Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm doing some light middle of the night reading, about how Dennis Rader managed to cause calamity after calamity for so many all while going relatively unnoticed. Came across the biggest (and dumbest) coincidence of them all. When Rader asked police if he could be traced if he sent a floppy disk, he told them to respond, in code, in the newspaper, addressing him by the name he gave his penis. They did. It said, "Rex, it will be okay."
REX!!

I presume one address is his home and Vegas timeshare. What are the other addresses?
Apologies if this was already addressed and I missed it but it looks like a history of places he live but not necessarily places he owned. Some would have been places he lived while not living at home, before moving back to his childhood home. If you’ve ever done a background check for employment or whatever, they ask you to list every place you’ve ever lived, rentals included.

Burke is moody, but smart. Since teenage years, he was blessed with one gift. It was the ability to make connections with people helpful to his career. Burke is out of jail and enjoying a good pension not because he’s such an asset to either the Suffolk police or the taxpayers. His mess started with beating up Loeb, but it ends there, too.

Here: from James Burke, Ex-Suffolk County Police Chief, Is Sentenced to 46 Months (Published 2016)

“Mr. Burke is the only person criminally charged in the case, and he has surprised a number of Suffolk County politicians and police officials by refusing to cooperate with prosecutors or help them build cases against his former colleagues.”

He is the “rotten apple” blamed for corrupting Suffolk police. He lost power, 600,000 salary and probably a lot of side perks, but he is alive, out and has a good pension.

Could he connect some loose ends in Shannon Gilbert’s case? He might have some guesses. Will he ever? Absolutely not IMHO. Can he kill? Yes, if he gets very angry. Is he a SK? Doesn’t seem like it, he appears to enjoy the limelight. JMO.
ames Burke, the swaggering police chief who had been running the department since 2012, was arrested in 2015 and later convicted on federal civil rights and obstruction of justice charges. He had beaten a suspect who had been arrested after stealing cigars and a bag containing *advertiser censored* and sex toys from Mr. Burke’s sport utility vehicle. The subsequent cover-up ensnared the district attorney at the time, Thomas J. Spota, who also landed in prison

The federal investigation into Suffolk County’s top lawmen spanned years during the Gilgo Beach case, a period during which both Mr. Burke and Mr. Spota had spurned help from the F.B.I.

Here is the poster/photo removed from RH's Massapequa home. I have rotated and slightly unwarped the image. No retouching or altering. Just removed the background.
View attachment 436188View attachment 436190
Thank you for doing this, @Ursamajr.

I really, REALLY hate saying this, but to my eye, this could possibly (IMO) be Melissa Barthelemy, especially after abuse/torture :'(

lisk-melissabarthelemy.jpg

Pic source:
Edited to add: I ran your edited image through 2 reverse-image-search engines, @Ursamajr, and there were no matches, perhaps (?) suggesting that this is not a commercially-available print or internet image file.

Last edited:
Thank you for doing this, @Ursamajr.

I really, REALLY hate saying this, but to my eye, this could possibly (IMO) be Melissa Barthelemy, especially after abuse/torture :'(

View attachment 436197

Pic source:
Edited to add: I ran your edited image through 2 reverse-image-search engines, @Ursamajr, and there were no matches, perhaps (?) suggesting that this is not a commercially-available print or internet image file.
This is so eerie. And also makes me wonder what went on in that house of horrors during the 42 days RH wife was of town/the period after Melissa went missing

to my eye, this could possibly (IMO) be Melissa Barthelemy
I still personally don't think the paintings are likely to be connected to anything. They just might have some bloodspatter on the frame or something. As far as we know, the killer did not paint, the daughter did paint and the daughter did not know anything about his dad committing the murders.

Yes, the painting is of a white young female with blonde straight hair (and without any other understandable features).
Yes, it is going to look like any other white young female with blonde straight hair.
I could say it is Olivia Wilde or Julianne Hough or Avril Lavigne.

I still personally don't think the paintings are likely to be connected to anything. They just might have some bloodspatter on the frame or something. As far as we know, the killer did not paint, the daughter did paint and the daughter did not know anything about his dad committing the murders.

Yes, the painting is of a white young female with blonde straight hair (and without any other understandable features).
Yes, it is going to look like any other white young female with blonde straight hair.
I could say it is Olivia Wilde or Julianne Hough or Avril Lavigne.
The painting may have encouraged him to hunt for blonde white females.

Here is the poster/photo removed from RH's Massapequa home. I have rotated and slightly unwarped the image. No retouching or altering. Just removed the background.
That makes me sick. Why on earth would someone have something like this? It looks more like a photo than a painting in the snipped clip. I hope it’s just some sick, twisted artwork and nothing more.

This looks like a painting to my eyes. Could it be something he had commissioned or painted himself to relive his experience? Absolutely frightening

I agree. The only thing Rex hunted were people...JMO
Also, you really need a dog if you're duck hunting. I've been on several duck hunts and a good water dog is essential (retrieving the ducks from the water that they are shot over). So either he had a dog at one point and hadn't duck hunted for years (used it as a guise to hide his real intentions) or he hunted with a friend who had a dog. I thought I read somewhere he shared a boat with someone, so maybe that person had the dog? Plus, hunting can be pretty hard work. You have to tramp through a lot of rough terrain to get to your duck blind. Duck hunting isn't as physically challenging as pheasant or deer hunting, but still, he doesn't look like he did a lot walking...

Suffolk County District Attorney Raymond Tierney called it a "watershed event" in the mystery.

The case illuminates a tactic that is a growingly important weapon in the arsenal of police detectives across the nation: Grabbing publicly available, private DNA – off abandoned food, soda cans, car doors, even cigarette butts – that belongs to suspected serial killers.

The process is called "surreptitious DNA collection."

"It works under the premise that you no longer have an expectation of privacy in things that you discard. It's abandoned DNA," said Peter Valentin, a department chair of forensic science at the University of New Haven and a former detective with the Connecticut State Police Department. "For the Gilgo Beach cases, what they’re doing is getting DNA from the garbage. Once you take garbage to the curb there's no longer an expectation of privacy."

Yet it's nearly impossible for people to avoid leaving their DNA behind on abandoned items. For that reason, the practice has stirred controversy among criminal justice advocates who argue the practice violates the Fourth Amendment of the United States Constitution. The amendment protects Americans from unreasonable searches and seizures.

"Most people would be happy to have these types of crimes solved," said Vera Eidelman, a staff attorney with the ACLU’s Speech, Privacy, and Technology Project, adding it's a trend her group has noticed particularly in cold cases. "But the logic that law enforcement is relying on, that once you abandon a piece of property you've both given up the property interest, and it's not private anymore, and the same goes for the DNA that happens to be deposited on those items is one the court and legislators have to do something about to protect us."

“There’s nothing we can really do. The nature of having a body is we do shed DNA," she said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74