Gilgo Beach LISK Serial Killer, Rex Heuermann, charged with 3 murders, July 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm oddly intrigued by the state of his house. What would make someone in the architectural field live in an unsightly home?
It might be how he uses the term: "architecture". He does not seem to have been a designer.

Rather, he served as a consultant for builders and re-modelers seeking advise on how to navigate through very complex NYC building codes, zoning restrictions, use permits, occupancy regulations, all with grandfathered exceptions, counter exceptions etc. etc.

As a side note, your point reminds me that the east coast can have some pretty archaic, olde English type terms describing professions and trades.

Last edited:
...Those in Long Island had been stripped naked and were found without jewelry or belongings, each wrapped in burlap."
It will be interesting to see what "trophies" he kept from his victims. I imagine that he did. Remember, the things that BTK kept from his victims. I think that he had them in the shed behind his house. RH had to have kept things hidden some place, too, whether at home or at his office.

JMO.

It will be interesting to see what "trophies" he kept from his victims. I imagine that he did. Remember, the things that BTK kept from his victims. I think that he had them in the shed behind his house. RH had to have kept things hidden some place, too, whether at home or at his office.

JMO.
Maybe they are in the cooler that was removed from the house today.

jmo

The four victims that he has been connected to so far, disappeared in 2007, 2009 and 2010 (two). They were all found in 2010. Other remains found in the same area belong to people who were last seen earlier than 2007 (in some cases decades earlier). Some of those were dismembered and only partial remains were found. It appears that the perp stopped after 2010, perhaps because the police discovered the bodies.

Shannan Gilbert was believed to have drowned right?
I don't believe it for a second. Her 911 call makes it seem impossible to me that she was not in danger. She had pending law issues, was breaking the law the night she called, yet she contacted the police.

Brewer, the home owner, claimed he wanted her out of the house...so he could have just called the police himself. Pak was breaking the law, but instead of just leaving when noting she was on the phone with police, silently bailing, he speaks with her to try to gain her trust and catch her.

Also, Brewer try's to gain her trust and NOT give info when she was on the phone. Iinstead of giving his address and saying, she over stayed her welcome. Please get her out.

Somebody was trying to hurt her.

MOO

The four victims that he has been connected to so far, disappeared in 2007, 2009 and 2010 (two). They were all found in 2010. Other remains found in the same area belong to people who were last seen earlier than 2007 (in some cases decades earlier). Some of those were dismembered and only partial remains were found. It appears that the perp stopped after 2010, perhaps because the police discovered the bodies.
Maybe stopped....or changed MO.

jmo

[snipped for focus]

Parkway on Long Isla
Police released photos of a belt found during the initial Gilgo Beach investigation which they believe was handled by the perpetrator and did not belong to any of the victims
Police released photos of a belt found during the initial Gilgo Beach investigation which they believe was handled by the perpetrator and did not belong to any of the victims
Could it be a belt that RH inherited from a family member with the initials "WH"? Or do we know his wife's name? Maybe she's WH?

JMO.
Exactly was I was thinking. I'm also stuck on this cooler they seized and whether there can be any link to what was found yesterday since they were tailing him. If there is a connection to yesterday's remains (bones - so this seems it was some time ago), maybe there is no mention bc they are waiting for labs to come back? Speculation/MOO

It is so strange to watch a suspected serial killer be interviewed and act like a normal business person. It's unsettling, really, especially, since we know that he has child *advertiser censored* and torture *advertiser censored* on his computer along with other disturbing things.

I don't believe it for a second. Her 911 call makes it seem impossible to me that she was not in danger. She had pending law issues, was breaking the law the night she called, yet she contacted the police.

Brewer, the home owner, claimed he wanted her out of the house...so he could have just called the police himself. Pak was breaking the law, but instead of just leaving when noting she was on the phone with police, silently bailing, he speaks with her to try to gain her trust and catch her.

Also, Brewer try's to gain her trust and NOT give info when she was on the phone. Iinstead of giving his address and saying, she over stayed her welcome. Please get her out.

Somebody was trying to hurt her.

MOO
Agree. MOO

For me, the press conference raised more questions than it answered. It was stated that in 2012, the FBI discovered that the 3 phones of the victims as well as a burner phone all pinged in the same area in Massapequa Park and Midtown Manhattan. IIRC it was also stated that around the same time (or perhaps earlier, the exact time LE was made aware was not clear but it sounded as if it was early in the investigation), LE learned of the 'ruse' Amber Costello ran shortly before her disappearance in which her client was a very tall and large man who was around 6'4" to 6'8" and had a 1st-gen Chevy Avalanche (as stated in the bail application).

So LE knew that the victims' phones and the burner phone were in the same areas (Massapequa Park & Midtown Manhattan) and they also had a detailed description of a client & the car he drove early on in the investigation. I understand why running the mDNA on the hairs found at the crime scene wasn't possible back then (2011-2012), but I wonder why LE didn't search for people living in Massapequa Park and/or Midtown Manhattan who fit the description and had a Chevy Avalanche registered in their name. Assuming RH has a driver's license, the NY DMV would already have his height/weight and vehicle information on file, so it seems they would've been able to identify RH as a suspect much earlier than 2022.

Obviously we are not privy to the inner workings of the investigation, but based on the bail application and the information in the press conference, I'm confused as to why LE didn't connect the puzzle pieces earlier, so to speak. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74