Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #3

So Senior district reporter Rob Pattison say an ex girlfriend gave evidence in court , was this in camera.?

His former girlfriend told his trial in Germany that during the call he said he was driving to her home — but she did not know if he arrived.

That is what I was wondering about. And I read it the same as you - she gave evidence in court. So do not know if MT was testifying about her - and the reporter just stuck in that comment - ?? scratching my head.

That is what I was wondering about. And I read it the same as you - she gave evidence in court. So do not know if MT was testifying about her - and the reporter just stuck in that comment - ?? scratching my head.
I don’t think NF gave evidence in person in this trial - HB just referred to her. Pattinson is adding in information for a British audience & bringing it back to MM. NF has likely given a Statement to police which is in the investigative process. NF would likely have been questioned about the 13y old.

What is the best German source of info re the trial?

I don’t think NF gave evidence in person in this trial - HB just referred to her. Pattinson is adding in information for a British audience & bringing it back to MM. NF has likely given a Statement to police which is in the investigative process. NF would likely have been questioned about the 13y old.

What is the best German source of info re the trial?

Thanks - that is what I thought at first - but then saw RichardKimble's post and started thinking about it again. :)

Wednesday, April 10th:
*Trial continues (Day 7) (@ 9am CET) – Germany/Portugal - Hazel Behan (20 @ time/now 40) (in her home, June 16, 2004, Praia de Rocha on the Algarve coast, 10 miles from Praia de Luz, Portimao, Portugal) - *Christian Stefan Brückner (Bruekner) (27 @ time of 1st crime (2004)/45/now 47) charged (Oct. 11, 2022) with sexual assault (suspect held a knife & brutally raped her. The accused then tied & gagged the woman to a table & raped her again. He then whipped the victim on the back with a whip he had brought with him & finally forcibly performed oral sex with the victim. The accused filmed large parts of the events with a video camera he had brought with him). Braunschweig Regional District Court
Germany/Portugal – *Charged (Oct. 11, 2022) & arrest warrant reinstated 11/18/22 - a 14 year old teenager (unknown victim) (on tape: assaulted/hit the naked girl with a whip. Said to have brutally forced the girl to have oral sex. The accused also videotaped this act). Took place between Dec. 28, 2000 to April 8, 2006 on the Praia da Luz, Algarve coast, Portugal.
Germany/Portugal - *Charged (Oct. 11, 2022) & arrest warrant reinstated 11/18/22 - an elderly woman 70-80 yrs old (unknown victim) a Tour Rep (tied up & raped the victim in her holiday apt. He then hit the victim several times with a whip. The accused is said to have recorded the entire event with a video camera). Took place around the same time (between Dec. 28, 2000 to April 8, 2006) on the Praia de Luz, Algarve coast, Portugal.
Germany/Portugal – *Charged (Oct. 11, 2022) & arrest warrant reinstated 11/18/22 - 10 year old German girl (Joana E.) (wearing only shoes & otherwise naked. He grabbed the child's wrist & began to perform masturbation movements on his naked penis). On Salema (Zalema) beach, near Praia de Luz, Portugal, April 7, 2007).
Germany/Portugal – *Charged (Oct. 11, 2022) & arrest warrant reinstated 11/18/22 - 11 year old Portuguese girl (pulled down his trousers & underpants & made masturbation movements on his naked penis in order to sexually arouse himself, until the frightened girl ran to her father for help. The suspect was arrested on the spot by the Portuguese police). Exposed himself in playpark, São Bartolomeu de Messines, June 11, 2017).
Trial began on February 16, 2024. (And continued on Feb. 23, Mar. 1, Mar. 14, April 2)\Trial dates: April 10, 12, 17, 19, 24, 25, May 2, 3, 8, 15, 16, 17, 21, 22, 23, 28, 29, June 4, 5, 6, 25, 26, July 5, August 5, 15, 16, Sept. 5, 26, 27, Oct. 2, 7, 8, 21 & Oct. 22, 2024. (Expected to last up to 8 months, it was 3 months).
Presiding Judge Dr. Engemann. Lead Prosecutor Ute Lindermann. Defense attorneys Dr. Friedrich Fülscher, Philipp Marquort, Dennis Bock & Atilla Aykac.
Brueckner is currently serving a 7 year sentence for the 2005 rape on a pensioner. While he is still the main suspect in Madeleine case, these above cases will be tried first & he will be charged with Madeleine later (maybe!)

Case info & charges & Brueckner info from June 1, 2020 thru January 18, 2024 & Trial Day 1-5 (Feb. 16, Feb. 23, Mar. 1, Apr. 2, Apr. 5) reference post #67 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...rimes-praia-de-rocha-portugal-3.708597/page-4

April 5, 2024 Trial Day 6: The hearing was delayed at the start after the defence demanded to see statements made by the witness to police in 2019 when he was questioned as part of the McCann investigation.
Witness: Michael Tatschl, an Austrian, lived with CB at a farmhouse in Praia da Luz.
For more info see posts #70 & 77 (articles) here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...rimes-praia-de-rocha-portugal-3.708597/page-4
Trial continues on Wednesday, April 10, 2024 @ 9am.
The defence wants senior public prosecutor Vanessa Beyse removed amid concerns about bias.

How is the woman a witness for anything? She stayed one night in his house, felt uneasy, moved out the next day. End of story. Nothing happened! Apart from what 'happened' in her own mind.

How desperate for witnesses is the prosecution that this is what they're reduced to?

How is the woman a witness for anything? She stayed one night in his house, felt uneasy, moved out the next day. End of story. Nothing happened! Apart from what 'happened' in her own mind.

How desperate for witnesses is the prosecution that this is what they're reduced to?
Well yes ,no report of any unwanted attention.

Well yes ,no report of any unwanted attention.

It's ridiculous. I can't believe the court is indulging such time-wasting. If this is the calibre of witnesses they've cobbled together for this trial, then it's really no surprise as to why they've failed to charge CB on the MM count. Seriously, a woman basically making up stuff, another woman just parroting the HeB/MS narrative and adding a 'mafia' connection just for some additional colour? That's their witnesses?!

It's ridiculous. I can't believe the court is indulging such time-wasting. If this is the calibre of witnesses they've cobbled together for this trial, then it's really no surprise as to why they've failed to charge CB on the MM count.
I was thinking the same.

This behind a paywall, any help anyone?

Christian B .: Defenders want Maddie investigators as witnesses.​

Unfortunately no. It seems to be one of those sites that allow a certain number of views before the paywall kicks in. It was my primary trial coverage source up to this week but it's no longer allowing me access to new reporting. Which is a shame as it's both local and was very good and I haven't been able to find another open/reliable German source.

Last edited:
Unfortunately no. It seems to be one of those sites that allow a certain number of views before the paywall kicks in. It was my primary trial coverage source up to this week but it's no longer allowing me access to new reporting. Which is a shame as it was very good and I haven't been able to find another open/reliable German source.
I think we knew this would be the case with the brit press only interested in the salacious as shown in the headlines, from the red tops and the fail.

The witness saw a video camera and tapes in CB's bedroom. Out of place in a squat?

Reactions: Mex
This behind a paywall, any help anyone?

Christian B .: Defenders want Maddie investigators as witnesses.​

basically its accusing HB of being a liar

Also Edgar denying he was ever in contact with him

They also want the bar owner in court

Last edited:
The witness saw a video camera and tapes in CB's bedroom. Out of place in a squat?

Well not really. People can own what they own, regardless of where they live. But that's not the point. It doesn't matter what she saw or what he owns.

The point is that absolutely nothing occurred while she stayed in his house. Standing up in court saying 'I felt we were in danger' seems to me like her putting a (prosecution-led?) cynical and opportunistic twist on something that at the time was nothing more than distaste and disappointment at the squalid nature of the holiday villa she and her friend ended up in.

Last edited:
Well not really. People can own what they own, regardless of where they live. But that's not the point. It doesn't matter what she saw.

The point is that absolutely nothing occurred while she stayed in his house. Standing up in court saying 'I felt we were in danger' seems to me like her putting a (prosecution-led?) cynical and opportunistic twist on something that at the time was nothing more than distaste and disappointment at the squalid nature of the holiday villa she and her friend ended up in.
CB cannot deny ever being in possession of a video recorder and tapes at that period in time because the witness saw them.

CB cannot deny ever being in possession of a video recorder and tapes at that period in time because the witness saw them.
Hardly conclusive evidence. He could say that they weren't his and were already there when he moved in.

And confirms that the content of the videos was mentioned at that time too

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irennnnn
Back