Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like a toupee but on the mug shot his hair looks natural.
Just a theory: could he suffer from trichitillomania?

Another interesting thing I found in the article:

I’m just looking at the statistics and doing the research,” the data-driven Johnston said modestly.

“We look at the research and we’ve been studying serial killers for probably 40 years,” she said.

“Serial killers rarely kill after the age of 50,” she added.

I wonder if SK cooling off after 50 could be explained by decreasing testosterone in older age.

However, nowadays, there are clinics that prescribe testosterone to aging men.

Could we see the “staying active after 50” trend in serial killers now?

could be! The curly haor looks real, maybe have had hair transplants and treatments, but it looks more real than the straight toupee one.

oh boy, oh great we absolutely could if he was getting testosterone treatments.

New York state police have removed a massive haul of weapons from suspected Gilgo Beach serial killer Rex Heuermann's Long Island home a day after scouring the property to determine whether he had any 'trophies' from three victims he's charged with murdering.

On Sunday morning, cops were seen carying out at least four long-barreled firearms from the 59-year-old architect's 'dungeon'-like Massapequa home as well as several blue plastic boxes with weapons in them.

Is anyone else creeped out by how close Rex Heuermann (born 1964), Joel Rifkin (born 1959) and Joseph Shulman (born 1954) lived to each other and were pretty close in age? All killed SWs. What's in the water in that part of LI?

Joseph Shulman address 11 Glow Lane Hicksville
Joel Rifkin address 1492 Garden Street East Meadow
Rex Heuermann address 501 1st avenue Massapequa Park
Could be just a fluke or could be if one is a serial killer into murdering sex workers, the area is more densely populated with easier access to more potential victims of one's preference versus a more remote or rural area.

I never thought I’d see the day a suspect was brought in for this case. Having followed since very early days I know that Newsday has a paywall on the site and there is going to be a massive ammt of coverage there, it is a local Long Island newspapers If you go to the website “wayback machine” you can copy and paste the URL of article you want to read and it will link you free version. This is a fantastic tool for any new sleuths out there who want to read about this case from beginning. Works on defunct websites as well and websites that are “wiped” from internet

Wouldn't it be the credibility of the witnesses that will be most challenged? They admit they cheated the "John" one night, when they saw him and his vehicle. I read there was drug usage among the roommates, who didn't bother to report her missing. This man does stand out and the observation of vehicle type started the unraveling that led to the arrest. If it goes to trial, this will be one interesting trial.
They're going to trial on the DNA!

I’m not a very visual person but I had to track this down.

NYPICHPDPICT000014115996.jpg

This looks creepy to me, but I don’t collect dolls or know anyone who collects dolls. It’s obviously supposed to stand upright, not lie flat like a coffin, but still creepy.

(Edit: also, I had never heard of time out dolls, and I just looked that up. What. The. Heck. That is some creepy Blair Witch Project stuff right there.)

I would like to know how old that doll is.

If it belongs to RH and not to a family member, two things come to mind. He either “acted out” some pedophilic impulses on dolls and then went after kids,

Or, remember how in both TB and GRK’s cases, there were attacks/disappearances in each neighborhood way before they grew up and became active SKs? In each case, there is a suspicion that a child was their first case.

I wonder if there was a child/teenager who disappeared in Long Island way before this guy became “officially” active?

This is more complex, as I think there were more kids. But in the beginning, GRK as a teenager attacking a young boy

ETA: it just came to my mind that RH emphasized that he always lived in Long Island. Was it so? His dad died when he was 11 - did the family move after that? He went to college - where? Where did he live during his first marriage? He bought this house from his mom - so, never ever lived anywhere else? It would be odd.

Last edited:
I put this here because I want to listen to and read her 911 call.

she had someone following her maybe stalking her on foot maybe she saw him hiding in the darkness and driving a ways in his car looking for her when she hid in a different location...he may have corralled her into the swampy area he was surely familiar with...a big man with enough power to kill with his bare hands if he wanted to..
quite a few things went wrong that night and if you think about it...it makes sense that RH would prowl around, drive around at night or if he just so happened upon a vulnerable woman...he could pull up along side her...she was already upset and scared about Pak because she didn't get paid..he could pull up along side and ask her if she needs help or wants to get in or if she needs some money...it's late at night , quiet...remote...what's to stop him?

a man his size? how terrifying..I know he did it..I have no doubt in my mind. mOO

We were discussing this a bit the other day. It's possible that his family needs some items out of the house, so the crime scene techs have to remove it instead of allowing the family to go in. But in the previous discussion, they were removing cat food and a cat tree/scratching post. This may valuable to the family, but I'm sure they'll take a closer look at it for evidence before releasing it to them. The cat stuff probably didn't have a lot of potential evidentiary value.
Yes I know there was postings on here stating she asked for cat necessities which seems reasonable. But to me the doll is unusual. It's not like they are seizing the home. At some point after the scene is fully processed, the property will be turned back over to her. The doll would not have gone anywhere otherwise if I'm making sense. I can't see them honoring a request for this type of item in the middle of executing a warrant and processing the scene. JMO. If the warrant return is filed and becomes public on the docket we will be able to see what they took. That may never happen though. It may remain sealed. All of this is to say my gut (and my gut only - speculation and opinion) is that they seized this item. MOO

Haven't read all the responses but if replacing a garage door, the windowless option is the cheapest one. Price goes up for window inserts. Just mentioning that in light of RH's apparent cash flow issues. So, having no windows could be ominous. Or not. Imo.

Or, the other obvious choice, he was doing stuff in there he didn't want seen. MOO

I wonder if he retired from killing or found a new burial ground.
I also wonder if he owns other properties.
LE and MSM are doing a good job informing the public, but we know what LE is reporting now is just the tip of the iceberg,

Probably another collection. Some form of OCD. JMO.
I could see a Mosin-Nagant and a WW1-era Mauser, and what appeared to be a sporsterized Mauser, in the photo. These are the types of firearms collected by people with an interest in military history or military firearms, and certainly not the sort one would use in a "shootout with cops".

I shouldn't be surprised, but still am, at the number of people on WS who know nothing about firearms, or firearms collecting. In the part of the country where I live, large gun collections are common. I have one myself.

this horrible man couldn't even provide a decent home for his family. mOO
Just imagine though being someone in New York City or somewhere else he frequents where there's nothing off about him. You are with him, think he's a nice, respectable guy with lots of talent, only to discover for the past 20 and maybe more years he was pure evil.

We were discussing this a bit the other day. It's possible that his family needs some items out of the house, so the crime scene techs have to remove it instead of allowing the family to go in. But in the previous discussion, they were removing cat food and a cat tree/scratching post. This may valuable to the family, but I'm sure they'll take a closer look at it for evidence before releasing it to them. The cat stuff probably didn't have a lot of potential evidentiary value.
Yes as stated in that post after you replied they aren't allowed to seize anything they want. I had to go back and edit because even though I know this from 30 years of practice I have no interest in becoming verified so i had to go find something to link to before made the statement.

I could see a Mosin-Nagant and a WW1-era Mauser, and what appeared to be a sporsterized Mauser, in the photo. These are the types of firearms collected by people with an interest in military history or military firearms, and certainly not the sort one would use in a "shootout with cops".

I shouldn't be surprised, but still am, at the number of people on WS who know nothing about firearms, or firearms collecting. In the part of the country where I live, large gun collections are common. I have one myself.

I think it's because he is a serial killer that's why. A normal person with a gun collection often doesn't alarm anyone.
With him, I'm curious if he only collected guns or used them in crimes or used to threaten women that's all.

Looks like they finally got into his gun safe today and have now (or are currently) removing many of his rifles and guns (firearms). Wonder why RH had so many firearms? Was he planning a shoot out with LE if he was ever apprehended? Just speculation, of course.
Those appear to be bolt-action rifles and semi-auto rifles with clips. They'd be useless for a cop shootout. My guess was he's just a firearm enthusiast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member