Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, we know perps do often insert themselves into an investigation. Or perhaps an aging man with a new show to promote reminding people he's still alive and revelent . . . creepy and perhaps time will tell.

Actually, how many thousands of people have done search on the Gilgo Beach murders? Or come on here WS true crime? That doesn't stand out. Now if he searched what material do you use to camouflaged bodies burried, well then....

As a non-american... you have a function to report that a house in your neighbourhood is not as pretty as the neighbours would want to? Wow.
Same here as another non US citizen.

The usual thing that people get reported for here is not cutting your grass, and you can get a letter from your council ordering you to do it.

Other things would be neighbours complaining of trees hanging over, or water leaking from next doors gutters.

On seeing the photos I have to say I expected it to look much worse the way it's being talked about.

It doesn't really look terribly unkempt to me. Or that bad, in my opinion.

I would love to watch it but I am struggling to find a way to access it from my location (Australia). It's kind of infuriating, because I have pay tv (Foxtel) which actually has A&E, but there's no The Killing Season when I search for it, so I can only assume it hasn't been released out here. Very annoying.
Do you have access to hulu

The usual thing that people get reported for here is not cutting your grass, and you can get a letter from your council ordering you to do it.

Other things would be neighbours complaining of trees hanging over, or water leaking from next doors gutters.

On seeing the photos I have to say I expected it to look much worse the way it's being talked about.

Yeh, it sort of looks like the "poor" house on the street. Everyone's got one .... but it is relative to the houses around it.. In my city in the Southeast of the US, you can report only building code violations / nefarious activities.. they will investigate and contact for that... but for just being sort of run down, they won't contact them.

I do not believe RH murdered Shannan. IF she was murdered (which I am not convinced she was) the chances of her making that 911 about the men she was with, running into two additional, possible sketchy men that night, then somehow winding up with a serial killer after all that who murders her and dumps her right in the area she was last seen in is just beyond improbable. If she was murdered, it was by one of the men she was with that night.

As for the rest - does anyone know when RH moved to his current home? My understanding is he was previously married and lived in NJ for a time. I would imagine any additional body dump sites he has would have been in the area he was actively living and knew well.

The only one of the bodies found I doubt he was involved in with was Peaches and her daughter. IMO, the daughter being involved points to the killer intimately knowing Peaches. Most likely her current or ex-partner. I just don't see a scenario in which an individual who is arranging dates with prostitutes to murder them ends up also murdering a small child. I would assume Peaches was not bringing her small daughter on these calls and if she did, I think it's more likely the killer would have simply called off the night or let her go once seeing her daughter there. The daughter was found very close to Valerie Mack's partial remains which is the hold up for me but I feel as though that's more likely a coincidence.

As for Fire Island Jane Doe, Valerie Mack and Jessica Taylor I think they could be RH victims or they could not be. Valerie Mack and Jessica Taylor were almost certainly done by the same person. Fire Island is a bit more unknown.

Did RH simply stop murdering after the bodies were found in 2010? Possibly. Seeing his victims be discovered could have spooked him and stopped him from committing any more murders.

Or...

He found a new dump site.
Someone who was talking earlier on the threads also mentioned that in the course of their work they'd known people who'd lost custody of their kids because they'd had clients in their home while the kids where home or taken kids with them on out calls because they didn't have a babysitter. So I don't think we can assume that if Peaches was a sex worker that she wouldn't have had her child with her if she was working. Even if she was working out of a hotel room, she may have put the baby in the bathroom with some toys, or if she had a car she used on an out call, left her in the car with the windows cracked, asleep. It's not ideal, to say the least, but people trying to survive do the best they can.

One thing we know for sure is that RH was looking up CSAM, violent stuff involving bruising and crying. I don't think that a child being in the mix would be a deal-breaker for him, given that search history.

MOO

Shepherd, 47, who worked with Heuermann for five years, spent three hours assessing his Massapequa Park, New York home for a renovation project in 2005 – just one of several close interactions she had had with him that have kept her awake at night since his arrest last week.

Speaking DailyMail.com, she described how she had developed a friendly, working relationship with the 59-year-old architect who is seen mingling with the interior designers and colleagues in exclusive photos published for the first time.

She revealed Heuermann even once took her to a firing range in the Bronx where he taught her how to fire a 9mm handgun.

On another occasion when she slipped on ice, Heuermann accompanied her to a hospital and then back to her apartment in Manhattan where he gave her meds.

Shepherd worked with Heuermann, off and on, from 2002 to 2007 and shared office space with him for two of those years in Manhattan, where he ran an architectural firm.

She would regularly travel with him to job sites as a freelance interior designer. At the time she found him smart and mostly friendly, if socially awkward.

She now likens him to a real-life Dexter, the Showtime character who led a double life as a serial killer.

'He's just like Dexter,' she told DailyMail.com. 'You'd never know if you met him. Dexter was also super normal and then he had that other side.'

The character Dexter was intelligent, a snappy dresser, likable, charismatic, and handsome, nothing like this putz. The only thing in common led to a double life that involved killing. That's it.

I would love to watch it but I am struggling to find a way to access it from my location (Australia). It's kind of infuriating, because I have pay tv (Foxtel) which actually has A&E, but there's no The Killing Season when I search for it, so I can only assume it hasn't been released out here. Very annoying.
It is also on Discovery+ and MAYBE Amazon Prime? If you have a "broken firestick" that's how I stream all the tings I can't get.

So, in the township where RH lives, you can file a complaint about a house whose grass is too long or if the structure is falling. In order to do something about an unkempt property, there has to be a clear code violation (grass longer than 7 inches) standing water, unsecured pools, rats/vermin, or a structure that is endangering people, pets or neighbors. The violator gets a fine, and from what I understand, accumulating unpaid fines are added to property tax charges. We aren't required to report it, and there are plenty of houses that look this way in some neighborhoods. from the TOH website: " Report a Housing-Related Issue - Report a housing-related issue to the Town of Hempstead. You may report an illegal apartment, tall grass, an unfenced pool, an unsafe structure, and more."

I believe they knew about the encounter in Brady Park because the victim filed a police report, so there's documentation of the encounter. If he was being tailed 24/7 detectives already knew about this encounter and may have pushed up the need to arrest sooner than expected. JMO
Hopefully the detectives know also, why RH was so alarmingly dirty, when he approached the young woman. He must have done something mysterious there in the woods/in the park. I assume, he didn't just get himself free plants.

I'm still puzzled about his hair. Maybe others are correct and that is his real hair. If it is... what kind of glue was he using to slick it down in his selfies, promo pics, video, etc... E6000? And, what happened to his sideburns in those pics?? (Sorry, his hair bugs me, lol)

This is true! I know most women would definitely want their hubby to fix up the front yard and finish painting the house or would want him to hire someone to do it ASAP. Neighbors will usually start nagging you also. Shocked no one reported the front porch roof looked delipidated and unstable. That would not fly in my neighborhood.
On Long Island, we generally don't ever confront the neighbors about these things.

Fortunately, LE was watching him closely. Based on him continuing to contact sex workers, etc., they decided the risk of him attacking someone was increasing. I wonder if they were aware of him stalking this woman?

ETA Not a good time to take a hike in the woods.
Wonder, if the detectives knew, whether RH's wife was going to be absent for several days again?

I had the exact same thought. Funny the impulse to defend a fictional serial killer that only killed horrible people.

Millions of Americans collect firearms, and some have large collections. It's no different that collecting coins, or fine wines, or matchbox cars, or whatever.

Then why not display them vs hiding them away? My friends who collect have beautiful display cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vymocycy