Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the press conference with the attorneys for Heuermann’s family.

I have many thoughts. Many. None of which I think I can voice.

Interesting how (who I think is) Vess Mitev caught himself and changed his wording regarding victims.

This type of Presser would never happen in Australia.

It would happen behind the scenes between lawyer and client.

I found it distasteful.

Did I read that right, AE has cancer? How awful. Especially awful for the adult children. I feel so bad for this family.
I'm not watching the press conference but daily mail is reporting that, yes. Poor poor woman.

Her health insurance is through RH and will end when she divorces him :(

Macedonia said hair found at the crime scene was of Asa's likeness, but DNA has not been proven to be hers.

I'd be interested to see "before" photos of the interior of the home, taken the 1st day LE entered for the search warrant. With their attorney stating it was left "deplorable", things stacked floor to ceiling with just a small pathway to move, I mean, LE didn't bring things in, so they could have only moved around what was already there, no?

Macedonia said hair found at the crime scene was of Asa's likeness, but DNA has not been proven to be hers.

I'd be interested to see "before" photos of the interior of the home, taken the 1st day LE entered for the search warrant. With their attorney stating it was left "deplorable", things stacked floor to ceiling with just a small pathway to move, I mean, LE didn't bring things in, so they could have only moved around what was already there, no?

The contrary... They took truck after truck of stuff AWAY. And did not return most of it, as it is undergoing processing by evidence technicians. Yes, they moved everything about, but they didn't add anything, all that stuff was already there.

I mean, it's going to be difficult to find anything, like having movers who just put all the boxes wherever, and two weeks later, you still can't find the box with the cutlery in it, but it's not like they put a whole other household's worth of stuff in on top of what was already there and churned it. (I've dealt with that, and it is not fun.)

It's a mess to sort out, but it is what it is.

MOO

I'm not watching the press conference but daily mail is reporting that, yes. Poor poor woman.

Her health insurance is through RH and will end when she divorces him :(

That is just awful. Perhaps part of her divorce settlement, assuming he has any money, could be to cover her medical insurance for a certain amount of time.

Harrison seemed to gloss over any of the prior corruption within the SCPD and DA’s office. He completely dismissed any possibility that SG was murdered. These are likely the reasons why many members here were disenchanted by this interview.
Thanks to all that watched the most recent in studio discussion with the Police commissioner. I could only make it about 5 minutes in……

From reports I am seeing and this thread, I gave up on the video as it seems like two ‘end runs’ from it. 1) We got this suspect and how great this is…… and 2) apparent belief (disbelief?!) that Ms. Gilbert’s demise was an ‘accident’, and thus no apparent further investigation on it?

And I am not disavowing that they have made an arrest. It is just as many have noted, there are many victims, some still not identified as I recall, and the unfortunate incident of Ms. Gilbert.

MOO

Last edited:
Did I read that right, AE has cancer? How awful. Especially awful for the adult children. I feel so bad for this family.
Oh god that makes it even more awful. That poor woman and her poor kids. They’ve been dealing with that and now they have to grapple with everything going on with their dad.

How much does insurance usually cover for cancer treatments? I can imagine even with coverage it probably still costs a pretty penny.

Also I wonder if his wife having cancer could have been a stressor for him that set off him starting up again? Just to be clear I am 100% NOT blaming her. This was NOT at all her fault. I am just wondering aloud because stressors have a hand in serial killers amping up to commit their crimes.

So, just a side note on the presser, apparently the creepy doll was a collectible item owned by AE. Thought that was interesting given all the speculation on here. AE's lawyer also said the room in the basement was neither soundproof nor a vault, but merely a room for storing guns. However, than one seems somewhat more up for interpretation.

It makes me so angry that an older adult with cancer and an adult child with disabilities can lose their healthcare coverage in this country merely for divorcing a probably serial killer! We have to do better.

So, just a side note on the presser, apparently the creepy doll was a collectible item owned by AE. Thought that was interesting given all the speculation on here. AE's lawyer also said the room in the basement was neither soundproof nor a vault, but merely a room for storing guns. However, than one seems somewhat more up for interpretation.

It makes me so angry that an older adult with cancer and an adult child with disabilities can lose their healthcare coverage in this country merely for divorcing a probably serial killer! We have to do better.
He said it had a vault door, but the rest of the room was just an ordinary part of the basement with regular walls and beams on the ceiling supporting floor above where he stored his guns What we would call an "unfinished" basement.

Oh god that makes it even more awful. That poor woman and her poor kids. They’ve been dealing with that and now they have to grapple with everything going on with their dad.

How much does insurance usually cover for cancer treatments? I can imagine even with coverage it probably still costs a pretty penny.

Also I wonder if his wife having cancer could have been a stressor for him that set off him starting up again? Just to be clear I am 100% NOT blaming her. This was NOT at all her fault. I am just wondering aloud because stressors have a hand in serial killers amping up to commit their crimes.

Cancer is not a known factor in the motivation of serial killers afaik.

All three family members, as well as his brother actually will be a wealth of information when it comes to his behaviors, his attitudes and any conversations he had with them about the murders and murderers. They also know his lifestyle and schedules.They know how much time he spent alone, at work, what cars he owned and for how long. They’d know where he said he was going and why he said he was going. So, contrary to what Asa’s lawyer says, they do have a lot of relevant information to contribute to this case.

I just finished the presser. One journalist in the crowd tried to get the attorneys to answer how the family lawyered up with them so fast-and if the clients called them or vice-versa. Anyone know which news outlet that was?

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member