Gilgo Beach 4 Only (GB4)

Megan Waterman's mother Lorraine Lynn Ela passed away on Aug 8, she was 55 years old

She was so young, as was her daughter, just breaks my heart. My condolences to the family.

Thanks Betty. Although not possible to be sure bc the media really fubar'd this mess. But wrapped in burlap always sounded more plausible to me. Plus, Suffolk County has used geotextiles like burlap to aid erosion control by providing these big barriers of burlap (almost like a tube) and filling them w sand. They also pumped in alot of sand from other places to replenish. And in 2009 Hurricane Bill beach damage was severe; in some areas the damage was the worst since Hurricane Gloria in 1985. So one might wonder if perhaps things (bodies) that had been previously out of sight, were moved or effected during that storm. I'd assume large amounts of burlap would be on hand fairly often.
YESSS!! I am so happy I read through this thread in its entirety and came across your post! I have been trying to find specifically if it was sacks or wraps, as I had the same thoughts regarding the erosion barriers during Hurricane season too! But now that I have my answer I want to look into dates of hurricanes that touched down in NY during the years the girls went missing.

Thank you everyone for your dedication and amazing hard work you are kind enough to share. I have learned so much more on a case I thought I was quite well versed!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back