Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #3

Yeah but CP has relocated to Cambodia and has adopted a pseudonym. I’m just not sure these people are credible.

It’s possible CB is responsible for some of these crimes but he might not be. IMO, this is certainly the case with MM.
I guess all or at least most of CB's acquaintances could be said not to be credible... what do you do then? Not trust what they are saying just because they have a criminal or dodgy past? I think this is a very hard line to draw. I'd imagine since their stories match somehow, that they should be seen as credible

@RichardKimble , @Denis R Tandib

If CP has any previous convictions I’m sure even the press would be aware of it .As far as we know he is just somebody who knew CB well.

Cambodia/Vietnam are definitely on the worrying list but also many decent people go there, particularly drifters as the cost of living is so low.

It could just be CP like HeB is just wanting an end to it and anonymity again, and changing his name helps that. Just got to wait and see how it pans out.

CB is however a known collector of child a material and beast…he also owns a camera which he records sa on due to eye witness reports from DM and HB and backed up on other alleged assaults viewed by HeB and MS and there is no reason to doubt CB would not keep his filmed assaults.

CB wasn’t prepared when he decided to go out and steal diesel. Realistically the PJ should have kicked his door in years ago I don’t know if that’s through poor policing or corruption or a bit of both.

Sadly many tourism crimes are written off and left to the insurance companies once a police report has been obtained.The JE case we are yet to hear was not even investigated at the time, or even a visit to the site to interview potential witnesses from where the poi would have entered and exited.

Last edited:
I guess all or at least most of CB's acquaintances could be said not to be credible... what do you do then? Not trust what they are saying just because they have a criminal or dodgy past? I think this is a very hard line to draw. I'd imagine since their stories match somehow, that they should be seen as credible
Trouble with that is and I realise it's a different country, Andrew Malkinson in the UK served time for a rape he didn't commit largely based on the witness accounts from two who had serious criminal records. I guess we have to trust the judgement of the judges in determining the worthiness of the witnesses.

Police had two witnesses, who claimed they'd seen the defendant. The jury weren't told that both had serious criminal records.

We are relying on reporting but what they are saying doesn’t seem to match in many areas.

For example, the older woman’s age and nationality cannot be agreed upon by the only two witnesses to the crime. Their statements seem to be the only evidence that this crime actually happened.

Is that enough for a conviction. Does the fact that there is animosity between a group criminals play a role? IMO, it certainly isn’t a benefit to the prosecution’s case.

We are relying on reporting but what they are saying doesn’t seem to match in many areas.

For example, the older woman’s age and nationality cannot be agreed upon by the only two witnesses to the crime. Their statements seem to be the only evidence that this crime actually happened.

Is that enough for a conviction. Does the fact that there is animosity between a group criminals play a role? IMO, it certainly isn’t a benefit to the prosecution’s case.

There is no doubt that CB kept photographic evidence of his crimes.
Snip
During a raid on his flat, police seized a laptop and other devices on which they found the photographs.
Analysis of the images allowed the officers to identify the scene of the attack and the girl,

Rape survivor DM was traced from police files detailing the ordeal she reported to the Portuguese police in 2005.
The witnesses account of the events they had seen in the videos they had taken from CB's house matched DM's account of his aggravated assault on her as described in her police statement.
CB's DNA from a body hair recovered from the crime scene confirmed the two separate narratives.
All in all compelling evidence which would probably never have surfaced
  • if CB's friends had not stolen his recordings the content of which they were able to accurately describe subsequently to police.
  • if DM had not reported the horrific event inflicted on her by CB enabling the police cold files to be traced by comparing actual events with the reported videos. Enabling DM to give her testimony to the court and see justice done.
Snip
According to police files, CB beats the woman with a metal rod and leaves significant injuries on her chest, lower abdomen, arms and buttocks.

There is no doubt that CB kept photographic evidence of his crimes.
Snip
During a raid on his flat, police seized a laptop and other devices on which they found the photographs.
Analysis of the images allowed the officers to identify the scene of the attack and the girl,

Rape survivor DM was traced from police files detailing the ordeal she reported to the Portuguese police in 2005.
The witnesses account of the events they had seen in the videos they had taken from CB's house matched DM's account of his aggravated assault on her as described in her police statement.
CB's DNA from a body hair recovered from the crime scene confirmed the two separate narratives.
All in all compelling evidence which would probably never have surfaced
  • if CB's friends had not stolen his recordings the content of which they were able to accurately describe subsequently to police.
  • if DM had not reported the horrific event inflicted on her by CB enabling the police cold files to be traced by comparing actual events with the reported videos. Enabling DM to give her testimony to the court and see justice done.
Snip
According to police files, CB beats the woman with a metal rod and leaves significant injuries on her chest, lower abdomen, arms and buttocks.

How did they open again the DM case?

How did they open again the DM case?
Snip
The witness stole the video tapes during a burglary in 2006 and said he later destroyed them, horrified by what he had seen but years later reported the contents to police.

His testimony prompted detectives to trawl cold cases and they came across the report of the American widow.

On the night of the attack, in early September 2005, she had been watching television news coverage of Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans.

At around 10.30pm she went into her office to compose some emails when she was grabbed from behind, dragged up several stairs to her bedroom and tied up with a rope and raped.

She was also beaten with a metal, flexible object.

‘I felt that he enjoyed torturing me,’ she told the investigators.

The ordeal lasted more than 15 minutes and the widow suffered a broken jaw and injuries to her shoulder.

The victim, who was 86 at the time of the trial, was unable to travel to Germany to give evidence. But an investigator visited her at home in the US when she told him how the attack still haunted her.

‘After that she couldn’t sleep, couldn’t turn off the lights at night and was afraid,’ he said.
The court heard DNA linked a body hair found on the woman’s bed to Brueckner, who was living less than a mile away from the woman.

He denied the attack, claiming the hair could have been transferred to the woman’s bed on the back of her cat after he petted it outside her house, which was on his way to the beach.

In court CB was said to have come across as ‘eloquent’ and was seen leafing through legal texts as evidence was heard.
He denied the offence and said the witness was a liar.

Snip
The witness stole the video tapes during a burglary in 2006 and said he later destroyed them, horrified by what he had seen but years later reported the contents to police.

His testimony prompted detectives to trawl cold cases and they came across the report of the American widow.

On the night of the attack, in early September 2005, she had been watching television news coverage of Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans.

At around 10.30pm she went into her office to compose some emails when she was grabbed from behind, dragged up several stairs to her bedroom and tied up with a rope and raped.

The ordeal lasted more than 15 minutes and the widow suffered a broken jaw and injuries to her shoulder.

The victim, who was 86 at the time of the trial, was unable to travel to Germany to give evidence. But an investigator visited her at home in the US when she told him how the attack still haunted her.

‘After that she couldn’t sleep, couldn’t turn off the lights at night and was afraid,’ he said.
The court heard DNA linked a body hair found on the woman’s bed to Brueckner, who was living less than a mile away from the woman.

He denied the attack, claiming the hair could have been transferred to the woman’s bed on the back of her cat after he petted it outside her house, which was on his way to the beach.

In court CB was said to have come across as ‘eloquent’ and was seen leafing through legal texts as evidence was heard.

It's been pointed out before the witness said he took the mask off, the victim made no mention saying she couldn't identify him him because he was wearing a mask.

It's been pointed out before the witness said he took the mask off, the victim made no mention saying she couldn't identify him him because he was wearing a mask.
Snip

I wasn’t aware CB broke DM’s jaw, what a p o s .

Unknown victim on the stolen videos .DM assault CB remained masked throughout.
Exactly, there is no record of any one seeing a Video in relation to that assault only the unidentified alleged victims including that of HaB.

So from the original dates kindly posted by niner the 3rd and 8th of this month were dropped was it or has it been explained why?

I wasn’t aware CB broke DM’s jaw, what a p o s .
There is a lot we don't know about CB's rape trial. It just seems to be the way things are done in Germany as we struggle to check on the progress of the five current indictments.
DM was much more than an object of CB's perversion. She was a remarkably strong individual but despite that her life was marked by the evil CB put her through as she feared for her life.

DM Obituary​

1932 - 2021
DM passed away peacefully on March 17, 2021.
She graduated from Monrovia Arcadia Duarte (MAD) high school in 1950.
From where she headed to Stanford, graduating with a degree in English and Journalism.
After graduation DM went to the Lawrence Livermore Laboratory and the Jet Propulsion Laboratory where she worked as an editor.
She and her second husband lived and worked over 25 years in Washington D.C., Tokyo, and Boulder Colorado. They loved to travel and explore the world.
While living in Washington D.C. DM worked at the Smithsonian Institution for 16 years editing the Journal ISIS and was managing editor of the Archives of American Art Journal and continued editing various books and museum catalogues. The couple found a wonderful place by the sea in the Algarve in Portugal in 1986.
Following her husband's death DM stayed in Portugal for 20 years and continued to travel using her brilliant and inquisitive mind and love of conversation, to see the world. She celebrated her 80th birthday in Laos.

So from the original dates kindly posted by niner the 3rd and 8th of this month were dropped was it or has it been explained why?

from my notes:

Proceedings before the 2nd Criminal Chamber in connection with five offenses against sexual self-determination cancellation of dates. The Presiding Judge of the 2nd Criminal Chamber has canceled the continuation dates for Friday, May 3 & Wed., May 8, 2024. Trial will continued on Wednesday, May 15, 2024 @ 9am. The others were cancelled, possibly because of the rejection of the defense's motion for retrial in the case of the rape of D. Menkes in 2019.

from my notes:

Proceedings before the 2nd Criminal Chamber in connection with five offenses against sexual self-determination cancellation of dates. The Presiding Judge of the 2nd Criminal Chamber has canceled the continuation dates for Friday, May 3 & Wed., May 8, 2024. Trial will continued on Wednesday, May 15, 2024 @ 9am. The others were cancelled, possibly because of the rejection of the defense's motion for retrial in the case of the rape of D. Menkes in 2019.
Thanks Niner, but the dates that were cancelled were dates from the get go, so were these two allocated to the motion prior to the start of the trials ?

Thanks Niner, but the dates that were cancelled were dates from the get go, so were these two allocated to the motion prior to the start of the trials ?

You know - I have NO idea!! I just "assumed" all the dates were going to be trial dates - and no mention of any motions prior to trial that I can find.

You know - I have NO idea!! I just "assumed" all the dates were going to be trial dates - and no mention of any motions prior to trial that I can find.
I agree I thought the defence bolted it on once the trial had started, it could be the additional dates into October were for witnesses from there dates and room had been made for the motion in case it was successful.

According to the Sun HeB to give evidence this month.No actual quotes you'll notice only a source.No exclusive from JC and the Olive so who knows?

Last edited:
According to the Sun HeB to give evidence this month.No actual quotes you'll notice only a source.No exclusive from JC and the Olive so who knows?

Interesting.

“This is applicable to your health data files and CB’s defence team have therefore claimed he had never given his consent.

“The problem for him is the body scan was not a private act but made in connection with his previous sexual crimes and ordered by a judge.”

Full-body pictures of CB are understood to have been taken while he was in custody for previous offences – before he decided to get the mark removed.

CB is said to have been left with just a scar between his thigh and hip, which his defence team will claim is a coincidence.

His defence team have already asked a number of witnesses if they recalled the birthmark.

Prosecutors are said to be working on a legal solution, which will allow them to use the pictures as evidence in the current trial.

HB is set to give evidence at the trial in Braunschweig, Germany, in May, in person – although a request has been made for the harrowed victim to give evidence via videolink.

The court has heard CB filmed as he raped and whipped her – leaving her in fear he would behead her, in Praia da Rocha, in June 2004.

During the attack the masked sicko allegedly asked her: “You are afraid of me aren’t you?”

When she lied and said “no” he whipped the helpless holiday rep then chillingly demanded: “Are you afraid of me now?”

CB was convicted of the aggravated rape of DM who testified that he enjoyed terrorising her. HB's assailant displayed the same eagerness to instil terror throughout his viciously sustained attack on her.
Both rape survivors feared for their lives.

The judges are privy to all the evidence and if CB's defence team are trying to have material evidence excluded they will know about it.
Very difficult conundrum when HB's 2004 evidence is already on police file. I doubt the defence will succeed in this particular endeavour. My opinion

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayana2cool4school
Back