Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #3

If there is a photograph of CB on the balcony at "Condomínio Clube Praia da Rocha III" where HB was raped it proves his familiarity with the building and perhaps the occupants.
HB felt there had been times someone had been in her room.

Remarkable that CB was familiar with rape crime scenes at quite a distance removed from each other.

My thoughts are with HB as she relives her ordeal in court tomorrow.
I'm sure he was familiar with lots of places. He did live, (and sometimes work) in the area for several years.

Wednesday, May 15th:
*Trial continues (Day 14) (@ 9am CET) – Germany/Portugal - Hazel Behan (20 @ time/now 40) (in her home, June 16, 2004, Praia de Rocha on the Algarve coast, 10 miles from Praia de Luz, Portimao, Portugal) - *Christian Stefan Brückner (Bruekner) (27 @ time of 1st crime (2004)/45/now 47) charged (Oct. 11, 2022) with sexual assault (suspect held a knife & brutally raped her. The accused then tied & gagged the woman to a table & raped her again. He then whipped the victim on the back with a whip he had brought with him & finally forcibly performed oral sex with the victim. The accused filmed large parts of the events with a video camera he had brought with him). Braunschweig Regional District Court
Germany/Portugal – *Charged (Oct. 11, 2022) & arrest warrant reinstated 11/18/22 - a 14 year old teenager (unknown victim) (on tape: assaulted/hit the naked girl with a whip. Said to have brutally forced the girl to have oral sex. The accused also videotaped this act). Took place between Dec. 28, 2000 to April 8, 2006 on the Praia da Luz, Algarve coast, Portugal.
Germany/Portugal - *Charged (Oct. 11, 2022) & arrest warrant reinstated 11/18/22 - an elderly woman 70-80 yrs old (unknown victim) a Tour Rep (tied up & raped the victim in her holiday apt. He then hit the victim several times with a whip. The accused is said to have recorded the entire event with a video camera). Took place around the same time (between Dec. 28, 2000 to April 8, 2006) on the Praia de Luz, Algarve coast, Portugal.
Germany/Portugal – *Charged (Oct. 11, 2022) & arrest warrant reinstated 11/18/22 - 10 year old German girl (Joana E.) (wearing only shoes & otherwise naked. He grabbed the child's wrist & began to perform masturbation movements on his naked penis). On Salema (Zalema) beach, near Praia de Luz, Portugal, April 7, 2007).
Germany/Portugal – *Charged (Oct. 11, 2022) & arrest warrant reinstated 11/18/22 – Ines VP (11 year old Portuguese girl) (pulled down his trousers & underpants & made masturbation movements on his naked penis in order to sexually arouse himself, until the frightened girl ran to her father for help. The suspect was arrested on the spot by the Portuguese police). Exposed himself in playpark, São Bartolomeu de Messines, June 11, 2017).
Trial began on February 16, 2024. (And continued on Feb. 23rd, Mar. 1st & 14th, Apr. 2nd, 10th, 12th, 17th, 19th, 24th & 26th, May 2nd).
Trial dates: May 15, 16, 17, 21, 22, 23, 28, 29, June 4, 5, 6, 25, 26, July 5, August 5, 15, 16, Sept. 5, 26, 27, Oct. 2, 7, 8, 21 & Oct. 22, 2024. (Expected to last up to 8 months, it was 3 months).
Presiding Judge Dr. Engemann. Lead Prosecutor Ute Lindermann. Defense attorneys Dr. Friedrich Fülscher, Philipp Marquort, Dennis Bock & Atilla Aykac.
Brueckner is currently serving a 7 year sentence for the 2005 rape on a pensioner; was sentenced in 2019. Release in 2026.

Case info & charges from June 1, 2020 thru Jan. 18, 2024 & Trial Day 1-13 (Feb. 16 thru May 2) reference post #404 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...imes-praia-de-rocha-portugal-3.708597/page-21

May 3, 2024 Thursday, Trial Day X: *Proceedings before the 2nd Criminal Chamber in connection with five offenses against sexual self-determination cancellation of dates. The Presiding Judge of the 2nd Criminal Chamber has canceled the continuation dates for Friday, May 3 & Wed., May 8, 2024. Trial will continued on Wednesday, May 15, 2024 @ 9am. The others were cancelled, possibly because of the rejection of the defense's motion for retrial in the case of the rape of D. Menkes in 2019.
For more info see posts #430 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...imes-praia-de-rocha-portugal-3.708597/page-22

*Full-body pictures of CB are understood to have been taken while he was in custody for previous offences – before he decided to get the mark removed. CB is said to have been left with just a scar between his thigh & hip, which his defence team will claim is a coincidence. His defence team have already asked a number of witnesses if they recalled the birthmark. Prosecutors are said to be working on a legal solution, which will allow them to use the pictures as evidence in the current trial.
*Hazel Behan is set to give evidence at the trial in Braunschweig, Germany, in May via video link.
Trial continues on Wednesday, May 15, 2024 @ 9am.

Last edited:
According to this, the body images of CB were taken in 2022.

With regard to the crime of the witness from Ireland, it was always about the question of whether she could recognize the perpetrator by a special feature such as a scar or a birthmark. In the summer of 2022, a recognition service measure, in which corresponding photos are taken, was carried out with the consent of the defendant.

The above makes sense. CB is jailed and the BKA were likely trying to tie him to crimes based on marks and scars on his body.

I think the reports that he had a mark removed are far fetched to be honest.

No mention of a scar but the video is.

Then he came around and took the video camera and filmed all around my body, calling me a fat *advertiser censored*.

On the evening of June 15, she had fallen asleep on her bed when a voice woke her up.

" I was terrified. I saw a man, all in black, masked, with a knife in his hand. He knelt with one leg on my back, covered my mouth, pulled my hair. He said in English: 'Don't scream, or I'll kill you!'"

What she still remembers from that night: "There was something on the man's thigh. You could see it through the tights." For the court, she draws her memory again on a piece of paper: a narrow cross. A tattoo, perhaps. A scar. Or simply a running stitch? "A dark spot. I still don't know what it was."

In June 2020, 16 years after the terrible night, her brother HB sent a link via Whatsapp: For the first time, details about the investigation against Christian Brückner had become public. The Irish woman thought she recognized her tormentor: about 1.80 meters tall, light eyebrows, piercing blue eyes. He spoke English with a German accent. CB, she read, had just been on trial: in 2005, he had tied up, whipped and raped a woman in the Algarve. HB recognized her story.

HB still has the scars in the hollows of her knees, cut by the shackles. So are the scars on her soul: she has been taking antidepressants for years, even if they only help moderately against the panic attacks. "They have become part of my everyday life."

Only her family gave her support, says the witness. HB is married and has three children. "At the lowest point, I had already chosen the wall I wanted to drive against. If I hadn't found out that I was pregnant with my son, I would have killed myself. Without this pregnancy, I wouldn't be here today."

So the much talked about scar is maybe a run in tights, we have it from the victim.

"There was something on the man's thigh. You could see it through the tights." For the court, she draws her memory again on a piece of paper: a narrow cross. A tattoo, perhaps. A scar. Or simply a running stitch? "A dark spot. I still don't know what it was."

Has that ever been mentioned by HaB before, do we know, the possibility of this 'mark' being a run in the tights? Or is that new speculation? Because that opens doors for the prosecution.

HaB will be able to pinpoint where this alleged mark was (in recent reporting, it seems to be wandering all over the place, left thigh, right thigh, left buttock, right buttock) so that'll be good info to have clarification on, the approx placing of this mark. But even if CB doesn't have any mark in the place HaB remembers the mark as being (and if there's no evidence of him having any 'mark' removed from same area), that still leaves the possibility that it was a run in the tights. It's not a win either way and an 'unresolved conclusion' is not going to take anything away from all the other similarities between HaB and DM's and the unknown victim's attacks that the prosecution has in its bag.

I feel for HaB, having to go through all this.

Last edited:
Anxala said:
snipped by me...

Has that ever been mentioned by HaB before, do we know, the possibility of this 'mark' being a run in the tights? Or is that new speculation? Because that opens doors for the prosecution.

Yes, I read previously that the mark could have been a run in the tights.

Does HaB's statement to the Portuguese in 2004 correlate with what she said to the Germans ?

Yes, I read previously that the mark could have been a run in the tights.
I too have read this somewhere.

But the witness who was in terror for her life as well as being in excruciating pain was only able to ascertain there was something there because the rapist wore tights obscuring exactly what it was.

Snip
On Wednesday, they said Ms B’s original testimony to German police should be dismissed as the officer who conducted the English-language interview was not qualified to do so.
This was dismissed by the court, as were their previous claims that CB cannot expect a fair trial in Germany due to the publicity around the MM case.

Ms B told police her attacker had blond hair, piercing blue eyes and spoke with a German accent. She also said he had a tattoo and a scar or birthmark on his upper leg. Ms B’s testimony continues on Thursday and the CB trial is scheduled to last until October at least.

Does HaB's statement to the Portuguese in 2004 correlate with what she said to the Germans ?
I would like to think so but given the appalling way it was handled and closed so swiftly makes me doubt the taking and possible translation issues.HaB thankfully has said enough regarding her rape way before CB name was put forward.Helpful insight from the recent Finnish witnesses confirming CB association with the condominium or just another coincidence to add to the list of many.

I imagine that CB's defence team will have seen the 2004 police statement. It is evidence.
Which is probably why they objected to it.
On Wednesday, they said Ms B’s original testimony to German police should be dismissed as the officer who conducted the English-language interview was not qualified to do so.
This was dismissed by the court,

This was dismissed by the court,
Rightfully so, FF same old……..

@RichardKimble
I am aware and hope these motions pass through quickly , there’s been enough delays.Just yet to see CB spoken about credibly even by his own defence team in any shape or form.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti
Back