Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, there was an interview with an interior designer named Katherine Shepard in the DM in which she said she had been invited to RH's house in 2005 to look over and measure the place in preparation for a kitchen reno. She saw the locked basement room and RH told her no one is permitted in there. He said because of the guns.

It's interesting because the first of the G4 wasn't killed until two years later. I wonder if that has implications for the possibility of earlier victims.
That's very interesting and unsettling. I thought I read that he kept all of his guns in a very large safe?? So, indeed, why could she not go down there?

My guess would be the burlap bags were used in the garden.

JMO
I hope it isn't against advertiser guidelines to bring this up, but have you seen Mindhunter? It's a show "based on the 1995 true-crime book Mindhunter: Inside the FBI's Elite Serial Crime Unit by John E. Douglas and Mark Olshaker" chronicling the creation of the FBI's SK profiler unit. (Cameron Britton's turn as Edward Kemper is beyond amazing.)
What an incredibly well done show that was

From news sources I am am under the impression that: The truck that was hauled away in SC was the truck that RH owned at the time of the Gilgo 4 murders. He replaced that Chevy Avalanche with another Chevy Avalanche - that one was hauled from the Massapeua home last week.

Edited to add: The Chevy hauled from SC may or may not have been on one of the properties owned by RH or his brother CH. I don't know if that has been confirmed in the media yet.
Avalanche siezed in SC was on property owned by the Heuermanns

For one thing, why would a woman in her mid-twenties accept a date from then 49-year-old RH? He wasn't exactly a looker.
I was wondering if she meant "date" rather than a date date .. as in she was in a similar line of work as his other victims.. (or something adjacent like a sugar-daddy thing?) I agree though, if not that it doesn't sound super believable.

I was wondering if she meant "date" rather than a date date .. as in she was in a similar line of work as his other victims.. (or something adjacent like a sugar-daddy thing?) I agree though, if not that it doesn't sound super believable.

My humble opinion is that people who solicit sex workers are generally not "lookers" themselves. This is the only way they get what they want. But I've never ever done that, so I might be ignorant who goes to them.

Last edited:
Me too. I assume thats what she meant especially with the mention of meeting him on a sketchy site. I'm stuck though on what she said about knowing info that wasn't released to the public. I'm hoping if she was following the case that closely and immediately had red flags like she said she did, then she would have made an anon tip. She's sending up my own red flags though :rolleyes:

I was thinking the same thing - specifically the site “seeking arrangements”
When I saw this woman speaking about her date w RH I immediately thought of the website “seeking arrangements” . She was a very attractive woman and RH not so much. IMO this wasn’t a traditional date

Joel was a very disorganized serial killer. His kills were not always planned out. Some days he’d patronize multiple sex workers and spare some and kill the last. He was a literal mess emotionally and lived in constant fear of being caught and even tried to “curb” his urges but obviously that didn’t work out. I fear RH is much more dangerous of a killer and don’t know if he will be as cooperative w LE as Joel.
Agree that RH is not likely to be cooperative -- unless it suits his purpose. He may pretend he's cooperating and giving information to be helpful but the entire purpose is to "take credit" for his work, to show the public how smart he was in planning and carrying out his work. I wonder how quickly he would set the record straight if one of his victims "was given" to someone else? Plus, RH already needs to talk about this case. Has for years. He may feel compelled just to talk.

Agree that RH is not likely to be cooperative -- unless it suits his purpose. He may pretend he's cooperating and giving information to be helpful but the entire purpose is to "take credit" for his work, to show the public how smart he was in planning and carrying out his work. I wonder how quickly he would set the record straight if one of his victims "was given" to someone else? Plus, RH already needs to talk about this case. Has for years. He may feel compelled just to talk.
Great point here given that more and more people are coming out of the woodwork with their stories of encounters w RH and him bringing up the case

Please correct me if I have this wrong, but my understanding is the DNA in Maureen's case was degraded more than with the other cases and is taking longer to process. I think we will see charges against RH for Maureen's death soon enough.

jmo
Unfortunately, her phone records were not obtained when they should have been and are no longer available --- if I am recalling the Bail Application correctly. I believe you're right about the DNA for her, so maybe IF there is enough DNA remaining for a read anywhere down the line, it can be used. OR maybe, with all the searches, evidence will be found to make charging RH for her murder also possible.

Unfortunately, her phone records were not obtained when they should have been and are no longer available --- if I am recalling the Bail Application correctly. I believe you're right about the DNA for her, so maybe IF there is enough DNA remaining for a read anywhere down the line, it can be used. OR maybe, with all the searches, evidence will be found to make charging RH for her murder also possible.
Good point! We don't know what items obtained from the search warrants will tie him to what. They are taking so much, it seems! The case against him will be tied up (pun fully intended).

jmo

I'm with you. People that love to talk don't usually just stop. His options will dwindle once he is faced with prison time. No more architectural jobs to talk about. No more people to share your building code knowledge with. No more networking meetups to socialize in. No more "dates". I feel like theres a chance he's going to get infatuated with telling his own story.

My humble opinion is that people who solicit sex workers are generally not "lookers" themselves. This is the only way they get what they want. But I've never ever done that, so I might be ignorant who goes to them.
I think it's pretty normal to believe that, but attractive people use sex workers as well, for as many reasons as there are people. Busy life, unsatisfying relationship, socially awkward, or even just an unfulfilled fantasy.

I'm with you. People that love to talk don't usually just stop. His options will dwindle once he is faced with prison time. No more architectural jobs to talk about. No more people to share your building code knowledge with. No more networking meetups to socialize in. No more "dates". I feel like theres a chance he's going to get infatuated with telling his own story.

He's not the first serial killer from that neck of the woods either, be interesting if he ends up in jail with some of the others, there will be competition, Rifkind states he killed 17 women, not sure if any of the others are still alive, but there could be some sick competition thing going on. Just my opinion by the way. I hope they don't put him in the same facility

He's not the first serial killer from that neck of the woods either, be interesting if he ends up in jail with some of the others, there will be competition, Rifkind states he killed 17 women, not sure if any of the others are still alive, but there could be some sick competition thing going on. Just my opinion by the way. I hope they don't put him in the same facility
Rifkin and Bittrolff are both in Clinton together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500