Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just the accusation that he would take prostitutes into the cluttered unfinished basement of his home while his wife was home "upstairs" is absurd. If he's not killing them he's likely spending very little time with them to complete the transaction, taking them home for "services" makes no sense even if nobody was there.

I don't think it's absurd at all.
If there's a separate outside door or entrance if his wife and kids never go downstairs or go to sleep early. It's possible.
To a sane person, it would be absurd.
Anything is possible.

<snipped for focus>

This isn't about RH's "marriage," it's about real people who are also victims of his murderous actions - Asa Ellerup and two young adults, including one who is a special needs adult.
What it is actually about was a lawyer for the family of aE stating RH's family are as much victims as the dead girls.
That is how this discussion happened.
This is why we are where we are.

What it is actually about was a lawyer for the family of aE stating RH's family are as much victims as the dead girls.
That is how this discussion happened.
This is why we are where we are.

Actually it's about John Ray saying he has a witness that AE is complicit in the serial killer murders.

Not about the Heuerman children's attorney's (Vess Mitek) statement about the victims.

edited to add: Asa Ellerup's attorney (Robert Madedonia) did not make the statement about the victims, the attorney for the children made the statement - Vess Mitek.

Someone posted up thread that Vess Mitek and John Ray were law firm associates at some point in the past, so maybe there is some history there between them and that is influencing the dueling attorneys (Ray and Mitek). I hope the Ellerup/Heuerman adult children, and Asa, are not damaged further by this.

Last edited:
Actually it's about John Ray saying he has a witness that AE is complicit in the serial killer murders.

Not about the Heuerman children's attorney's (Vess Mitek) statement about the victims.
That's just mind boggling to me.
Of course, so is this weird, contentious argument over who is/has suffered more as a victim.

jmo

I am not in a place where I will discredit his prior work at any level.
I'm glad he did what he did /
However there is more to be done and if he was on the ball he'd be doing that instead.He
he may have just lost the plot.
It happens.

That in no way stops me believing what I do believe about other victims.
JR is not a victim.
And here we are again- distracted.

There's plenty of work to be done..

He just brought in a new witness to help the state's case, so that's pretty good work.

edited to add: Asa Ellerup's attorney (Robert Madedonia) did not make the statement about the victims, the attorney for the children made the statement - Vess Mitek.

Someone posted up thread that Vess Mitek and John Ray were law firm associates at some point in the past, so maybe there is some history there between them and that is influencing the dueling attorneys (Ray and Mitek). I hope the Ellerup/Heuerman adult children, and Asa, are not damaged further by this.

More importantly, I hope the prosecution gets all the witnesses and evidence it needs to build a solid case that will keep Rex H behind bars for life and beyond. They've amassed a great deal of evidence, but some of it is circumstantial, some of it requires expert testimony that jurors need to be able to understand. That's especially so with DNA evidence, for murders that happened more than a dozen years ago.

I also hope the prosecution gets a good, unbiased jury.

<snipped for focus>

This isn't about RH's "marriage," it's about real people who are also victims of his murderous actions - Asa Ellerup and two young adults, including one who is a special needs adult.

Actually, its about the murder of at least 4 innocent women and the need to get all the good evidence possible to convict Rex Heuermann. The guy needs to be put away for life, hopefully not acquitted on a technicality because of pre-trial publicity that made his family into sympathetic victims.

I hope they find refuge from the publicity and get their lives back to normal, but we don't need them suing the police for damages and flinging accusations, distracting LE and the prosecution from the work they need to do to finish their investigation and take the case to trial.

I'm trying to remember a case where a serial killer's family hired their own legal team to do PR and sue the police department. I can't think of any, its not the usual process for these families. Most disappear, avoid the news media and try to restart their lives away from the husband/father who betrayed them so horribly.

Rex H is the bad guy here, not the police or other attorneys. JMO Its interesting how that focus shifted once the victims family hired attorneys.

Last edited:
Just musing… I would love to know if mysterious death or disappearances happened later in life to any of the folks who bullied RH in school. I don’t know any way we’d find this out without an Insider who knew him way back when he was younger, but I’m curious.

Just musing… I would love to know if mysterious death or disappearances happened later in life to any of the folks who bullied RH in school. I don’t know any way we’d find this out without an Insider who knew him way back when he was younger, but I’m curious.

I'm curious as well as any missing children, young pre-teens, or HS students at his school or neighborhood.
I think we're just at the beginning of an unfolding saga.

I believe that AE’s attorney could best help them by getting someone to offer the use of an RV/camper that can be placed on the property. I understand how the family is hurting and AS has cancer, but I think of the families of the Gilgo murders.
As long as the search was legal, I don't feel it's the responsibility of LE to help clean up. LE is charged with getting any and all evidence that will help provide justice to the victims and their families.

LE has stated AE had no involvement in 3 of the murders because she was out of town. JR is saying she is somehow complicit and is conning the public, based on his witness evidence. A thorough investigation is needed to comprehend exactly what has occurred.

BBM above - here is an example

Here is Johnny Ray again on newsnation with Brian Entin - take a listen

A few comments-

1. He starts off by saying Asa is conning everybody and she has for years
Uses an example that her husband makes plenty of money - these are not poor people - but she uses food stamps.
(JR knows all about the son's disabilities/eligibilty and food stamps but he wants you to believe that Asa is scamming the system)

Disingenuous at Best - not helpful
2. Then he goes into: you cannot tell me that they live in that little tiny house and how could she possibly in this day and age not have known that Rex was a serial killer. Says it overwhelming possible that she and the other adults in the house (aka the KIDS) knew very well what was going on in that house with Rex and sex in the basement ( still not sure even if that were true that means he is a killer and furthermore that would make his family think he was a killer)
What? - not helpful
3. Says Asa and kids never expressed sympathy for the dead girls /for what their father has done - he prob knows better than most that they were most likely told to not say anything like that by legal counsel-and btw innocent until proven guilty etc - but he says it points to their guilt
What? - not helpful

Finally under What? -not helpful - his very very credible witness who is not coming forward "at this time" who he personally "examined" (not interviewed but examined - his words) for hours. This witness says there were sex workers in the house and it was well known by the family. Once again its a leap from there to serial killing even if true, but hey it's Johnny Ray

IMO Put up or shut up IMO JR. If Asa/kids are complicit aren't you obligated to do the right thing and bring it to LE, don't shovel innuendo on newsnation.

I do notice in listening to him that he takes care to walk a thin line when making all his statements. He says "What I hear" "What I have been told ".

It is clear to me that he wants the family classified as "suspects" so any money can be frozen to preserve it for his clients. He's shady - but he does have a strategy and end game.

So maybe @Ruminations you are correct that what he does could prove helpful - helpful to his clients - its just not necessarily based upon anything in the realm of factual information nor actually helpful to the investigation at this point.

ALL JMO

Ok, I know @Barbie619 told me not to look at this interview lol, but it is like rubbernecking at a bad wreck, I couldn’t help but look.

FTR, again, who knows what information may come out later, but at this stage based on what police have said my jaw is on the floor with this guy. I’m only about a couple minutes in, but already I can debate his points, as some of you have done.

I’d like to lay those out later, it seems so far Brian is saying what I want to say, but still watching. Wanted to post my initial reaction in real time, which again is jaw on the floor. He has really got some gall. Now if it turns out there is any truth to any of this, well, idk we’ll approach that when we get there, but man, he.....

——

Eta this is really ticking me off.

My stance is to give her the benefit of the doubt at this time.

—-

Eta2: Brian just said exactly what I said earlier, that maybe they had some sort of arrangement.

O/T, Brian is really adorable, isn’t he? I think he’s a total cutie.

Last edited:
Ok, I know @Barbie619 told me not to look at this interview lol, but it is like rubbernecking at a bad wreck, I couldn’t help but look.

FTR, again, who knows what information may come out later, but at this stage based on what police have said my jaw is on the floor with this guy. I’m only about a couple minutes in, but already I can debate his points.

I’d like to lay those out later, it seems so far Brian is saying what I want to say, but still watching. Wanted to post my initial reaction in real time, which again is jaw on the floor. He has really got some gall. Now if it turns out there is any truth to any of this, well, idk we’ll approach that when we get there, but man, he.....

JMO, John Ray isn't causing Rex H's wife problems. Rex H is causing them by being a serial killer who murdered at least 4 women, being arrested and is now going to trial.

Its not the fault of LE that they had to thoroughly search the home of Rex and his wife Asa. Its their job to check for all possible evidence, especially since some of the victims were killed in that home. It's a crime scene. That's the fault of Rex Heuermann.

The law requires police conduct a full investigation into the murders of these women. Since some of the victims were murdered or held in Rex and Asa's home, they have to investigate everything and everyone who lived at the crime scene. It's an ongoing investigation, we have to be patient to see what develops. LE said early on that they believe Rex's wife was out of town when he murdered women at their home. Evidence continues to come in, as well as new witness testimony that can give a clearer picture.

John Ray, LE, Suffolk County prosecutors, the news media and everyone else is not responsible for Rex's wife's misery, he is. That she is still communicating with him, hasn't expressed sympathy towards his victims and isn't cooperating with LE is unusual for the spouse of a serial killer. Her problems stem from Rex Heuerman, her husband, and no one else.

JMO

JMO, John Ray isn't causing Rex H's wife problems. Rex H is causing them by being a serial killer who murdered at least 4 women, being arrested and is now going to trial.

Its not the fault of LE that they had to thoroughly search the home of Rex and his wife Asa. Its their job to check for all possible evidence, especially since some of the victims were killed in that home. It's a crime scene. That's the fault of Rex Heuermann.

The law requires police conduct a full investigation into the murders of these women. Since some of the victims were murdered or held in Rex and Asa's home, they have to investigate everything and everyone who lived at the crime scene. It's an ongoing investigation, we have to be patient to see what develops. LE said early on that they believe Rex's wife was out of town when he murdered women at their home. Evidence continues to come in, as well as new witness testimony that can give a clearer picture.

John Ray, LE, Suffolk County prosecutors, the news media and everyone else is not responsible for Rex's wife's misery, he is. That she is still communicating with him, hasn't expressed sympathy towards his victims and isn't cooperating with LE is unusual for the spouse of a serial killer. Her problems stem from Rex Heuerman, her husband, and no one else.

JMO

Agree RH is THE culprit here. Never said otherwise. :)

Just saying IMO JR has a lot of gall at this stage. And my jaw IS on the floor with this guy.

JMO
BBM
Rex H is causing them by being a serial killer who murdered at least 4 women, being arrested and is now going to trial.

That's the fault of Rex Heuermann.

Her problems stem from Rex Heuerman, her husband, and no one else.

Agree RH is THE culprit here. Never said otherwise. :)

Just saying IMO JR has a lot of gall at this stage. And my jaw IS on the floor with this guy.

JR has an established reputation for being an honest attorney and advocate for the victims of LISK. He's cooperated with LE and tells the truth. It may be hard for some people to hear, but its a murder investigation that was stymied for over 10 years by LE and prosecutors who couldn't resolve the case, but that another LEO from a different jurisdiction solved in one month.

OTOH, the killer's wife has hired attorneys, is suing the Suffolk County PD, isn't cooperating and is still in contact with her serial killer husband. It's hard for a wife to be in her situation, but its not going to help her to blame everyone else for her problems.

ETA: I'd also add that if LE thought perhaps that Rex's wife could help to get him to confess, provide incriminating evidence or take a plea deal to avoid a lengthy trial, they're probably wrong. These two are probably going to put up a big fight, along with their attorneys. He has 4, I think. She has 2. JMO

Last edited:
I don’t think anyone is saying RH isn’t the problem here. That’s a given.

The JR deal is a separate aspect of this discussion, RH aside, him accusing and outing someone with no proof to submit at this time, victim blaming, when police have not indicated any family responsibility or involvement. Again as stated we don’t know what may come out later, but at this stage imo this is inappropriate. Doesn’t mean RH is not a monster because he is, OBVIOUSLY, but JR is out of line at this stage, imo.

Last edited:
Rsbm

OTOH, the killer's wife has hired attorneys, is suing the Suffolk County PD, isn't cooperating and is still in contact with her serial killer husband. It's hard for a wife to be in her situation, but its not going to help her to blame everyone else for her problems.

Respectfully, has AE blamed anyone else for her problems? Perhaps I missed this, I don’t get to read every post unfortunately.

That des not make AE "complicit" in the murders which is also what Ray stated.

If he has evidence of such, he needs to get to the police stat. Until then, AE is not a POI in these crimes as stated by LE.
This attorney seems to be "shading" family members, perhaps because he knows they have seriously damaging information about his client and he's trying to get ahead of it. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Champ86