Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ref the three other attacks, these were in Portugal presumably and it seems the perps or perp were apprehended, but the Portuguese didn't prosecute in the HaB case? lack of evidence? which seems to be the case even now.

A narrative is being speculated on the grounds of a behind a paywall newspaper article.

It would be better to wait for accredited outcomes to be printed which will keep us informed of the actual facts relevant to CB's trials for sexual crimes and what is actually going on in the Braunschweig court.
My opinion

With CB as target why complicate matters by looking elsewhere ?
CB is a target because he is a proven sexual predator against whom the German prosecutors have amassed sufficient evidence to justify charges being led against him for which he is currently on trial.

A narrative is being speculated on the grounds of a behind a paywall newspaper article.

It would be better to wait for accredited outcomes to be printed which will keep us informed of the actual facts relevant to CB's trials for sexual crimes and what is actually going on in the Braunschweig court.
My opinion
Being behind a paywall doesn't in itself make a report unreliable. Both the Times and the Telegraph operate paywalls.

Paywalls exist to prevent content from being available to non subscribers. Respecting copyright entails that only a summary of content is allowed for discussion.

Speculation despite complete ignorance of content or context of the source may well lead to inaccurate information being propagated.
My opinion

Paywalls exist to prevent content from being available to non subscribers. Respecting copyright entails that only a summary of content is allowed for discussion.

Speculation despite complete ignorance of content or context of the source may well lead to inaccurate information being propagated.
My opinion
but some of us do subscribe to these sites so can see the whole article for ourselves. I have often shared whole articles to people on here privately

but some of us do subscribe to these sites so can see the whole article for ourselves. I have often shared whole articles to people on here privately
Point accepted.
My point is that we seem to be discussing behind paywall content which no-one has claimed to have had sight of. Nor has anyone voicing opinion shared an informed summation of the content.
Speculation is likely to be misleading when so little information is available or misunderstood and is thus best avoided.
My opinion

Point accepted.
My point is that we seem to be discussing behind paywall content which no-one has claimed to have had sight of. Nor has anyone voicing opinion shared an informed summation of the content.
Speculation is likely to be misleading when so little information is available or misunderstood and is thus best avoided.
My opinion
Every article pertaining to CB in the press in regards to the trial and indeed MM is speculation, nothing is proven.

Can you include me next time! :D Need some notes on this trial. Never followed one in Europe before - and it is sure different than U.S. trials....

Every article pertaining to CB in the press in regards to the trial and indeed MM is speculation, nothing is proven.
That is inaccurate.
For example - CB's defence team tried to have reference to the aggravated rape CB inflicted on DM. Even having the trial judge who pronounced sentence on him called as a witness to his present trial.
His conviction in that case which leads on to CB's present trials for five separate accusations of sexual crimes committed against women and children, was well and truly proven in a German court in 2019.

Can you include me next time! :D Need some notes on this trial. Never followed one in Europe before - and it is sure different than U.S. trials....
This is only the second time I have tried to follow a high profile trial under a German jurisdiction.
Although to be fair the trial outlining DM's ordeal at CB's hands was not high profile at the time because CB's identity had not been had not been hinted at in the Saunokoko podcasts
Like you I found getting German source information regarding the DM rape next to impossible. I am finding getting information regarding the five alleged sexual assaults behind an impregnatable screen.

The USA and Britain use an adversarial system which we understand. In Britain there is no difficulty in following high profile court proceedings; the day's events in court sometimes leading the evening news.
Germany operates a different system which seems to be much more discrete in many ways than the process with which we are familiar. Clarity about the day in German court is difficult to follow. Just two different systems.

I don't know if the link I posted is acceptable so I've included this one

Trouble is we get bits with no follow up, there were reports that a Finnish couple were to testify , did they, JE the German girl on the beech, has evidence been heard in relation to that?

As JC seems to be resident reporter, you might think that he would give comprehensive reports of each day's activity, but for some reason he is very selective in his reporting and mixes his opinions in with any factual reporting

As JC seems to be resident reporter, you might think that he would give comprehensive reports of each day's activity, but for some reason he is very selective in his reporting and mixes his opinions in with any factual reporting
Unless it points CB in a bad light he's not interested.imo.

Trouble is we get bits with no follow up, there were reports that a Finnish couple were to testify , did they, JE the German girl on the beech, has evidence been heard in relation to that?
Obviously proceedings within the court will be running smoothly. It is the media reporting which is entirely different to everything we are used to, making it difficult for us to follow what is going on.
Just a different way of prioritising things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member