Mexican woman. In a brief statement, the Berlin police said about the death of the young woman: “According to the current findings, there is no evidence of third party culpability”.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back