Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #3

Just posted a piece regarding KR on the other thread it's all to do with MM, a rehash of a previous story.

So - I take it the only witness on April 26th was the guy that held CB until the police arrived. Is that correct? Is there an English written article on what happened in court? All I saw was the translation in post #343. TIA! :)

So - I take it the only witness on April 26th was the guy that held CB until the police arrived. Is that correct? Is there an English written article on what happened in court? All I saw was the translation in post #343. TIA! :)
From what I recall, the girl ran to tell her father (the witness ?) so i don't think he witnessed the actual event, only the aftermath

From what I recall, the girl ran to tell her father (the witness ?) so i don't think he witnessed the actual event, only the aftermath

Do you know if there were more witnesses on Friday, besides this man?

So just for a bit of confusion because confusion is good, JC with RP claimed a van like the one pictured changes to CBs van.All in a matter of months.

And our exclusive picture shows a white Mercedes Sprinter van — like the one cops said he had in the Algarve — parked at a creepy woodland site he later bought.

Brueckner’s white van at the box factory he owned in Germany (COPYRIGHT OLIVE PRESS SPAIN)

A creepy woodland site in which a vile fiend did something or other in an equally creepy shape-changing van with bombshell hidden compartments in which fiendish, vile things might have been hidden Exclusive.

Right. JC never disappoints.

Last edited:
CB had a Modus Operandi from which investigators were able to identify DM from police files as a rape survivor.

In turn from the description of DM's cold case rape trial in which CB was identified to be the convicted perpetrator, HB was able to recognise the technique of the rapist as similar to the rape perpetrated against her which had taken place in 2004.

Therefore the similarity between the rapes of two elderly women is not surprising should the rapist be identified in one when he removed his mask for the camera, backed up by police files and forensic evidence while the other awaits confirmation of the present indictment at trial.

Had DM not reported her ordeal to the police with all the attendant humiliation she too would have been an anonymous victim of an anonymous and dangerous pervert. But she saw justice because the police were enabled to put a name to a face - or to be more exact a name to a body hair.

Snip
The witness, an acquaintance of CB, said the elderly woman was bound, masked and whipped before being raped.

He said: ‘Then the man sat on the bed and pulled the mask off his face. I thought: That can’t be!’ He said he immediately recognised CB.
The witness stole the video tapes during a burglary in 2006 and said he later destroyed them, horrified by what he had seen but years later reported the contents to police.

His testimony prompted detectives to trawl cold cases and they came across the report of the American widow.

BIB, neither HeB nor MS said this when questioned under oath.

This is where the defence are highlighting discrepancies and the SY detective may add to them.
Yes, I agree. MS and HeB aren’t the best witnesses in the first place. If there is a significant difference between what Herb is now saying and what he told OG in 2017, his statement becomes more unreliable.

Yes, I agree. MS and HeB aren’t the best witnesses in the first place. If there is a significant difference between what Herb is now saying and what he told OG in 2017, his statement becomes more unreliable.
IMO Much will depend on whether the information provided by HeB, through an interpreter, to SY in the Greek hotel in 2017 was recorded in the form of a written statement or on tape/video.

Reactions: Mex
IMO Much will depend on whether the information provided by HeB, through an interpreter, to SY in the Greek hotel in 2017 was recorded in the form of a written statement or on tape/video.
Either way once said it can't be unsaid.

BIB, neither HeB nor MS said this when questioned under oath.
The link provided in my post concerns the trial and the aggravated rape conviction of CB in 2019.
Snip
CB. has been charged with five alleged sexual offences. He has already been on trial in Braunschweig and was convicted of aggravated rape.
While the first trial in 2019 almost passed by the public, the interest is now huge.

Ok then where have you seen any reference to the week just past in regards to the trial from the brit rags? No one seems to know what happened Friday.
I agree, most people aren't very interested at all. Much the same can be said about the McCann case itself these days unless alerted by some startling and probably untrue revelation.

The link provided in my post concerns the trial and the aggravated rape conviction of CB in 2019.
Snip
CB. has been charged with five alleged sexual offences. He has already been on trial in Braunschweig and was convicted of aggravated rape.
While the first trial in 2019 almost passed by the public, the interest is now huge.

The point you made in your earlier post was that CB removed his mask on one of the videos, revealing his identity.

This point isn’t included in your cite. In their recent court appearances, neither HeB nor MS made the claim that CB was seen in the videos. Given it was under oath, it’s unlikely the perpetrator of the offence showed their identity on film.

I don’t think it matters. We are not talking about a bar room chat, we are talking about the Met Police going to Greece to record a statement. However the statement was recorded, its credible and should be taken as a fair reflection of what HeB said.

I agree, most people aren't very interested at all. Much the same can be said about the McCann case itself these days unless alerted by some startling and probably untrue revelation.

It's a very difficult trial to maintain interest in. No court transcripts, no external consistent, detailed media reporting that can be trusted, the gaps in the court schedule, the less-than impressive and unengaging witnesses, the impression that things are just going round in tedious, dreary circles. The HaB case may drive more widespread and informed reporting but even then I feel it will be in a comparitively low key way.

The tabs will continue to tab but there's zero value in their 'reporting' from the perspective of those of us trying to follow and make sense of what's actually happening in court. And we've still months of this to go.

I don’t think it matters. We are not talking about a bar room chat, we are talking about the Met Police going to Greece to record a statement. However the statement was recorded, its credible and should be taken as a fair reflection of what HeB said.
HeB gabe a written statement to SY in Feb 2018 and FF will have seen the unredacted parts which are being used as evidence against CB in the current trial.
HeB testified in a German court about the tapes in 2019 DM rape case.
HeB testified in a German court about the tapes in current 2024 hearings.
How many hairs does FF need to see before he starts splitting?

HeB gabe a written statement to SY in Feb 2018 and FF will have seen the unredacted parts which are being used as evidence against CB in the current trial.
He may not have seen the original version, only a German one and may wish to check one against the other, which might be why he wants to question the SY detective who took the original statement/

The judge must be interested to allow it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elaguileno81
Back