Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remembering the four murder victims who are tied to RH's arrest thus far.
  • Melissa Barthelemy
  • Amber Lynn Costello
  • Maureen Brainard-Barnes
  • Megan Waterman
These young women never had an opportunity to grow a family, or a home, or pets, or money, because they were killed off like they were worthless. Yet they have great value and were loved and cherished by their friends and family.
Great respect for all of these and the other families who've had to endure this long nightmare.

• Melissa Barthelemy
  • Amber Lynn Costello
  • Megan Waterman
These young women never had an opportunity to grow a family, or a home, or pets, or money, because they were killed off like they were worthless. Yet they have great value and were loved and cherished by their friends and family.
Great respect for all of these and the other families who've had to endure this long nightmare.
Thank you. We do need reminders. We get so wrapped up in pressers and media releases. When in fact, this is all about the young women and their families.

<modsnip - opinion stated as fact> Physically I see a beautiful woman down to one that just doesn’t care anymore. Pictures tell a story. In 25 years I believe he was a horrible husband to her. Maybe she and her daughter will tell us in a book.

Last edited by a moderator:
rbbm.
BY DANIEL DE VISÉ 08/30/23
''Rex Heuermann, a Long Island architect arrested this summer in the highly publicized Gilgo Beach murders, may go down as one of last in a vanishing species of American criminal.

Hundreds of serial killers roamed the nation in the 1980s and 1990s, captivating the public imagination and inspiring such popular culture brands as the film “Silence of the Lambs” and the television series “Dexter.”

''The number of victims dropped from 404 in 1987 to an estimated 36 in 2019, according to researchers at Radford and Florida Gulf Coast universities. They cautioned that the latest number may be low, however, because of the lag time in identifying serial killers. ''

“Organized killers, they like to read about serial killers,” Hargrove said. “And they are paying attention, and they are aware that the science has gotten way better, and they recognize that they’re taking ever-increasing risks by doing what they do.”

• Melissa Barthelemy
  • Amber Lynn Costello
  • Megan Waterman
Thank you! It is so tone deaf for the media to be talking about RH’s cats. Maybe there was a better way for LE to care for them, but IMO it’s not something to report.

The dog is a puppy, the cats would all be very elderly if they were alive and part of their family during the GB4 killings. It has been almost thirteen years since they were FOUND. And Maureen had been on the beach for three and a half years by then.

I have had cats who lived to 18-20, so it's not impossible, but the cat I saw in the live trap was, IMO, probably not anywhere near that elderly.

However, if you're purely talking about his actions in recent years, then possibly, but he seems to spend a bunch of time doing this stuff when there's no apparent holidays going on whatsoever. He seems to be constantly trawling for some kind of extramarital action. Would someone who's not reliably home for dinner be a plausible reliable pet carer? I wouldn't believe he could be trusted. But then, I have trust issues.

MOO
The difference between all in interactions with SW's and setting up murdering them is that the latter takes time and some planning, something he may not be doing on a Friday night hook-up. I think he'd wait until he had more alone time planned for when he was going to murder someone.

I'd even go so far as to say, this planning phase was a source of excitement in anticipation. This is one very sick man that none of us could ever imagine for ourselves.

The difference between all in interactions with SW's and setting up murdering them is that the latter takes time and some planning, something he may not be doing on a Friday night hook-up. I think he'd wait until he had more alone time planned for when he was going to murder someone.

I'd even go so far as to say, this planning phase was a source of excitement in anticipation. This is one very sick man that none of us could ever imagine for ourselves.

He spent some time planning, but not a lot. In contrast, Dennis Rader spent weeks, even months stalking his victims and planning whether and how to murder them. Rex H, in some cases, chose the times when his family would be away from home, then solicited sex from Craigslist. He probably kept supplies on hand and had developed tactics for luring and overpowering victims. He sometimes had them leave their cell phones at home so they couldn't be tracked, etc. But he didn't seem to be a long-term planner, at least not like Rader.

We don't know what evidence was found at his home, but he probably kept some victims' souvenirs to look at later and relive his sick experience. His odd way of tormenting people was to call their friends and family later to say terrible things probably gave him some sick satisfaction. Like many SK's, he developed his own methods over time.

Alicia Adams, a 22-year-old sex worker, was found naked and mummified in the brush about two months after she was last seen in April 2013 near the Imperial Hotel in East New York, Brooklyn. Sex workers are known to operate in this area. Adams was the mother of two little girls.

The retired cop has wondered if South Conduit turned into a dumping ground after the 2010 discovery of four women’s bodies in the brush off Ocean Parkway in Gilgo Beach.

Architect Rex Heuermann, who has an office in Manhattan, has pleaded not guilty in three of the murders he was charged with.

The investigator remembered two cadaver dogs separately hitting another spot in the woods on South Conduit Avenue

“I think this area could have been looked at with cadaver dogs further,” the retired detective said. “I think that there’s a strong possibility there could be more victims here.”

The retired cop pointed out that Adams was missing the hyoid bone in her neck and 13 teeth.

“We didn’t know if she was choked,” the investigator said.

Have there been any recent updates at all?

Could you imagine if your friend or sister that you didn't your childhood with in CT, whose children you are raising, (and have questions of their own), turning to the media to find out if a search yielded the evidence so the primary suspect could be charged, and instead you find complaints that the searched property is a mess?

MOO

Could you imagine if your friend or sister that you didn't your childhood with in CT, whose children you are raising, (and have questions of their own), turning to the media to find out if a search yielded the evidence so the primary suspect could be charged, and instead you find complaints that the searched property is a mess?

MOO
I most agree with this sentiment. And fear that some recent topics and discussions are driving others away or afar.

As they often teach one playing baseball or softball, or one watching it in the stands or fields: ‘keep your eye on the ball’.

There is a lot of investigative work and analysis still to be done in this and the related cases. And I hope the latest DNA tests to be conducted might yield helpful information.

And with the Gilgo4 (I think I have that correct), there are also many other victims in the LISK environs.
MOO

MOO

I would be LIVID!

<modsnip - opinion stated as fact> Physically I see a beautiful woman down to one that just doesn’t care anymore. Pictures tell a story. In 25 years I believe he was a horrible husband to her. Maybe she and her daughter will tell us in a book.
<modsnip> She's already stated through her lawyer that she had no inkling of anything amiss in her 27 years of marriage (and who knows how long they knew each other before marriage). What would you propose the topic of this book might be?

Last edited by a moderator:
Alicia Adams, a 22-year-old sex worker, was found naked and mummified in the brush about two months after she was last seen in April 2013 near the Imperial Hotel in East New York, Brooklyn. Sex workers are known to operate in this area. Adams was the mother of two little girls.

The retired cop has wondered if South Conduit turned into a dumping ground after the 2010 discovery of four women’s bodies in the brush off Ocean Parkway in Gilgo Beach.

Architect Rex Heuermann, who has an office in Manhattan, has pleaded not guilty in three of the murders he was charged with.

The investigator remembered two cadaver dogs separately hitting another spot in the woods on South Conduit Avenue

“I think this area could have been looked at with cadaver dogs further,” the retired detective said. “I think that there’s a strong possibility there could be more victims here.”

The retired cop pointed out that Adams was missing the hyoid bone in her neck and 13 teeth.

“We didn’t know if she was choked,” the investigator said.

Started thread..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member