Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #3

@RichardKimble
I am aware and hope these motions pass through quickly , there’s been enough delays.Just yet to see CB spoken about credibly even by his own defence team in any shape or form.
They don't need to and probably can't, the prosecution have to prove, it's not about his character it's about the actual offences or alleged at this stage and evidence pointing to him.For instance can HaB positively identify CB as her attacker, blonde hair and blue eyes cover a lot of Germans I'd venture.

They don't need to and probably can't, the prosecution have to prove, it's not about his character it's about the actual offences or alleged at this stage and evidence pointing to him.For instance can HaB positively identify CB as her attacker, blonde hair and blue eyes cover a lot of Germans I'd venture.
Yes but how many Germans were convicted rapists operating in those Portuguese resort areas with the same MO?

Yes but how many Germans were convicted rapists operating in those Portuguese resort areas with the same MO?
CB May have committed this crime and HaB went through a terrible ordeal.

It is important that he is convicted BARD. I question the MO. Both filmed the attacks but that’s where it ends. Not even the descriptions of the attackers are remotely close.

CB May have committed this crime and HaB went through a terrible ordeal.

It is important that he is convicted BARD. I question the MO. Both filmed the attacks but that’s where it ends. Not even the descriptions of the attackers are remotely close.
What is a puzzle is that there are two identified victims claiming video taping yet no sign of these films, two unidentified victims allegedly seen on film ?

I agree, but just because he's guilty of one does not automatically qualify him guilty of another.

Thursday, May 16th:
*Trial continues (Day 15) (@ 9am CET) – Germany/Portugal - Hazel Behan (20 @ time/now 40) (in her home, June 16, 2004, Praia de Rocha on the Algarve coast, 10 miles from Praia de Luz, Portimao, Portugal) - *Christian Stefan Brückner (Bruekner) (27 @ time of 1st crime (2004)/45/now 47) charged (Oct. 11, 2022) with sexual assault (suspect held a knife & brutally raped her. The accused then tied & gagged the woman to a table & raped her again. He then whipped the victim on the back with a whip he had brought with him & finally forcibly performed oral sex with the victim. The accused filmed large parts of the events with a video camera he had brought with him). Braunschweig Regional District Court
Germany/Portugal – *Charged (Oct. 11, 2022) & arrest warrant reinstated 11/18/22 - a 14 year old teenager (unknown victim) (on tape: assaulted/hit the naked girl with a whip. Said to have brutally forced the girl to have oral sex. The accused also videotaped this act). Took place between Dec. 28, 2000 to April 8, 2006 on the Praia da Luz, Algarve coast, Portugal.
Germany/Portugal - *Charged (Oct. 11, 2022) & arrest warrant reinstated 11/18/22 - an elderly woman 70-80 yrs old (unknown victim) a Tour Rep (tied up & raped the victim in her holiday apt. He then hit the victim several times with a whip. The accused is said to have recorded the entire event with a video camera). Took place around the same time (between Dec. 28, 2000 to April 8, 2006) on the Praia de Luz, Algarve coast, Portugal.
Germany/Portugal – *Charged (Oct. 11, 2022) & arrest warrant reinstated 11/18/22 - 10 year old German girl (Joana E.) (wearing only shoes & otherwise naked. He grabbed the child's wrist & began to perform masturbation movements on his naked penis). On Salema (Zalema) beach, near Praia de Luz, Portugal, April 7, 2007).
Germany/Portugal – *Charged (Oct. 11, 2022) & arrest warrant reinstated 11/18/22 – Ines VP (11 year old Portuguese girl) (pulled down his trousers & underpants & made masturbation movements on his naked penis in order to sexually arouse himself, until the frightened girl ran to her father for help. The suspect was arrested on the spot by the Portuguese police). Exposed himself in playpark, São Bartolomeu de Messines, June 11, 2017).
Trial began on February 16, 2024. (And continued on Feb. 23rd, Mar. 1st & 14th, Apr. 2nd, 10th, 12th, 17th, 19th, 24th & 26th, May 2nd).
Trial dates next: May 17, 21, 22, 23, 28, 29, June 4, 5, 6, 25, 26, July 5, August 5, 15, 16, Sept. 5, 26, 27, Oct. 2, 7, 8, 21 & Oct. 22, 2024. (Expected to last up to 8 months, it was 3 months).
Presiding Judge Dr. Engemann. Lead Prosecutor Ute Lindermann. Defense attorneys Dr. Friedrich Fülscher, Philipp Marquort, Dennis Bock & Atilla Aykac.
Brueckner is currently serving a 7 year sentence for the 2005 rape on a pensioner; was sentenced in 2019. Release in 2026.

Case info & charges & Brueckner info from June 1, 2020 thru Jan. 18, 2024 & Trial Day 1-13 (Feb. 16 thru May 3) reference post #522 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...imes-praia-de-rocha-portugal-3.708597/page-24

May 15, 2024 Wednesday, Trial Day 14: Hazel Behan [was working in an Algarve resort as a holiday rep].
For more info see posts #525 & 527 (articles) here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...imes-praia-de-rocha-portugal-3.708597/page-27
Trial continues on Thursday, May 16, 2024 @ 9am.

Of course not - that's why there is a trial. It's just my opinion that there are many coincidences
What is a puzzle is that there are two identified victims claiming video taping yet no sign of these films, two unidentified victims allegedly seen on film ?
This doesn't say much though. HB and MS might not have seen the tapes that had those rapes. We have been told there were many tapes that CP threw away.

Will HaB be asked questions by the defence, do you know?

@RichardKimble
I am aware and hope these motions pass through quickly , there’s been enough delays.Just yet to see CB spoken about credibly even by his own defence team in any shape or form.

This is all standard. Typically in our system these motions to exclude evidence take place before trial or in a sidebar, as there is a jury who cannot hear about the evidence if it is to be excluded. In the german system there is no need to exclude the evidence from the judges, so these issues appear to be handled on the fly.

As such, nothing is being delayed in my opinion.

Of course not - that's why there is a trial. It's just my opinion that there are many coincidences

This doesn't say much though. HB and MS might not have seen the tapes that had those rapes. We have been told there were many tapes that CP threw away.

Whether the coincidences are sufficient is the big question i guess. They tend to need to be signatures or an identifiable MO in english criminal law.

There are a few unusual aspects to this

Entering via the balcony
Whipping/striking
Masking
Videoing

I do wonder if any of them are similar enough on their own to match to the previous 3 cases. But perhaps taken together?

HeB doesn't really appear to have identified CB positively IMO

Will HaB be asked questions by the defence, do you know?
There are more details is the below article, including some pretty damning stuff about the Portuguese police.

She hasn’t finished giving evidence yet so perhaps there will be some cross examination then.

MSN

Whether the coincidences are sufficient is the big question i guess. They tend to need to be signatures or an identifiable MO in english criminal law.

Entering via the balcony
Whipping/striking
Masking
Videoing

I do wonder if any of them are similar enough on their own to match to the previous 3 cases. But perhaps taken together?

Swimming goggles with DM and the unidentified British victim is a strong signature IMO. It doesn’t continue to HaB though.

Entering via the balcony
Whipping/striking
Masking
Videoing

Is entering via the balcony a specific MO in Portugal where it’s warm, people are relaxed and perhaps less likely to lock, and not have to pass through a common reception area in apartments. IMO, a practical access point.

I feel similar about masking, anyone wanting to reduce their chances of being identified would do this.

Swimming goggles with DM and the unidentified British victim is a strong signature IMO. It doesn’t continue to HaB though.
Wasn't the HaB rape earlier than the DM one, so googles might be a later refinement.

@Mex

Yes the possibility of a pull in the tights mentioned in Guardian interview 2020.

Reading the ordeal which this man put HB through makes it crystal clear that this is a very dangerous person who absolutely needs to be permanently removed to a place where he can cause no further damage.

Seldom can there have been a more reliable account of events from an injured party who certainly was correct to fear for her life throughout the hours of her ordeal. Just as DM feared for hers.

Everything has belatedly come together to result in the finger being firmly pointed at a confirmed sexual predator who in effect, has been unable to assist his defence with any concrete evidence forcing them to go for procedural issues or rubbishing witnesses or attempting to bar their testimony from being heard.

There is a bigger picture here which negates much of the tabloid tittle-tattle we ponder over. The court is studying all the information and evidence in hand to enable justice and to ensure that the right perpetrator is apprehended.
They take their task very seriously indeed.
My opinion

Wasn't the HaB rape earlier than the DM one, so googles might be a later refinement.
Yes but we don’t know when the alleged British victim was attacked. He lived at the farmhouse from 2000 to 2006.

I’m not sure that this matters though. To convict CB for HaB crime, there has to be a strong connection from DM to HaB. He was convicted for DM on forensic evidence.

There are some similarities - filming, forensic mitigation but there are also some big differences - description of the offender, age of the victim, length of the crime.

Reading the ordeal which this man put HB through makes it crystal clear that this is a very dangerous person who absolutely needs to be permanently removed to a place where he can cause no further damage.

Seldom can there have been a more reliable account of events from an injured party who certainly was correct to fear for her life throughout the hours of her ordeal. Just as DM feared for hers.

Everything has belatedly come together to result in the finger being firmly pointed at a confirmed sexual predator who in effect, has been unable to assist his defence with any concrete evidence forcing them to go for procedural issues or rubbishing witnesses or attempting to bar their testimony from being heard.

There is a bigger picture here which negates much of the tabloid tittle-tattle we ponder over. The court is studying all the information and evidence in hand to enable justice and to ensure that the right perpetrator is apprehended.
They take their task very seriously indeed.
My opinion
CB is a vile criminal but he hasn’t been convicted yet. HaB’s account is harrowing but she is identifying CB by his eyes. She thinks it’s him, I’m sure she hopes it’s him but does the evidence confirm it?

Is entering via the balcony a specific MO in Portugal where it’s warm, people are relaxed and perhaps less likely to lock, and not have to pass through a common reception area in apartments. IMO, a practical access point.

HeB was on the 5th floor. I wondered did he climb up there? But not sure if this was a factor in the DM case. I am guessing this is why they've led the burglary evidence, which on it's face has nothing much to do with the HeB case, but perhaps they are trying to tie the climbing to a higher floor as an unusual element - where he was proficient.
I feel similar about masking, anyone wanting to reduce their chances of being identified would do this.

I agree generic masking wouldn't be enough - there needs to be a strong similarity in the style

The news reporting doesn't really address these details unfortunately

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti
Back