Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so happy for the families of these young women. I know they had to think that this day would never come. I hope he just confesses and tell them anyone he is not charged for, but that is wishful thinking.
They appear confident that they have him for 3-4. Fingers crossed they can now get some answers for the other 6.

Notes from the press conference:

- RH first became a suspect on March 14, 2022 after a NY State investigator "was able to identify him in a database"

- Over 300 subpoenas and search warrants were executed

- All of the women were bound at the head, the chest or the midsection, and the legs

- The burlap in this case was camouflage, like the type used for hunting

- In December 2012, FBI special agents began looking at the cell site data and honed in on similarities between the burner phones (now identified as belonging to RH) and the victims' cellphones. They noted in particular that the four phones had overlap in Massapequa Park and Midtown Manhattan

- The physical similarities between RH and the man seen during Amber Costello's 'ruse' shortly before her disappearance, location of his house within the area the victims' phones pinged, and the similarity of RH's car to the one seen in the 'ruse' led to RH being identified as a suspect in 2022.
Thank goodness for that "angry boyfriend" ruse for at least a description!

jmo

The alleged Gilgo Beach slayer was in tears after his arrest on three counts of murder and sobbed “I did not do this,” his lawyer revealed Friday.

He appeared unfazed as prosecutors rattled off a laundry list of reasons why he should be remanded at the Cromartie Court Complex in Suffolk County, New York.

Among their evidence was cell phone records, analyses of burner phones, Google searches and Heuermann’s DNA from a half-eaten pizza linking him to the killings of Melissa Barthelemy, Megan Waterman and Amber Costello.

I mean, this guy is such a doofus he took selfies on his secret burner phones he used to lure and kill sex workers. I doubt he knew or bothered with the ins and outs of using private browsing or a VPN to look up other material that he will no doubt be facing charges for.

MOO

I said it earlier, but thank the stars for dumb criminals. I’m sure some of the next generation of killers will adapt a bit more to technology, but it still just leaves *so many more mistakes* you have to fail to make, in order to get away with it. And people are so very attached to their devices.

I mean, this guy is such a doofus he took selfies on his secret burner phones he used to lure and kill sex workers. I doubt he knew or bothered with the ins and outs of using private browsing or a VPN to look up other material that he will no doubt be facing charges for.

MOO

Thought he was smart getting a different burner phone after each killing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74