Germany/Portugal - Christian Brueckner, 27 @ time of 1st crime (2004), charged with sexual assault crimes, Praia de Rocha, Portugal. #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I don't think it is speculation. It is discussing what was reported as being said in court.
If you choose to disagree, that's fine.
it was in the paper the other day. It is ok people not liking paywall...but that particular outlet does seem to be the best one IMO and that days testimony IMO showed issues with the investigation

I believe the issue should be with what is said in court and NOT reported, rather than with what is said and reported
I totally agree. The day Grimm testified the write up in Braunschweiger Zeitung made the BKA look pretty inept IMO but then read Bild that day and none of that is even mentioned and it is like why not?

I totally agree. The day Grimm testified the write up in Braunschweiger Zeitung made the BKA look pretty inept IMO but then read Bild that day and none of that is even mentioned and it is like why not?

BKA have no jurisdiction to investigate rapes in Portugal not committed by or against German citizens. That's the job of the PJ to trace, investigate and evaluate and they will have no appetite to do that for time-barred crimes. It almost beggars belief that HaB's rape wasn't on the list of unsolved rape cases given to BKA in the first place.
If there are similar Portuguese rape cases in which the perp has been convicted then of what concern is that to BKA, who have actually gathered evidence against the accused in unsolved cases? The only surprise is that FF hasn't asked for BKA to look at all similar rapes across the whole of Europe over the last 25 years on the off-chance he can find a suitable scapegoat for CB.

BKA have no jurisdiction to investigate rapes in Portugal not committed by or against German citizens. That's the job of the PJ to trace, investigate and evaluate and they will have no appetite to do that for time-barred crimes. It almost beggars belief that HaB's rape wasn't on the list of unsolved rape cases given to BKA in the first place.
If there are similar Portuguese rape cases in which the perp has been convicted then of what concern is that to BKA, who have actually gathered evidence against the accused in unsolved cases? The only surprise is that FF hasn't asked for BKA to look at all similar rapes across the whole of Europe over the last 25 years on the off-chance he can find a suitable s
that isnt what I was talking about tbh

that isnt what I was talking about tbh
Apologies - I read that BKA were criticised for this apparent lack of investigation into other cases.
If you were referring to the collection and recording of one specific USB stick then I understand this matter is already being considered by the judge, following a request for exclusion by defence.

Apologies - I read that BKA were criticised for this apparent lack of investigation into other cases.
If you were referring to the collection and recording of one specific USB stick then I understand this matter is already being considered by the judge, following a request for exclusion by defence.
they also didnt get back to the Pjs or check the list they were meant to have done and yes likewise the recording of the usb stick or lack of it to me makes them look inept.

If there are similar Portuguese rape cases in which the perp has been convicted then of what concern is that to BKA, who have actually gathered evidence against the accused in unsolved cases? The only surprise is that FF hasn't asked for BKA to look at all similar rapes across the whole of Europe over the last 25 years on the off-chance he can find a suitable scapegoat for CB.
Weirdly CB's defence was far more interested in what the witness had to say about the MM case than defending his client on the rape of HB.
Snip
CB’s lawyer FF asked the witness whether he remembered HB “expressing her regret” during an interview she had with him. The witness initially said he could not remember.
But after a passage of the interview was read out in the court in Braunschweig, Germany, he replied: “Yes, it was like that.” He added: “She said she had never imagined that there was a connection to the [MM] case. She regretted that she was unable to put two and two together.”

The astounding issue regarding the 2004 rape of HB and the 2005 rape of DM is that the Policia Judiciaria didn't investigate the similarities between them in 2005.

Both were exceedingly vicious.
Neither even came close to being investigated let alone solved.

The astounding issue regarding the 2004 rape of HB and the 2005 rape of DM is that the Policia Judiciaria didn't investigate the similarities between them in 2005.

Both were exceedingly vicious.
Neither even came close to being investigated let alone solved.
The victims are women.
The victims are also foreign women.

Macho Justice: the way Portuguese justice treats gender violence Makes grim reading.
*snipped"
"The clear message is that violence against women is something admissible, even protected, by courts of law. It is almost part of the Portuguese cultural heritage.

Another, more subliminal message, is that women, despite being formally equal to the law, are lower beings who do not need the same judicial protection as men; beings who, matter-of-factly, do not count as a whole person."

The victims are women.
The victims are also foreign women.

Macho Justice: the way Portuguese justice treats gender violence Makes grim reading.
*snipped"
"The clear message is that violence against women is something admissible, even protected, by courts of law. It is almost part of the Portuguese cultural heritage.

Another, more subliminal message, is that women, despite being formally equal to the law, are lower beings who do not need the same judicial protection as men; beings who, matter-of-factly, do not count as a whole person."
Of the charges featuring CB being tried in the German courts at present only the sexual assault in the children's playground involved indigenous Portuguese children.
Which is the only one resulting in immediate arrest.

There was also a spate of sexual assaults made mainly on British children none of which were solved; the intruder did not force entry.
These crimes were committed while the parents were asleep in anther room.

So there were numerous sexual assaults taking place throughout the Algarve with the assailant gaining night time access. The Portuguese police didn't seem to follow any of them through despite the fact most were reported. Certainly no arrests were made at the time nor did they appear to even have any suspects in mind.

they also didnt get back to the Pjs or check the list they were meant to have done and yes likewise the recording of the usb stick or lack of it to me makes them look inept.
Have just read the article in the Braunschweig news . Seems very unclear it firstly states that the BKA asked for a list of unsolved sexual assaults on the Algarve but never received anything. The BKA did their own investigation and discovered the DM assault in 2004. The PJ then located a box of evidence relating to DM held in Faro, the BKA then matched the hair found with CB.

All of a sudden there is now 3 similar crimes to that of HB that have come forward committed by offender/ offenders but no detail even though no list was not sent .Maybe FF has trawled PJ files and tried to find similarities between HB and DM assaults, if they are indeed of a similar mo I’ll wait until I hear that evidence otherwise it could well be irrelevant as the assaults bear no resemblance to evidence they have regarding CB.

Have just read the article in the Braunschweig news . Seems very unclear it firstly states that the BKA asked for a list of unsolved sexual assaults on the Algarve but never received anything. The BKA did their own investigation and discovered the DM assault in 2004. The PJ then located a box of evidence relating to DM held in Faro, the BKA then matched the hair found with CB.

All of a sudden there is now 3 similar crimes to that of HB that have come forward committed by offender/ offenders but no detail even though no list was not sent .Maybe FF has trawled PJ files and tried to find similarities between HB and DM assaults, if they are indeed of a similar mo I’ll wait until I hear that evidence otherwise it could well be irrelevant as the assaults bear no resemblance to evidence they have regarding CB.
The problem is that the evidence regarding CB is weak.

The BKA must have received files from the PJ otherwise they would never have known about the DM rape as they have no investigative jurisdiction in Portugal.

The BKA must have received files from the PJ otherwise they would never have known about the DM rape as they have no investigative jurisdiction in Portugal.
Unless after HeB got in touch with his I've seen rapes on film statement featuring CB the BKA asked the PJ if there were any unsolved attacks featuring filming, yet the HaB one wasn't either passed on or the BKA ignored it.

the part where it says the BKA did not get back to Portugal or check that list against other offenders was clear enough to me

the part where it says the BKA did not get back to Portugal or check that list against other offenders was clear enough to me
Will wait to see if this indeed true , we know the HB rape was omitted and there is conflicting reports on whether the DM was reported by the PJ or the BKA found it themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11