Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously proceedings within the court will be running smoothly. It is the media reporting which is entirely different to everything we are used to, making it difficult for us to follow what is going on.
Just a different way of prioritising things.
Indeed it’s sporadic at best and the translations make it cryptic at times , hopefully it will be detailed better once it is completed.

We are still waiting to hear anything about CB in a good light.Even FF wouldn’t let him look after his kids but maybe his dogs , he may want to re think that !.
But if CB is guilty, let the courts decide that. It’s troubling to me that HCW, JC and lots of other MSM reports have already convicted him. Does it not seem peculiar to you that the media want him to be guilty - why?

We are still waiting to hear anything about CB in a good light.Even FF wouldn’t let him look after his kids but maybe his dogs , he may want to re think that !.
I don't think he can be, but the point is the reporting from the msm and JC,unless it's a headliner grabber there's no interest, take the latest about the hard drives, not a mention is the court held in camera ? at times or a complete lack of interest.

@Denis R Tandib

Obviously it’s down to the courts to decide but personally I value the opinions of people who know or knew CB and the carnage he has been causing since the 90’s. The likes of JC and MSM are purely down to frustration at what wasn’t done properly at the time . I see no difference between JC and the most knowledgeable people on here some sadly no longer posting. JC however has the ability unlike people on here to visit and interview people relevant to CB and share his opinions and I thought most people understood that.

If half of it is bs whomever reports it,it’s down to peoples own opinions as what to do believe.Make no mistake CB is a sadistic rapist,deviant and every females nightmare and not just some two bit chancer/burglar .

Regarding the MM case you only have to look at the stern and authoritative way HCW has delivered certain phrases both audibly and visually since June 2020.

Indeed it’s sporadic at best and the translations make it cryptic at times , hopefully it will be detailed better once it is completed.

the reality is once the hype wore off it’s returned to being a small local case that isn’t big news in Germany.

that’s why you see some decent local coverage and a bit in Bild but nothing in the majors.

similarly the UK media who supposedly were hot for this trial have published not much.

i am not sure how much coverage people think similar cases elsewhere would get. i’ve followed UK murder trials where it has also been difficult to get much more than a daily summary.

IMO.

@Denis R Tandib

Obviously it’s down to the courts to decide but personally I value the opinions of people who know or knew CB and the carnage he has been causing since the 90’s. The likes of JC and MSM are purely down to frustration at what wasn’t done properly at the time . I see no difference between JC and the most knowledgeable people on here some sadly no longer posting. JC however has the ability unlike people on here to visit and interview people relevant to CB and share his opinions and I thought most people understood that.

If half of it is bs whomever reports it,it’s down to peoples own opinions as what to do believe.Make no mistake CB is a sadistic rapist,deviant and every females nightmare and not just some two bit chancer/burglar .

Regarding the MM case you only have to look at the stern and authoritative way HCW has delivered certain phrases both audibly and visually since June 2020.
Really, Carnage ? carnage. noun. car·nage ˈkär-nij. : great destruction of life (as in battle) : slaughter.

I don't think so.

Regarding proper investigation, the BKA don't come off too well, with the Inspector admitting that they failed to follow up on other similar rapes in Portugal committed by other people.

the reality is once the hype wore off it’s returned to being a small local case that isn’t big news in Germany.

that’s why you see some decent local coverage and a bit in Bild but nothing in the majors.

similarly the UK media who supposedly were hot for this trial have published not much.

i am not sure how much coverage people think similar cases elsewhere would get. i’ve followed UK murder trials where it has also been difficult to get much more than a daily summary.

IMO.

Totally understandable, yes I’ve been following the Braunschweig local reports but can be challenging with the translations.The ideal scenario would be a translator giving first hand information which I’m sure many papers do at various levels of requirement.Frustrating at times but it is what it is and procedures carried out away from the country of origin.

Really, Carnage ? carnage. noun. car·nage ˈkär-nij. : great destruction of life (as in battle) : slaughter.

I don't think so.

Regarding proper investigation, the BKA don't come off too well, with the Inspector admitting that they failed to follow up on other similar rapes in Portugal committed by other people.

Carnage can also mean destruction/ mayhem/ wrecking lives etc etc I’m sure know exactly what I was referring to . If there were other crimes that were the same mo and filmed is it possible you can send a link ?

Carnage can also mean destruction/ mayhem/ wrecking lives etc etc I’m sure know exactly what I was referring to . If there were other crimes that were the same mo and filmed is it possible you can send a link ?
Neither has he caused mayhem or destruction on the scale that you are implying
He has been convicted of a handful of serious crimes, mainly involving pre-pubescent girls.
He is not a one man crime wave raging across Europe.

@Denis R Tandib

BIB^ This is the problem.

While we do not know what evidence the BKA has in the MM case, we are starting to see their investigation in the other crimes.

IMO, they are hardly sure-fire convictions as many espoused on here before they began. We were led to believe that the thorough German federal investigators would only bring the cases to trial if they had high conviction they would get a conviction. To me, the evidence we read about is far from water tight.

I’ll go out on a limb here and say that if the MM case has similar evidence to the current trial, HCW and his fellow prosecutors have been irresponsible and wholly unethical in their statements to the media - it’s simply outrageous.

The only way the prosecutors can be right in their actions is if they have a smoking gun against CB… and I doubt they do.

@Davieson

I beg to differ , I never said he was one man crime wave across Europe just wherever he goes there are problems and that’s only what we know about. CB may have been able to put on a pair of smart shoes and blazer and charm a few people . Realistically a drunken woman beater, sadistic rapist, torturer who likes to film and view rape and violent abuse against females of all ages

Neither has he caused mayhem or destruction on the scale that you are implying
He has been convicted of a handful of serious crimes, mainly involving pre-pubescent girls.
He is not a one man crime wave raging across Europe.
CB is on trial accused of five counts of serious sexual assaults which took place over a number of years.
Throughout this time he led a peripatetic lifestyle and lived off the grid, based in the Algarve but active from one end of Schengen to the other and goodness knows where else.
He was known to carry out his law breaking activities throughout and brought himself to police attention regarding at least one missing child and at least one murdered young woman.

@Davieson

I beg to differ , I never said he was one man crime wave across Europe just wherever he goes there are problems and that’s only what we know about. CB may have been able to put on a pair of smart shoes and blazer and charm a few people . Realistically a drunken woman beater, sadistic rapist, torturer who likes to film and view rape and violent abuse against females of all ages
Which does not make him guilty in the charges he's facing.

Which does not make him guilty in the charges he's facing.
Not saying it does it’s just an observation of his personality and mo , I don’t believe there are other sadistic rapists who film assaults operating in the area and supporting evidence will convict him.

it was said in court that they failed to check on a list of known offenders that had committed similar crimes so there must have been something

As JC seems to be resident reporter, you might think that he would give comprehensive reports of each day's activity, but for some reason he is very selective in his reporting and mixes his opinions in with any factual reporting

With a starting premise of 'creepy evil fiend in a creepy van in a creepy woodland site doing fiendish things', I feel we need to lower our expectations dramatically downwards if we're waiting for JC to bring us anything that remotely resembles objective, let alone factual reporting.

it was said in court that they failed to check on a list of known offenders that had committed similar crimes so there must have been something
Does anyone know for a fact what exactly was said in court or is this just more speculation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynichick