Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #3

How accurate the reporting is, we don't know.

Something new maybe.

Busching, who is in German police witness protection, suggested that Brueckner 'came through the door' of the McCanns' holiday apartment, raising doubts over the official theory that Madeleine's kidnapper crept in through a window.

The alleged victim was wearing the goggles.

The woman must have been between 70-80 years old, I didn't know her and she was wearing goggles that had been painted over so she couldn't see.

Confused reporting. CB is not on trial regarding MM and anything related to MM is of no relevance to the current trial ,so shouldn't have been mentioned.

Today's unsensational court reporting from Braunschweig - I would say more reliable and accurate and comprehensive than the UK tabs:

From above, it seems clear that MS only had a brief look at the two videos and the detail within them originates with HeB. These are HeB's own words:
Helge B. further reported that he had called his accomplice Manfred S., who also lived in the residential park, to come to him. He only saw a few minutes of the film with him, said he didn't want anything to do with it and walked away. Helge B. then watched another video: one showed Christian B.'s act at the expense of a presumably young German woman. “She was tied to a post in an apartment. She said: 'Hey Christian, do you know what that is, that's a deprivation of liberty, that's rape.' He laughed." Helge B. said looking back: "I couldn't believe it all." Again he brought Manfred S. over, "I couldn't assess it on my own." Again, S. only watched the film briefly and said: Leave me alone.

Last edited:
Today's unsensational court reporting from Braunschweig - I would say more reliable and accurate and comprehensive than the UK tabs:

Seems largely the same detail as DM trial, although in this version HeB says MS saw the same 2 rapes as him? This part seems to differ - IIRC in the DM trial, MS watched the vides on a different occasion without HeB.

I wonder why HeB is in witness protection? He must have annoyed some bad people

From above, it seems clear that MS only had a brief look at the two videos and the detail within them originates with HeB. These are HeB's own words:
From the piece, this is where it's at imo.

The crucial question is: can you believe these criminals who seem to be taking advantage of them in every situation?

quote from the article in post #39

He was rushed into court today from a safe house flanked by six masked-gunman to give evidence against the paedophile suspect accused of snatching the youngster in 2007.

Seriously??!! 6 masked gunman!??!!

quote from the article in post #39

He was rushed into court today from a safe house flanked by six masked-gunman to give evidence against the paedophile suspect accused of snatching the youngster in 2007.

Seriously??!! 6 masked gunman!??!!
Exactly Niner, it's the level of reporting we have in the UK.

Confused reporting. CB is not on trial regarding MM and anything related to MM is of no relevance to the current trial ,so shouldn't have been mentioned.
Actually, Cb's lawyers made a big fuss today about the MM case, so it is a topic that is discussed daily in this trial

Actually, Cb's lawyers made a big fuss today about the MM case, so it is a topic that is discussed daily in this trial

The defence is quite rightly asking that unfounded claims which the prosecution persists in publicly making against its client play no part in this current trial. Reducing that concern down to 'a big fuss' is dismissive both of the defence and of CB's right to a fair trial, and actually biased thinking in itself, the very thing the defence is protesting against.

Either we care that this trial is conducted fairly and without bias or we don't.

We know the name of the girl who ran away, also SF mentioned her and JC in his book so I doubt it was her. Maybe another youth camp as he obviously didn’t know NF before his prison time.
L. disappeared in 2008 as far as I remember
Yes, wasn't there religious/ charity type camps, or places, one of which MN worked in. (He's a German convicted paedo) Just incase anyone forgets who MN is

The defence is quite rightly asking that unfounded claims which the prosecution persists in publicly making against its client play no part in this current trial. Reducing that concern down to 'a big fuss' is dismissive both of the defence and of CB's right to a fair trial, and actually biased thinking in itself, the very thing the defence is protesting against.

Either we care that this trial is conducted fairly and without bias or we don't.
But the prosecution has not discussed the MM case at all during this trial! It was the defence who on the first day of the trial starting talking about it and again today before the witness spoke! I am not sure to what you are referring! It just seems like delaying tactics on behalf of the defence to bring out the MM case every time.

Last edited:

You can see where this is going, should CB be convicted then all domestic remedies are to be exhausted before it goes to the ECJ or ECHR, the defence are starting that process, all bases covered, all opinion.

And I doubt we will see any, as I believe the judge would not allow it as this trial is not connected to MM and the prosecution would not The only interesting thing to me as related to MM would be to learn more about das buch and to gauge the witnesses prosecution has amassed
so far i don’t see much that has to do with the MM case.

Seems as if MM is part of this trial.

But he told a court that he first named Christian B to the McCanns' private investigator Dave Edgar in 2008, the year after she disappeared from the family's rented holiday apartment in Portugal.
Mr Edgar told Sky News that he did not recall any message or conversation with Mr Busching and, at the time, had only just been hired by the family and was sifting through many tip-offs.

So according to HeB's testimony, he tipped in CB way back in the day both to the Met and to the private investigators? I am sure there will be media outrage at how they fumbled this?

So according to HeB's testimony, he tipped in CB way back in the day both to the Met and to the private investigators? I am sure there will be media outrage at how they fumbled this?
Well he's under oath, not that witnesses lie but if his testimony is kosha then.......

Tbh originally he said the Met but is now saying Edgar who seems to be denying it but additionally how about the fact he claims he went to the German police and they told him to keep quiet?

Just a couple of things about the girl from the 'institution'.

The girl could have met CB before CB met NF, she is known to have run off at least twice. Once when CB brought her back and once when Russians/Eastern Europeans.

There is a Catholic institution that took in wayward kids from Germany (might be the same organization that placed kids at NF's villa in Foral) in the same town where CB and NF supposedly stole the 100k.

I think CB met NF via Piro who was visiting/helping CB while he was in prison, it was Piros address that was registered with the courts and also here where CB went upon release. So it fits that CB/NF met in Dec 2006

As prosecutors are going with unknown girl of uncertain age and unknown date of crime, it would seem that they are not connecting this runaway with the case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Betts79
Back